Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CKBA
Prawn curry on ARN-LHR (marketed as 'beef or curry'). No menus.
I really really don't get why CE menus are such a disgrace.
  • Majority of the time they are loaded onboard but crew does not hand them out (it takes 2 minutes or less I guess with 12 rows of CE).
  • Sometimes crew claims they have not been loaded (not sure this is an excuse, when I point this out).
  • Very very rarely they hand them out (my personal rate is 1 every 10 CE sectors)
I know it's a first world problem but it really annoys me. Never had a CW or F flight without a menu.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
I am guessing more often than not they are just not loaded - wonder why! It’s been 50:50 for me lately.

Why would crew give themselves more work to do, explaining the options to everyone if they could just hand menus out.. 🤷
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:46 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
I assumed with your reputation you could come back with a better retort than "Pet"

I have eaten it, as well as the Tofu veg alternative. give it a try, you may well enjoy trying new things.
You may well be right, Pet. I watched far far to much Corrie in my childhood and then graduated to The Archers. I was doomed from the cradle.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by 81romeo
  • Majority of the time they are loaded onboard but crew does not hand them out (it takes 2 minutes or less I guess with 12 rows of CE).
  • Sometimes crew claims they have not been loaded (not sure this is an excuse, when I point this out).
  • Very very rarely they hand them out (my personal rate is 1 every 10 CE sectors)
I know it's a first world problem but it really annoys me. Never had a CW or F flight without a menu.
Menus are only on Band 3-5 and UK domestic.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by 81romeo
You have been unlucky - I think that only once were there no menus. Trust me, they would hand them out if they were there. Sometimes what they load and what they give the crews menus to distribute are no the the same. It happens
81romeo likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Is there a reason for that? It seems bizarre that they don't do some sort of menu for 1-2 when they do for Domestic?
bafan likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I chose the Malaysian aubergine curry on BA670 [LHR-BJV] earlier today. I probably should have known better; being Malaysian, it's a bit on the sweet side! Other options were the beef cheek and prawn salad.
adrianlondon and Sealink like this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Is there a reason for that? It seems bizarre that they don't do some sort of menu for 1-2 when they do for Domestic?
Domestics are done because there's a legal requirement to display calorie info.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by S_W_S
Correct, this is new thing that has been in a couple of months.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by S_W_S
Really? What utter nonsense. Are they going to put the calorie value on the gin as well?

Thank you for this - it was kind of you. I really had no idea.
camdentown likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Menus a bit hit and miss for me too. I don’t tend to mind too much. But it is a real loss I think for passengers who don’t travel Club very often as for example it isn’t often obvious what’s available on the bar etc. then they miss out.

I think the contents of the various bars used to be listed towards the back of Highlife but that went away a fair few years ago.
blurt91 and 81romeo like this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Schwann
At least the cow gets a choice as to whether it swims in potato or it's own juice.
At the farm, or after leaving the slaughterhouse?
Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by lcylocal
Menus a bit hit and miss for me too. I don’t tend to mind too much. But it is a real loss I think for passengers who don’t travel Club very often as for example it isn’t often obvious what’s available on the bar etc. then they miss out.

I think the contents of the various bars used to be listed towards the back of Highlife but that went away a fair few years ago.
Also for passengers who don't have English as first language or indeed those who may hearing difficulties
81romeo and lcylocal like this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 3:38 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by sb1982
I am guessing more often than not they are just not loaded - wonder why! It’s been 50:50 for me lately.

Why would crew give themselves more work to do, explaining the options to everyone if they could just hand menus out.. 🤷
particularly on Iberia where CC couldn't tell us the options.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Correct - my stats are based on Band 3-5

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.