Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2022, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
the bacon roll seems to be the one from express band breakfasts https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34108183-post133.html

i can't explain the couscous, i don't recognise it from any other CE meals
So it is, but not usually with couscous 😂. EDI isn’t usually express though, we’re band 1.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
BA968 LHR-HAM Kosher for Passover breakfast.
Attached Images  
Sealink, Ryanfozzie and GOTBound like this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum

BA967 HAM-LHR Kosher for Passover dinner.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 2:32 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks for that Ted, I was wondering who was going to give the Passover menu, it's more interesting than I thought. Unfortunately some of usual Kosher flyers appear to have strayed lately.
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 4:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Full English from NCL down to LHR this morning.

Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
LHR-MUC BA960 - afternoon tea time

This is the Vegan Special Meal (thanks to someone else accepting the pastrami option for reasons known best to them), see the green label - this would need to be ordered in advance. There was a separate vegetarian option (Bombay potatoes) that would not have need ordering. It was better than I thought, e.g. the mint leave on the cucumber gave a nice zing. The cream won't exactly be vegan so that didn't come as standard. The roll was a bit turgid, though doubtless virtuous.

our_kid and KARFA like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Accor Platinum
Of the 3 most recent flights I had, in 3 weeks, only 1 had menus handed out (TFS - LHR). Are menus coming back in all CE now?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:23 am

15/04 - LHR - AGP - BA2716

Chicken Confit
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:25 am

19/04 - AGP - LHR - BA2713

Beef Cheek
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lapchien
Of the 3 most recent flights I had, in 3 weeks, only 1 had menus handed out (TFS - LHR). Are menus coming back in all CE now?
yes they should be to the longer routes, so bands 3 and 4.
Lapchien likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:49 am

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Ba824 - lhr-dub

17:35 departure from LHR to DUB, KSML ordered.

Very similar to the above, this is the Kosher for Passover 'Dinner' option. All in all, very happy with my recent KSMLs on our hops to/from DUB for positioning. Managed to do a SDC to avoid a 9am departure from DUB but as a result have lost the ability try the breakfast offering.

Old Apr 21, 2022, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
15/04 - LHR - AGP - BA2716

Chicken Confit
19/04 - AGP - LHR - BA2713

Beef Cheek
I must say these main courses look quite impressive and even have a touch of the heady heights of around 4 years (?) ago now.

My only complaint is that they look slightly light on the starch - something needed to soak up the gin!
Lapchien and Sealink like this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 3:36 am

Sure, the chicken was a bit light on the carbs, but the beef cheek is hdden under a wheel of mash.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 10:59 pm

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Last night’s BA598 to VCE:

Fennel, beetroot and quinoa salad

Choice was described by an extremely young but very friendly and extremely attentive IFL as “salmon sushi” or a beetroot and asparagus salad.

Sat in 2D I didn’t think I’d have too much trouble getting what I assumed was the delicious poké bowl others have posted (which is what it was), particularly after 1A chose not to eat, 1C went the quinoa and 1D was empty.

1F, 2A and 2C all went salmon, and the other crew member I think had served most of the rest of the cabin behind us and so by the time it came to us they were down to one choice.

The salad was ok; very creamy underneath with some kind of cream cheese maybe, and the asparagus was in fact fennel. Ok for me, but the other half hates fennel so I got double on top of mine. The beans side salad had a horseradish cream underneath which was a bit odd.

The usual Do&Co dessert was ok, but not a patch on the chocolate mousse.

Of note though when asking for a G&T after dinner to wash away all the fennel I was presented with a choice between aviator or tanqueray gin!

Tanqueray- still a thing!

Overall a decent flight. The plane was early to land and was very light down the back, about 60% full in club.

The crew were up and down the aisle every few minutes topping up champagne and were very friendly.

I thought it a bit odd that the second crew member serving club wasn’t wearing his name badge. Not relevant to the food though!
Old Apr 22, 2022, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There is a supply issue getting name badges for new crew at the moment I’m told.
pythonisman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.