Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2021, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Were you able to check in and get mobile boarding pass? Have a great trip!

Hi

Apologies for the delay in was sightseeing in london then suddenly saw my phone at 1%. I'm sure a few minutes earlier it was well above 40%. Strangely it now has been at 1 % for the past hour

Anyway the app threw a wobbly and could not log in so had to un install and reinstall it.

I was able to check in on ba com.

Will collect the BP at t5 tomorrow when dropping bags

Regards
tbs
Old Nov 27, 2021, 11:22 am

Programs: BA silver
I've literally just completed the PLF and uploaded it to Verifly for our return from Lanzarote on Monday, and then saw the annoucnement that PCR tests are now required instead of lateral flow tests. Am I going to need to redo PLF & update Verifly? Is it likely that PLF & Verifly will be updated with the changed requirements quickly?
Old Nov 27, 2021, 11:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by paul71
I've literally just completed the PLF and uploaded it to Verifly for our return from Lanzarote on Monday, and then saw the annoucnement that PCR tests are now required instead of lateral flow tests. Am I going to need to redo PLF & update Verifly? Is it likely that PLF & Verifly will be updated with the changed requirements quickly?
PCRs are not currently required, a date has not been promulgated so until then a LFT is still the required test. Once PCR tests are introduced, travellers will also be required to self isolate until they receive a negative test result.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Going over to London from NY this was ok, was able to scan a pic of my vaccine card to the app and get it reviewed by Verifly, and thus gave some thought to not bringing the card so as to reduce the risk of loss.

Coming back it was rubbish, refused to upload my negative test, so i had to show all of the required docs to the AA agent in T5. Thankfully i had my hard copy vaccine card with me, I am not sure if the scanned image on my phone would have been sufficient.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 4:20 pm

I have just come back from a trip to Oslo on BA in Europe Traveller. I used the VeriFLY app as prompted via email by BA three days before my flight, despite the fairly negative reviews it receives it amazingly worked. As a friend described it was initially pretty hard to use as it isn’t intuitive.

There are templates for visits both to Norway and the UK. I managed to (fairly) easily upload my 2-vax certificate from the NHS app, as well as my Passenger Locator document and Day 2 test details.

BA immediately accepted the VeriFLY digital approval and the actual journey was painless from the point of view of documentation. The check-in clerk asked me to show it along with my passport and again at boarding. It was interesting to see people at check-in being turned away as they hadn't completed this step.

My phone is a Motorola g9 (Android).
Old Nov 28, 2021, 3:54 am
hmv

With the proposed change in covid requirements, the verifly app is going to run into issues, because transfers wouldn't require a test. But you are forced to split up into 2x trip to.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hmv
With the proposed change in covid requirements, the verifly app is going to run into issues, because transfers wouldn't require a test. But you are forced to split up into 2x trip to.
I don't think so. I transited LHR yesterday and had two trips, trip to UK and trip to US. Trip to UK doesn't have a place to upload test, that's handled by the PLF and that shouldn't change.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 11:40 am

Programs: BA GGL
Just as a data point I attempted to upload a "fit to fly" letter from a doctor in place of a negative test result into the Verifly App. Negative Ghostrider.....
Old Nov 28, 2021, 4:23 pm

Limited use of verify

Recently flew AA101 to JFK from
T5. There was no streaming of passengers at pre check in. If the person in front turned up with no/incomplete paperwork work they would take care of them (10-15 mins) then move to next in line. I had verify so was waved through

At T8 JFK all passengers on the AA100 were
made to share the line with excess baggage customers (all destinations) with only one agent working. So about 45 mins in total wait even though I had one world status !! They weren’t bothered with VeriFLY at jfk. Paper docs only …
Old Nov 29, 2021, 9:41 am

Programs: BA
Verifly did not upload "Ready to Fly" to BA

I'm flying to MCO tomorrow, staying overnight at the Sofitel LHR tonight. I had my antigen test at ExpressTest in T5, had the results email in about 40 minutes. I'd previously uploaded the vaccination status documentation.

I then completed the US Passenger Attestation part in Verifly. I was expecting to have to upload the US form but there were just some statements to confirm in the app.

Then I got the Ready to Fly, but it did not upload to BA so I couldn't check in.

I wandered over the First check-in and the chap at the entrance podium checked me in after looking at the Verifly Pass. He said that Verifly doesn't always communicate the info to BA!

Last edited by buzzrm; Nov 29, 2021 at 9:45 am Reason: Added title
Old Nov 29, 2021, 11:10 am

Programs: BA Silver
Just had my Covid test back from Boots and I assume I did it correctly in selecting the manual upload option in VeriFLY. Any idea how long it takes to me manually verified? Thanks all!
Old Nov 29, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Just dropped a bag off at SJC and asked to show the Verify app. Quick glance to see if there was a green tick and that was it.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 1:42 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by peter.r.erskine
Just had my Covid test back from Boots and I assume I did it correctly in selecting the manual upload option in VeriFLY. Any idea how long it takes to me manually verified? Thanks all!
You almost certainly did select correctly. Reports suggest from 5 minutes to 3 hours (see upthread), it may be that VeriFLY are being extra careful in the light of recent news, but their last upload point is advertised as being 4 hours to departure.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 1:46 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by buzzrm
I wandered over the First check-in and the chap at the entrance podium checked me in after looking at the Verifly Pass. He said that Verifly doesn't always communicate the info to BA!
I think from the data points upthread it can take several hours to get to BA. I can see changes in my PNR and on one occasion VeriFLY took 10 minutes, the next occasion over 10 hours, and I can't see why there would have been a massive difference. Note that there always were circumstances where there was an airport check of documents, and VeriFLY isn't able to fix those scenarios.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA silver
Verifly worked fine today from Lanzarote back to Heathrow, only slight hiccup was that the Verifly app didn't recognise vaccine certificates as valid for two of our party who had received their boosters since the certificates were downloaded. Once re-downloaded with the booster dose visible they were accepted immediately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.