Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2021, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Enigma368
Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021 until further notice.
Previous discussion: COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

A reduced service has resumed in all cabins, including steel cutlery, glassware and chinaware in premium cabins. Choice may be limited in some cabins and on some routes. Some elements may be delivered covered for safety. All meals apart from First are served on single trays. Portion sizes, particularly in Club World, have been significantly reduced compared to pre-Covid.

On BA CityFlyer full service has resumed, with the exception of hot towels and warmed bread in Club Europe. See dedicated wiki thread for full details.

Details of the current service are available on BA.com

Changes from pre-COVID service:

Euro Traveller
  • Buy-on-board M&S menu replaced with pre-order Tom Kerridge menu
  • Complimentary bottle of water and packaged ambient snack offered to all passengers
Club Europe
  • Band 1 now receives the same service as Express (light breakfast > brunch > lunch > afternoon tea > dinner)
  • Band 2 now receives the same service as Bands 3 and 4 (breakfast > rest of the day)
  • Band 3 should still have a drinks run before serving lunch and dinner
  • No hot towels
  • No menus on Band 3 / Band 4 services
  • Dessert served in ceramic dish rather than plastic pot
  • No starter for Express / Band 1 lunch and dinner services
  • No cheese for Band 3 / Band 4 rest of the day services
  • One fewer sandwich for afternoon tea services
  • One type of (warm) bread roll available, wrapped in sealed plastic, served from a basket
World Traveller
  • No roll/butter served with main meal, cheese and crackers also not provided
  • Inflight snack (previously took the form of a Magnum ice cream) and tuck box suspended - replaced with Walkers shortbread o/r from galley.
World Traveller Plus
  • TBC
Club World
  • No hot towels
  • Meals served on one tray at the same time
  • No choice of starter or dessert
  • Portion sizes have been substantially reduced. Starters, cheese and dessert are all served in mini ramekins
First
  • No hot towels
Print Wikipost

Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond

Pleased to get a hot breakfast on DFW-LHR given Arrivals lounge closure - wasn’t expecting this after I saw the second meal in W for someone else was the dreaded butty in a bag which I thought meant it was in an inferior banding. Fish curry was delicious, starter burrata really good also compared to some of the rabbit feed often seen; lovely crew too.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
For the life of me, I still can’t understand the Covid logic (or lack thereof) of cutting down variety so drastically as to have just 2-3 menus that keep repeating themselves all the time…
NoY and MaxFlyer like this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
F January 2022 Menu & Wine List to USA

Would anybody who has travelled since the start of the year to the US in F please upload the menu & wine list. Travelling BA281 if F next week..

Many thanks
Old Jan 2, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Any guidance on how my newly diagnosed GLUTEN INTOLERANT other half who also is vegan might navigate a special meal order in CE? We have a band 3 LHR-LIS flight in March [or so we hope] and wondering what options/strategy there might be. If any.

From scanning this thread as well as the main CE thread it looks like a GFML special order definitely will not guarantee a vegetarian [let alone vegan] meal. And the regular no order ahead vegetarian offering may very well not be GF [as indeed it will almost invariably involve pasta]. The Venn diagram on this one is GF, Vegetarian, Served in CE. [Vegan is a bonus but not required]. I am aware that some of the Asian / Far East / Veg special meals *may* be the way forward — absolutely fine.

The gluten issue is not a Coeliac life threatening thing but does affect his digestion!

Thanks folks. NTFM
Old Jan 2, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by col747uk
Would anybody who has travelled since the start of the year to the US in F please upload the menu & wine list. Travelling BA281 if F next week..

Many thanks
contact YouFirst, they will provide menu
Old Jan 2, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by ENTP

That looks absolutely disgusting. Even though it might have tasted nice, it looks horrific the way it is served.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by NoTiersForMe
Any guidance on how my newly diagnosed GLUTEN INTOLERANT other half who also is vegan might navigate a special meal order in CE?
There are basically two options:

1) order vegan but leave out anything that he suspects has gluten in which may leave little to eat;
2) self-cater which would seem a lot more sensible to me.

Gluten free meals (or low calory which often seem to share a lot in common with gluten free) will typically have poultry or fish in it and may also have yoghurt or the like so I personally do not think it is much of an option here.
NoTiersForMe likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
I would suggest Kosher, many are Gluten Free (my GF is also Gluten intolerant and opts for this) - however they are meat centric so you may loose half the meal
NoTiersForMe likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 11:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
I flew BA Club World LHR-LAX on Jan 1st.

Some thoughts:

1) Haven't flown BA since pre covid but very surprised that there were only 2 meat choices for main course and one vegan option. One of the meat choices was already unavailable by the time I was asked for my choice. This seems pretty poor by any other airline's standards.

2) I was surprised that the meal was all served on one tray. I assume this will eventually change back to a normal course based service?

3) The food quality was actually pretty good even if the serving sizes were small.

4) Pre departure drinks were indeed served so I have updated the wiki accordingly.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by JessicaB
That looks absolutely disgusting. Even though it might have tasted nice, it looks horrific the way it is served.
I just had a very similar menu on SFO-LHR in CW on the 789. No in-seat power, reading light only worked with it pointing in one particular angle (the most un-useful angle, of course) and the food was pretty horrible. I was going to post pictures but someone has already done so above. The pat of butter is now ridiculously small. The bread was almost the best thing on the tray except for the cheese and crackers which were surprisingly edible.

I do the return in F shortly. No idea what to expect but will fill up in the CCR before hand, probably!

rb211.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Enigma368
1) Haven't flown BA since pre covid but very surprised that there were only 2 meat choices for main course and one vegan option. One of the meat choices was already unavailable by the time I was asked for my choice. This seems pretty poor by any other airline's standards.

2) I was surprised that the meal was all served on one tray. I assume this will eventually change back to a normal course based service?
Thanks for the mini report! Pre-pandemic there were usually only three main course options in Club World; most commonly fish, meat and vegetarian. Two starter options, plus soup and salad was the norm for the first course(s).

The single tray service is temporary and is rumoured to be changing back to course-by-course service with the summer schedule in March (if not before).
Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:20 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Gold, BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Ba1370 lhr-man

Express Breakfast service on BA1370 LHR-MAN on Boxing Day

Genius1 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Gold, BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Ba1403 man-lhr

Express Dinner service on BA1403 on 28/12/2021

Prosciutto, mozzarella, tomato and roast vegetables, bread roll and a blueberry cheesecake dessert (?)
Genius1 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:39 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Vegetarian Afternoon Tea option on Glasgow flight. Avoid this like the plague - never seen cucumber cut so thinly and on such a dry piece of bread. Plus hummus should never be a sandwich spread

I also questioned where the scone was - that is it I was told….. no I think that is a bread roll. Nope you have jam so it will be the scone - can’t argue with logic like that!

aks120

Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
That looks like a pre ordered Vegan meal rather than the onboard vegetarian option, vegetable spread instead of cream etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.