Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2021, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Enigma368
Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021 until further notice.
Previous discussion: COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

A reduced service has resumed in all cabins, including steel cutlery, glassware and chinaware in premium cabins. Choice may be limited in some cabins and on some routes. Some elements may be delivered covered for safety. All meals apart from First are served on single trays. Portion sizes, particularly in Club World, have been significantly reduced compared to pre-Covid.

On BA CityFlyer full service has resumed, with the exception of hot towels and warmed bread in Club Europe. See dedicated wiki thread for full details.

Details of the current service are available on BA.com

Changes from pre-COVID service:

Euro Traveller
  • Buy-on-board M&S menu replaced with pre-order Tom Kerridge menu
  • Complimentary bottle of water and packaged ambient snack offered to all passengers
Club Europe
  • Band 1 now receives the same service as Express (light breakfast > brunch > lunch > afternoon tea > dinner)
  • Band 2 now receives the same service as Bands 3 and 4 (breakfast > rest of the day)
  • Band 3 should still have a drinks run before serving lunch and dinner
  • No hot towels
  • No menus on Band 3 / Band 4 services
  • Dessert served in ceramic dish rather than plastic pot
  • No starter for Express / Band 1 lunch and dinner services
  • No cheese for Band 3 / Band 4 rest of the day services
  • One fewer sandwich for afternoon tea services
  • One type of (warm) bread roll available, wrapped in sealed plastic, served from a basket
World Traveller
  • No roll/butter served with main meal, cheese and crackers also not provided
  • Inflight snack (previously took the form of a Magnum ice cream) and tuck box suspended - replaced with Walkers shortbread o/r from galley.
World Traveller Plus
  • TBC
Club World
  • No hot towels
  • Meals served on one tray at the same time
  • No choice of starter or dessert
  • Portion sizes have been substantially reduced. Starters, cheese and dessert are all served in mini ramekins
First
  • No hot towels
Print Wikipost

Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:48 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by ermis177
Reduced to what? Introduce 'Best of Keto' and serve a cheese plate only?
Following on from Best of British... Best of Bernard Mathew's.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Akoz
Following on from Best of British... Best of Bernard Mathew's.
Bootiful

As for the Keto option, I would be happy with that.
The ploughman's on CE flights a while wasn't too far off that and was one of the better food options in recent times.
ENTP likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 2:19 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xenole
Bootiful

As for the Keto option, I would be happy with that.
The ploughman's on CE flights a while wasn't too far off that and was one of the better food options in recent times.
I agree. Sadly fats and proteins are dearer than cheap ambient carbs
Old Dec 25, 2021, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
LHR-VLC (Band 3)
VLC-LHR (Band 3)
Club Europe
Rest of the Day
October 2021

Yes, those hot main courses are burnt to a cinder. All three options were the same outbound and inbound. For full details, see my trip report: A Valencian Vista: The Ghost of British Midland International
Old Dec 25, 2021, 1:30 pm

WTH is that first one? And where's Hiddy when you need him?

rb211.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 2:32 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by RB211
WTH is that first one? And where's Hiddy when you need him?

rb211.
Sausage and mash. According to BA ‘ best of British menus’. I am not sure why you need Hiddy. I am sure he will comment soon with the usual comments...
Old Dec 25, 2021, 2:52 pm

Sausage and mash. According to BA ‘ best of British menus’. I am not sure why you need Hiddy. I am sure he will comment soon with the usual comments...
I believe he has extensive experience with incorrectly cooked BA sausages. But I could be wrong!

rb211.
Genius1 and mrow like this.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 3:00 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Pot, kettle, black … ?
Old Dec 25, 2021, 3:42 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Pot, kettle, black … ?
I am not a big fan of tea so probably the BAs version of afternoon tea aka scone only
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1
LHR-VLC (Band 3)
VLC-LHR (Band 3)
Club Europe
Rest of the Day
October 2021

Yes, those hot main courses are burnt to a cinder. All three options were the same outbound and inbound. For full details, see my trip report: A Valencian Vista: The Ghost of British Midland International
Burnt or not, that gravy has never been anywhere near the veg, if you can call it gravy.

Just wow.
NoY, Genius1, chrism20 and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This morning’s BA207 to Miami in F

Carfield likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 2:59 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
This morning’s BA207 to Miami in F

The burrata is nice but not exactly a healthy choice. The rest I won’t comment on.

I’ve just ordered a special meal for tomorrow if this is still the menu. May consider picking up an Itsu or F&M or something…
Old Dec 27, 2021, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
The burrata is nice but not exactly a healthy choice. The rest I won’t comment on.

I’ve just ordered a special meal for tomorrow if this is still the menu. May consider picking up an Itsu or F&M or something…
Hi

Itsu had a good selection and was tast ( had a small sushi selection for a starter for my CW flight to DXB and had some left over for the starter for the 2nd light meal) Price was reasonable at GBP 7 or so

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 27, 2021, 6:22 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation

Frankly, I think that the menu is a downright disgrace. It reads like a Works Get-Together and may go down a treat in some canteen reeking of boiling cauliflower. There is nothing on there that is First in my opinion and anyone who upgrades or pays good money for this rubbish would be extremely disappointed. Ghastly.

Someone needs to get a grip of the catering in a big way - I hope that people are moaning like wet drains.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Frankly, I think that the menu is a downright disgrace. It reads like a Works Get-Together and may go down a treat in some canteen reeking of boiling cauliflower. There is nothing on there that is First in my opinion and anyone who upgrades or pays good money for this rubbish would be extremely disappointed. Ghastly.

Someone needs to get a grip of the catering in a big way - I hope that people are moaning like wet drains.
Couldn’t agree more. I’m off to LAX this week in F and none of this menu appeals. I already complained about the rubbish food on the inbound sector in November (along with lack of wash bags and sleeper suits in F).

I may also try rolling the dice with a special meal in this case. Doubt it could be any worse…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.