Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2021, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Enigma368
Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021 until further notice.
Previous discussion: COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

A reduced service has resumed in all cabins, including steel cutlery, glassware and chinaware in premium cabins. Choice may be limited in some cabins and on some routes. Some elements may be delivered covered for safety. All meals apart from First are served on single trays. Portion sizes, particularly in Club World, have been significantly reduced compared to pre-Covid.

On BA CityFlyer full service has resumed, with the exception of hot towels and warmed bread in Club Europe. See dedicated wiki thread for full details.

Details of the current service are available on BA.com

Changes from pre-COVID service:

Euro Traveller
  • Buy-on-board M&S menu replaced with pre-order Tom Kerridge menu
  • Complimentary bottle of water and packaged ambient snack offered to all passengers
Club Europe
  • Band 1 now receives the same service as Express (light breakfast > brunch > lunch > afternoon tea > dinner)
  • Band 2 now receives the same service as Bands 3 and 4 (breakfast > rest of the day)
  • Band 3 should still have a drinks run before serving lunch and dinner
  • No hot towels
  • No menus on Band 3 / Band 4 services
  • Dessert served in ceramic dish rather than plastic pot
  • No starter for Express / Band 1 lunch and dinner services
  • No cheese for Band 3 / Band 4 rest of the day services
  • One fewer sandwich for afternoon tea services
  • One type of (warm) bread roll available, wrapped in sealed plastic, served from a basket
World Traveller
  • No roll/butter served with main meal, cheese and crackers also not provided
  • Inflight snack (previously took the form of a Magnum ice cream) and tuck box suspended - replaced with Walkers shortbread o/r from galley.
World Traveller Plus
  • TBC
Club World
  • No hot towels
  • Meals served on one tray at the same time
  • No choice of starter or dessert
  • Portion sizes have been substantially reduced. Starters, cheese and dessert are all served in mini ramekins
First
  • No hot towels
Print Wikipost

Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2021, 4:53 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Team, what's the latest Menu on BAND 4 CE please. Afternoon and evening flight, which I believe is that same.

I have a LHR-MLA-LHR on 29th Oct and don't fancy two Kosher meals back to back...

Thanks
Old Oct 12, 2021, 6:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Team, what's the latest Menu on BAND 4 CE please. Afternoon and evening flight, which I believe is that same.
ACE last weekend outbound and this weekend inbound was the same Sausage and Mash, Pasta or beetroot Salad both ways.
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 11:42 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club
Hey everyone,

I'm due to fly from Gatwick to Glasgow next month. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas what the vegan breakfast is for domestic CE?

Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2021, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Continental breakfast yesterday morning to Alicante

Old Oct 15, 2021, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
CE Lunchtime flights to and from Faro in the past couple of weeks were pretty similar to each other.
A pathetic starter of a very few lettuce leaves and half a cherry tomato in a small ramekin dish. Choice of 3 main courses, I think the Tom Kerridge chicken pie featured on both flights, the pasta (vegetarian) was tomato penne on the way out and mezza-luna on the way back - the mezza-luna was very good. Dessert was a cold crumble thing with an overpowering cinnamon flavour, which I didn't like. No cheese and biscuits. Warm olive bread roll served on both flights (in its plastic) much better than a cold one. On the way out, the pre-meal drinks run wasn't done, which was disappointing, a couple of drinks runs after the meal. On the way back there was a drinks run before the meal which was great, then more with the meal and afterwards if you wanted.
Didn't notice any drink shortages.
Full - 48 PAX in CE on both trips. Crew worked hard but managed to keep calm and cope with it and were good humoured.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver

I was impressed with this kids meal in CW to ORD. Was essentially the same as the normal meal and I actually thought the starter was better than the one I got. The smily face (I’ve already been chastised for not turning it the right way round) was a nice touch. Definitely too much food for two year olds so I got a lot of extra dinner.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 8:13 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BJ787
ACE last weekend outbound and this weekend inbound was the same Sausage and Mash, Pasta or beetroot Salad both ways.
Thanks, Kosher it is
Old Oct 16, 2021, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
Flew DBV-LHR-IAD yesterday. The chicken pie DBV-LHR was much better than the Baked Chicken in F LHR-IAD. Club Europe food was hot and served promptly. Food in First was overcooked, dry as dust, and took over 2.5 hours from wheels up to on my tray. Oh... it took 1 hour and 15 minutes to even get a drink after takeoff in First. Much better in Club Europe. BA needs to rethink their service standards.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 6:04 pm

LHR-IAD WT+
Pre-flight drink - water or orange juice (when asked, was told the Cava was locked up... uhm).

Main - choice of lamb or pasta... chose the lamb hotpot - actually very good :-)

Afternoon 'tea' - half a sandwich and a kit kat (cabin crew apologised to passenger behind me for the 'covid' catering quantity) - although it was fine for me.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 2:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Flew MAD-LHR with Iberia on Friday.
Starter: Salad (decent portion)
Main: Steak (well cooked, still slightly pink), green beans and potatoes
Dessert: Do&Co chocolate moose

What really impressed me (I'm easily impressed): Iberia had a bread basket! An FA also came around after meal service with a bottle of whiskey and individually wrapped Guylian.

I used to make a point of avoiding Iberia on trips to Madrid pre-COVID but their food service is currently better than BA IMO. Apologies for no picture, I just wanted to post as a comparison.
bafan, Tobias-UK, ENTP and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 2:03 pm

Is there any consensus as to when the pre-Covid Club catering might return? It had got pretty decent before the cutbacks. I wonder if the return of TATL travel will help.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 4:26 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle

Gluten free meal CE LHR-GOT 4th of October.
Something rare as a really tasty gf meal, chicken tikka masala, salad, coconut chocolate mousse and bread roll that was soft and fluffy [very rare for a gluten free bread roll in general].

A lot better than the cold salad with sweet potato that was the gluten-free staple on the route pre-Covid.
haroon145 and PGberkshire like this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Nylon
Is there any consensus as to when the pre-Covid Club catering might return? It had got pretty decent before the cutbacks. I wonder if the return of TATL travel will help.
The danger is that the current offerings could well be the new normal.
becks1 and SxMan like this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 4:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
So here's lunch on LHR - DFW on 22nd September. I appreciate it's a bit late but seeing a couple of comments / photos above reminded me that the salad with my meal came with an extremely generous *half* cherry tomato. Cost-cutting taken to the extreme! The pie wasn't bad - it could have been hotter, but at least it wasn't cremated like the LHR - DFW trip a couple of weeks prior.

At least BA had managed to load their Speedbird beer on this flight. On the previous occasion the only choice was Heineken - and that was after checking both the J and F cabins as well.

The afternoon tea was as posted above, although I think it may have been coronation chicken instead.

How often does the menu change? Having flown on 29th August and again on 22nd September I'd have expected something to have changed - but alas no. The CC seemed mildly amused when I sighed and expressed my faux exasperation at the same meal choices
Carfield likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Geordie405
So here's lunch on LHR - DFW on 22nd September. I appreciate it's a bit late but seeing a couple of comments / photos above reminded me that the salad with my meal came with an extremely generous *half* cherry tomato. Cost-cutting taken to the extreme! The pie wasn't bad - it could have been hotter, but at least it wasn't cremated like the LHR - DFW trip a couple of weeks prior.
Yes, the half cherry tomato is somewhat mean, but at least you had some cucumber with yours (maybe it's an IAD/DFW time/distance difference thing). At least the salad wasn't frozen solid like on the IAD-LHR leg!
Geordie405 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.