Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2021, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Enigma368
Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021 until further notice.
Previous discussion: COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

A reduced service has resumed in all cabins, including steel cutlery, glassware and chinaware in premium cabins. Choice may be limited in some cabins and on some routes. Some elements may be delivered covered for safety. All meals apart from First are served on single trays. Portion sizes, particularly in Club World, have been significantly reduced compared to pre-Covid.

On BA CityFlyer full service has resumed, with the exception of hot towels and warmed bread in Club Europe. See dedicated wiki thread for full details.

Details of the current service are available on BA.com

Changes from pre-COVID service:

Euro Traveller
  • Buy-on-board M&S menu replaced with pre-order Tom Kerridge menu
  • Complimentary bottle of water and packaged ambient snack offered to all passengers
Club Europe
  • Band 1 now receives the same service as Express (light breakfast > brunch > lunch > afternoon tea > dinner)
  • Band 2 now receives the same service as Bands 3 and 4 (breakfast > rest of the day)
  • Band 3 should still have a drinks run before serving lunch and dinner
  • No hot towels
  • No menus on Band 3 / Band 4 services
  • Dessert served in ceramic dish rather than plastic pot
  • No starter for Express / Band 1 lunch and dinner services
  • No cheese for Band 3 / Band 4 rest of the day services
  • One fewer sandwich for afternoon tea services
  • One type of (warm) bread roll available, wrapped in sealed plastic, served from a basket
World Traveller
  • No roll/butter served with main meal, cheese and crackers also not provided
  • Inflight snack (previously took the form of a Magnum ice cream) and tuck box suspended - replaced with Walkers shortbread o/r from galley.
World Traveller Plus
  • TBC
Club World
  • No hot towels
  • Meals served on one tray at the same time
  • No choice of starter or dessert
  • Portion sizes have been substantially reduced. Starters, cheese and dessert are all served in mini ramekins
First
  • No hot towels
Print Wikipost

Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2021, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ermis177
I am a bit offended with your comment. The paninis were much better than this cheese on toast...
But the 2017 paninis didn't have a spludge of artisan chutney on the side.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

As I'm not a salady person , I'm seriously thinking of getting a small sushi platter from Itsu before boarding my DXB flight at the end of the month.

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 7, 2021, 1:03 pm

Programs: EK Skywards Gold; BAEC Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Mits10
…and this is what was provided! I’d prefer a small breakfast and a normal lunch on this flight, as I had a real breakfast in GF, but have just now landed in JFK hungry.

My first time on this flight…I’m better off with the 9.45am / 11.20am flights I think!

I just hope that this is not what is on BA1 tomorrow morning!
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 1:14 pm

With the US opening tomorrow and probably the quantity of people flying across the Atlantic drastically increasing and people paying too dollar I would imagine it will be complaints galore !
haroon145 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mits10
I just hope that this is not what is on BA1 tomorrow morning!
I have a feeling the logistical / storage and Covid issues will not apply to BA1.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 3:42 pm

A350 not a lot of gallery room on that bird 🤷
Old Nov 7, 2021, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by Speedbirdjclass
With the US opening tomorrow and probably the quantity of people flying across the Atlantic drastically increasing and people paying too dollar I would imagine it will be complaints galore !
Whereas one can argue about the content all day long,the biggest issue I have is the lack of choice. I wish they would return the the 'CW Classic' where main meals were choice of 2 starters, (usually boring)side salad with dressing, choice of 4 mains (one of which was usually an upscaled salad with eg prawns or chicken), pudding or cheese and chocolates. I know people used to moan about the pudding OR cheese but in practice there was never a problem getting both. Now it looks like they're trying to fob us off with what looks like a very boring salad, choice of 3 mains of which 1 is seemingly always pasta, pudding AND a mimsy serving of cheese....all on one tray. If you want salad and pasta just pre-order a Veg Meal.

Second meal is now basically a kick in the teeth - got to love the imagination the went into the packet of crisps.

Sound like the Club Kitchen is pretty much a goner unless you like Cadbury chocolate.

Actually, when you pan out, it looks like they've really stripped out any vestige of 'upmarket' or 'luxury'. You can't even argue that most of this is super healthy either.

Pre-Covid CW breakfast flights were always pretty grim - I think now the SOP would be to get a full English at the hotel/airport first and then self-cater from the terminal. Are Plane Foods still doing their 'hampers' in T5?

And some of the fares they're charging are eye-wateringly high....so, yeah, I can imagine people will be underwhelmed especially if they're in clapped-out old CW seating as opposed to CS.

Yes, I got the COVID argument, but I think you'll find most of the rest of the world has returned to normality now.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 12:07 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
With experience from yesterday's BA717 ZRH-LHR flight, Band 2 is back to old timings with brunch and afternoon tea. I had pre-ordered a KSML (no photo unfortunately) and received small portions of a curried chicken wrap, a poultry (chicken? turkey?) sandwich, a macaron and a tiny lemon tart. There was also a petit Kosher scone with jam and dairy-free cream. The cabin crew offered to unwrap the meal so they could warm the scone. I said yes (I am not Jewish and don't keep Kosher), but the scone looked very sad when it got to me and they offered me a regular one as well.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR
With experience from yesterday's BA717 ZRH-LHR flight, Band 2 is back to old timings with brunch and afternoon tea. I had pre-ordered a KSML (no photo unfortunately) and received small portions of a curried chicken wrap, a poultry (chicken? turkey?) sandwich, a macaron and a tiny lemon tart. There was also a petit Kosher scone with jam and dairy-free cream. The cabin crew offered to unwrap the meal so they could warm the scone. I said yes (I am not Jewish and don't keep Kosher), but the scone looked very sad when it got to me and they offered me a regular one as well.
Unless I'm mistaken, ZRH was band 1 in the pre-covid 5 band system, not band 2, so afternoon tea similar to express would be correct here.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
I have a feeling the logistical / storage and Covid issues will not apply to BA1.
Or at least not for a certain S. Doyle who I believe will be travelling on that flight.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Talking

Originally Posted by SamYeager
Or at least not for a certain S. Doyle who I believe will be travelling on that flight.
Hope he played it safe and had a good breakfast in the works canteen before he left...
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 9:20 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR
The cabin crew offered to unwrap the meal so they could warm the scone. I said yes (I am not Jewish and don't keep Kosher), but the scone looked very sad when it got to me and they offered me a regular one as well.
I ordered my first KSML meal last week and the CC offered to unwrap it. I said yes but something must have been missed as it was served in the packaging. My gosh! How much packaging! I understand the religious reasons so no complaints from me, but it was like playing giant Jenga with with lids, dishes, etc.
KARFA and becks1 like this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 11:48 am

Any idea what meal to expect in Club on a GLA from LHR tonight? Trying to decide what to have prior
Old Nov 8, 2021, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by DynamicPulse
Any idea what meal to expect in Club on a GLA from LHR tonight? Trying to decide what to have prior

Hi,

I suspect one of the options will be like this ( september evening )

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33543472-post684.html

Regards

TBS

Adequate for a snack ( esp if you can get something in the lounge) but if needing a meal maybe grab something beforehand
Old Nov 8, 2021, 12:45 pm

Does anyone know what meals I can expect in CW on the BA275 to LAS? Departing at 16:10 am I likely to get an evening meal and a hot snack?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.