Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2021, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Enigma368
Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021 until further notice.
Previous discussion: COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

A reduced service has resumed in all cabins, including steel cutlery, glassware and chinaware in premium cabins. Choice may be limited in some cabins and on some routes. Some elements may be delivered covered for safety. All meals apart from First are served on single trays. Portion sizes, particularly in Club World, have been significantly reduced compared to pre-Covid.

On BA CityFlyer full service has resumed, with the exception of hot towels and warmed bread in Club Europe. See dedicated wiki thread for full details.

Details of the current service are available on BA.com

Changes from pre-COVID service:

Euro Traveller
  • Buy-on-board M&S menu replaced with pre-order Tom Kerridge menu
  • Complimentary bottle of water and packaged ambient snack offered to all passengers
Club Europe
  • Band 1 now receives the same service as Express (light breakfast > brunch > lunch > afternoon tea > dinner)
  • Band 2 now receives the same service as Bands 3 and 4 (breakfast > rest of the day)
  • Band 3 should still have a drinks run before serving lunch and dinner
  • No hot towels
  • No menus on Band 3 / Band 4 services
  • Dessert served in ceramic dish rather than plastic pot
  • No starter for Express / Band 1 lunch and dinner services
  • No cheese for Band 3 / Band 4 rest of the day services
  • One fewer sandwich for afternoon tea services
  • One type of (warm) bread roll available, wrapped in sealed plastic, served from a basket
World Traveller
  • No roll/butter served with main meal, cheese and crackers also not provided
  • Inflight snack (previously took the form of a Magnum ice cream) and tuck box suspended - replaced with Walkers shortbread o/r from galley.
World Traveller Plus
  • TBC
Club World
  • No hot towels
  • Meals served on one tray at the same time
  • No choice of starter or dessert
  • Portion sizes have been substantially reduced. Starters, cheese and dessert are all served in mini ramekins
First
  • No hot towels
Print Wikipost

Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2022, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Does selecting a special meal still exclude you from an ebbing considered for an OpUp?
No, this was changed quite a while ago. You will be expected to accept your special meal from the previous cabin though, since it will still have been loaded there specifically for you.
Old May 14, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by flybymonkey
Go for the lacto ovo vegetarian. This is basically one level above a vegan - Jain cuisine which stems from India.
Jain vegetarianism - Wikipedia
Thanks. I decided to take a chance with Asian Vegetarian instead, after realizing the Lacto ovo vegetarian could end up being pasta of some sort with cheese, which doesn't sound good for an in-flight meal.

Originally Posted by Schwann
As a flexitarian you'll enjoy the surprise of seeing whether you get your special meal or not. I think there is another member on this board who is on 3/3 occasions for his special meal not being loaded.
I'm prepared for any type of surprise, which explains the snack options I'm packing from home.
flybymonkey likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 4:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
I've now flown the itinerary mentioned in the previous post, and the Asian Vegetarian option wasn't bad at all. The surprise to me was that it was Indian-style Asian. I'd expected Far East Asian, either Chinese or Japanese, since that's usually what I think of, in Seattle nomenclature. All good though. The best result of pre-ordering any special meal, of course, is that you are served before the standard meals. I was done eating before the people next to me even got theirs, even in the first row of World Traveller.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.