Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Latest official update, posted by BA refund helper on 16 August (post no 579)

Historic wiki updates:
There seems to be some confusion over the ‘vouchers’ for future travel so here is some clarity in the hope it proves helpful to others.

The ‘voucher number’ will be the customer’s existing ticket number. The process is no different to putting a booking on hold for medical reasons and the existing booking will be reused for future travel, with the ticket reissued following payment of any difference in fare. This is why it takes so long to receive confirmation as someone has to manually go into each booking (as you’ll imagine there are a lot!), remove the live flights, hold in a ghost flight and send the confirmation email to the customer. It is not an eVoucher that you would enter into ba.com for a discount off a brand new booking and new travel arrangements should NOT be made in this way.

Similarly, customers should NOT cancel their own bookings at any point in the voucher process. This will invalidate any eligibility for the voucher and process a fare rules refund.

When ready to rebook (and once the lines are a lot quieter!) customers will need to call to be rebooked as there is no facility to do this online at all and anything done online in this manner will be at the customer’s own expense since you won't be able to deploy the eVoucher's funds. The voucher is valid for travel completed (both outbound and inbound) by 30th April 2021.

There is no telephone service charge for using the eVoucher, you have to call up, but you won't have to pay an extra fee to make the booking in this scenario.
Print Wikipost

Rebooking with e-voucher

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2020, 9:04 am

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
this is just the initial bot. yes the information requested is standard from BA.

are you just chasing a voucher? if so have you used the qantas method linked to at the bottom of the wiki in this thread? Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Thanks

Yes just trying to chase up my voucher.

Tried the Qantas method and can see I have a trip to Mt Jollie. So I assume the voucher is ready to use and I can just call the call centre when I am ready.

I cannot see a value on the Qantas website - unless I am missing something? Originally I paid £111.94 net after using 5,500 avios worth £40. So can I assume when I call BA to book something they will recognise my voucher should be worth £151.94 (£111.94 + £40)?
Old Apr 30, 2020, 9:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie
Thanks

Yes just trying to chase up my voucher.

Tried the Qantas method and can see I have a trip to Mt Jollie. So I assume the voucher is ready to use and I can just call the call centre when I am ready.

I cannot see a value on the Qantas website - unless I am missing something? Originally I paid £111.94 net after using 5,500 avios worth £40. So can I assume when I call BA to book something they will recognise my voucher should be worth £151.94 (£111.94 + £40)?
The value isn't shown on QF or on the email from BA when they send it.

For a part pay with avios booking like yours the voucher value is the cash price before you reduced it with avios - so it will be £151.94. Effectively the avios have been converted back to the cash value.
FlyingWelshie likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by 13901
I get that... to a point.

Ryanair set up a voucher system done 100% on-line for cancelled flights, usable on-line, with no issues. Cancelling, obtaining a voucher and rebooking for another flight took about 30 minutes of my time and approximately 2 weeks' wait. In BA's case it took me at least 12 phone calls to do exactly the same and yet the flights aren't visible on MMB. As the last person whom I called said, "it's a fault on their part and somebody will fix it before I fly".
Ryanair has its own booking system, controlled and owned completely by them, that doesn’t have to inter-operate with any other airlines or conform to any IATA standards. If they were ruled by Amadeus too, I can imagine they’d also have had problems. Similarly, I don’t think their back-office is primarily India-based and banned from going to work (though ICBW here). I’m not excusing BA, but have a fair bit of sympathy given what they were going through at the time. It’s easy for all of us to say we’d have behaved differently in the same circumstances, but I’m not actually sure I would have.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie
I am looking at the contact Executive Club and can only find a telephone number and address. Is there an email contact?
FlyingWelshie, I pulled up the email I received from BA saying I would receive my voucher within seven days and just hit reply then typed my question. That way they could see their email as well. It took about a week for them to reply.
FlyingWelshie likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 2:18 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
For a part pay with avios booking like yours the voucher value is the cash price before you reduced it with avios - so it will be £151.94. Effectively the avios have been converted back to the cash value.
I thought that was the case too, but elsewhere Hawk777 has confirmed that actually it is kept as it was, namely cash + Avios. It's a pedantic point since it should buy the same amount of travel either way.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 2:43 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I thought that was the case too, but elsewhere Hawk777 has confirmed that actually it is kept as it was, namely cash + Avios. It's a pedantic point since it should buy the same amount of travel either way.
Ah ok, I thought I had seen some posts from our insiders saying that but I accept I may be wrong. As you say, doesn't really matter in the end.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Ah ok, I thought I had seen some posts from our insiders saying that but I accept I may be wrong. As you say, doesn't really matter in the end.
I also thought this was the case based upon these posts and others (relating to part payment):
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32231154-post1001.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32231775-post1011.html

But a few days ago Hawk777 said that avios remain on the voucher but any cash used as part payment is refunded to the method of payment:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32312455-post12.html
KARFA likes this.
Old May 1, 2020, 2:29 am

Phoned up this morning to rebook a flight using the voucher. Giot through on 3rd attempt. Bit long winded but man says the flight has been sorted but had to be transferred elsewhere to issue new eticket. Does anyone have any idea how long this will take before flight appears on my bookings?
Old May 1, 2020, 2:39 am

Programs: BA GfL
All, I would like to submit a question to the Forum's collective experience - I've tried searching the various threads but haven't been able to find anything relevant.

I had a return (ABZ > LHR > MAD) on 28th April; the original flights were cancelled (on 1st April) and the rebooking options were no use, so I requested a voucher. Now, four weeks after submission I received an email from BA, saying:

"We have received your Future Travel Voucher application, unfortunately, your booking is not eligible for a voucher as you have already started your journey.

We have however updated your reservation accordingly, keeping the remaining part of your ticket open for future use."

However when I go into my account the booking no longer shows up as 'Upcoming'. (Also the proposed rebooked flights were all cancelled.)

I know this will require a call to BA, but before I join the phone queue (and I don't really need to call now, as I don't plan to return yet), has anyone seen this type of message?

Thanks.
Old May 1, 2020, 11:46 am

Its this simple for part pay Avios bookings. If your booking was a flight that cost £150 and you paid £100 and used Avios to cover the other £50 the Voucher carries the value of £150.

However if you didnt apply for voucher and the flight was cancelled and you ask for a refund, you would get the £100 refunded along with the Avios.
Old May 1, 2020, 11:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Lost-in-Space
I know this will require a call to BA, but before I join the phone queue (and I don't really need to call now, as I don't plan to return yet), has anyone seen this type of message?
There has been at least one other post which suggested this has happened, so the system had you down as a no-show or having travelled. If you didn't take any parts of the trip then you can assume it's a glitch, and yes at some point you need to call in to get this resolved.
Old May 1, 2020, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Sam Lewis
Phoned up this morning to rebook a flight using the voucher. Giot through on 3rd attempt. Bit long winded but man says the flight has been sorted but had to be transferred elsewhere to issue new eticket. Does anyone have any idea how long this will take before flight appears on my bookings?
Sounds like it has gone to the back office, which is UK based luckily. So 2 or 3 weeks I guess, hopefully less. It may be the Qantas method will show a bit more.
Old May 1, 2020, 1:10 pm

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Seems like vouchers now have a new expiry date; my April 30th flight had an evoucher, and I just got a mail to say it's valid until April 30th 2022.
Old May 1, 2020, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL
Seems like vouchers now have a new expiry date; my April 30th flight had an evoucher, and I just got a mail to say it's valid until April 30th 2022.
Yes, Hawk777 announced this a couple of days ago:
Update on book with confidence vouchers
Also at ba.com:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...st-information
Old May 1, 2020, 2:29 pm

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Maybe it takes a couple of days for the mailer to reach W....I literally got it 60 seconds before I posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.