Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Latest official update, posted by BA refund helper on 16 August (post no 579)

Historic wiki updates:
There seems to be some confusion over the ‘vouchers’ for future travel so here is some clarity in the hope it proves helpful to others.

The ‘voucher number’ will be the customer’s existing ticket number. The process is no different to putting a booking on hold for medical reasons and the existing booking will be reused for future travel, with the ticket reissued following payment of any difference in fare. This is why it takes so long to receive confirmation as someone has to manually go into each booking (as you’ll imagine there are a lot!), remove the live flights, hold in a ghost flight and send the confirmation email to the customer. It is not an eVoucher that you would enter into ba.com for a discount off a brand new booking and new travel arrangements should NOT be made in this way.

Similarly, customers should NOT cancel their own bookings at any point in the voucher process. This will invalidate any eligibility for the voucher and process a fare rules refund.

When ready to rebook (and once the lines are a lot quieter!) customers will need to call to be rebooked as there is no facility to do this online at all and anything done online in this manner will be at the customer’s own expense since you won't be able to deploy the eVoucher's funds. The voucher is valid for travel completed (both outbound and inbound) by 30th April 2021.

There is no telephone service charge for using the eVoucher, you have to call up, but you won't have to pay an extra fee to make the booking in this scenario.
Print Wikipost

Rebooking with e-voucher

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2020, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Anonba
Hi if you are rebooking a hotline flight booking when you rebook via phone any new flights would be quoted as hotline pricing too.

Just because its a hotline booking theres no need for you to miss out just call to rebook!
Hi. Does the new booking have to be the same route?
Old May 31, 2020, 4:12 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Hi. Does the new booking have to be the same route?
Nope! Can be put towards any flight/route.
Old May 31, 2020, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by londonba2014
Nope! Can be put towards any flight/route.
I should have been a little clearer. I was asking about hotline fares and if the new booking could be quoted as a hotline fare if it was a different route. If your answer still applies, that's great thanks.
Old May 31, 2020, 5:06 pm

I should have been a little clearer. I was asking about hotline fares and if the new booking could be quoted as a hotline fare if it was a different route. If your answer still applies, that's great thanks.
No it doesnt need to be same route, the flights are just requoted in the same booking.
Old May 31, 2020, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Anonba
No it doesnt need to be same route, the flights are just requoted in the same booking.
Thanks for your reply. So, if for example I originally had a NCL LHR hotline, I could use my FTV towards a long haul booking and the new fare is still quoted as a hotline? Apologies, just want to be clear.
Anonba likes this.
Old May 31, 2020, 6:27 pm

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
Been trying every couple hours today to book using at least one of multiple my evouchers. doesn't seem to work online yet.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 1:54 am

Thanks for your reply. So, if for example I originally had a NCL LHR hotline, I could use my FTV towards a long haul booking and the new fare is still quoted as a hotline? Apologies, just want to be clear.
Yes thats exactly how it would work.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 4:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, *A Gold
Is there any way to see the value of a voucher.
I received one for a cancelled flight on the 5th July but the ticket was booked 6 /7 months (avios and money) and I really can't remember what I paid. Would be nice to be able to see the details of this.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by ironmouse
Is there any way to see the value of a voucher.
I received one for a cancelled flight on the 5th July but the ticket was booked 6 /7 months (avios and money) and I really can't remember what I paid. Would be nice to be able to see the details of this.
You can try Qantas MMB, but generally you need to look at the original booking e-mail. If you don't have it, maybe try calling BA.

Can you open the booking using the PNR on BA and re-send the e-mail?
ironmouse likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 4:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes, just to clarify, looking at QF MMB will indicate whether the FTV has been processed. It won't show any value though.

The value of the FTV will be the value of the original booking + any ancillaries (seat fees etc.) but not including any voluntary change fees. You should be able to see this in the original e-ticket you received when you bokoed.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 11:47 am

Anyone got experience of what happens when a booking made using a flight voucher plus cash is cancelled?

Are you then eligible for a cash refund?
Old Jun 2, 2020, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by londonba2014
Anyone got experience of what happens when a booking made using a flight voucher plus cash is cancelled?

Are you then eligible for a cash refund?
I don't have a definitive answer, but I don't see why you wouldn't. The monies/Avios paid were just held on a voucher for future use, so in theory it shouldn't change the ability to get a refund after BA cancellation.

​​​
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 1:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Got my voucher by email within 5 minutes of submitting the request. However, it would help if the email told you what the value of the voucher was
Old Jun 3, 2020, 1:07 am

I don't have a definitive answer, but I don't see why you wouldn't. The monies/Avios paid were just held on a voucher for future use, so in theory it shouldn't change the ability to get a refund after BA cancellation.

​​​
Update.. you retain the voucher - does seem cheeky..
Old Jun 3, 2020, 4:47 am

Programs: BA silver,
Originally Posted by KARFA

The value of the FTV will be the value of the original booking + any ancillaries (seat fees etc.) but not including any voluntary change fees..
A POUG is a voluntary change so is that not refunded in the voucher or cash?? If this is the case probably best to try and relate the booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.