Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Latest official update, posted by BA refund helper on 16 August (post no 579)

Historic wiki updates:
There seems to be some confusion over the ‘vouchers’ for future travel so here is some clarity in the hope it proves helpful to others.

The ‘voucher number’ will be the customer’s existing ticket number. The process is no different to putting a booking on hold for medical reasons and the existing booking will be reused for future travel, with the ticket reissued following payment of any difference in fare. This is why it takes so long to receive confirmation as someone has to manually go into each booking (as you’ll imagine there are a lot!), remove the live flights, hold in a ghost flight and send the confirmation email to the customer. It is not an eVoucher that you would enter into ba.com for a discount off a brand new booking and new travel arrangements should NOT be made in this way.

Similarly, customers should NOT cancel their own bookings at any point in the voucher process. This will invalidate any eligibility for the voucher and process a fare rules refund.

When ready to rebook (and once the lines are a lot quieter!) customers will need to call to be rebooked as there is no facility to do this online at all and anything done online in this manner will be at the customer’s own expense since you won't be able to deploy the eVoucher's funds. The voucher is valid for travel completed (both outbound and inbound) by 30th April 2021.

There is no telephone service charge for using the eVoucher, you have to call up, but you won't have to pay an extra fee to make the booking in this scenario.
Print Wikipost

Rebooking with e-voucher

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus
Rebooking with e-voucher

I have 2 separate flights coming up which I don't want to take because of corona virus. I understand I can cancel and get refund as an e-voucher which can be used in the next 12 months.

With 2 flights I would get 2 vouchers. When it comes to booking new flights, can I use both vouchers towards a single flight or is there only one allowed per booking?
Chrissmitharundel likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:46 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Online it's only one voucher per booking, but you don't have to use all the booking up in one go, anything unspent on the eVoucher can be used in the next booking. I think that contact centres can add several eVouchers to one booking. If you have a number of future bookings it's get easy since you can just patch one at a time online and then use the residual amount in a mixed eVoucher and credit card booking.
MiraculousM and RailFan like this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Despite the recent messaging from BA leadership about the dire situation and cut backs required, I'm guessing we fully expect BA to survive this situation and to come out of the other side.

I'd imagine vouchers, as opposed to refunding cash helps their current position, however if they weren't to survive a voucher wouldn't be much use.....
RailFan likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:43 pm

So we can use the vouchers through the website instead of calling up? I ended canceling a NCE trip but I was thinking about an EDI trip (domestic so lower chance of it falling apart + never been to Scotland). I didn't want to call when they're no doubt up the wall with calls.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:29 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
I assume the evouchers can be used for taxes and fee's on mileage bookings?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:32 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
I assume the evouchers can be used for taxes and fee's on mileage bookings?
yes this is my understanding. Not sure what happens to GUF2/2FOR1 vouchers etc though?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tom139
yes this is my understanding. Not sure what happens to GUF2/2FOR1 vouchers etc though?
Yes they can be used for taxes and inconjunction with GUFs and 2-4-1. It's on another screen anyway, the selection for GUF/vouchers comes before you get to eVouchers since it needs a fare showing, then after entering the eVoucher number the fare comes down.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Does anyone know if the vouchers can be used to chip away at the balance on an existing BA holidays booking? I seem to remember that in the past they have issued flight-only vouchers and holidays vouchers separately, so I’m guessing cancelled holiday vouchers and be used in future holiday bookings and flight vouchers on flights?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:04 am

Yes, they can be used interchangeably. In some circumstances you may need to call up, but many of the payment forms have the eVoucher box.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:48 am

Hi. I'm currently booked LHR MIA 07 May, so I'm looking at waiting to see if the flights cancel. If they don't nearer the time I'll get an e-voucher. If I go for the voucher option what are the latest travel dates I can book? For example, do I have to travel outbound AND return within the 12 months of the original outbound travel date, or is it just the outbound that matters and then the return be anytime you like in line with the rules of the ticket being purchased? Thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:54 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Thanks, CWS.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Is the voucher system capable of managing a cash booking that has been upgraded using Avios?

I committed a substantial number of Avios to upgrade both legs of a booking to CW and do not want to risk losing them.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Hi. I'm currently booked LHR MIA 07 May, so I'm looking at waiting to see if the flights cancel. If they don't nearer the time I'll get an e-voucher. If I go for the voucher option what are the latest travel dates I can book? For example, do I have to travel outbound AND return within the 12 months of the original outbound travel date, or is it just the outbound that matters and then the return be anytime you like in line with the rules of the ticket being purchased? Thanks.
It states on ba.com - so all new flights must be witihin 12 months of the first flight on your existing booking

Voucher can be used as part payment towards a future booking. It must be redeemed for travel on flights taken within 12 months from the departure date of the first flight in your original booking
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
... I think that contact centres can add several eVouchers to one booking.....
Thanks CWS. I have two additional questions:

If you rebook with a voucher and then need to cancel the new one (e.g. the travel ban is extended) do you get the voucher back (or another) to be able to move again?

Also, for the flight next week that I was going to cancel, well that was to the states so i would have thought due to the travel ban BA would cancel it anyway - but they haven't done as yet. As it was booked as flight+car, I have to cancel 48 hours before or more to get a voucher, but if BA cancel I get cash back? I am now wondering what to do - wait until BA cancel to get the cash, running the risk that they don't and I get nothing back, or cancel now getting a voucher only to miss out on cash back tomorrow. I guess my question is, will BA cancel most USA flights (apart from a few for returning US citizens) or will they run them all, empty if necessary, so as not to lose the slots?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:54 am

If you rebook with a voucher and then need to cancel the new one (e.g. the travel ban is extended) do you get the voucher back (or another) to be able to move again? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.