Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Latest official update, posted by BA refund helper on 16 August (post no 579)

Historic wiki updates:
There seems to be some confusion over the ‘vouchers’ for future travel so here is some clarity in the hope it proves helpful to others.

The ‘voucher number’ will be the customer’s existing ticket number. The process is no different to putting a booking on hold for medical reasons and the existing booking will be reused for future travel, with the ticket reissued following payment of any difference in fare. This is why it takes so long to receive confirmation as someone has to manually go into each booking (as you’ll imagine there are a lot!), remove the live flights, hold in a ghost flight and send the confirmation email to the customer. It is not an eVoucher that you would enter into ba.com for a discount off a brand new booking and new travel arrangements should NOT be made in this way.

Similarly, customers should NOT cancel their own bookings at any point in the voucher process. This will invalidate any eligibility for the voucher and process a fare rules refund.

When ready to rebook (and once the lines are a lot quieter!) customers will need to call to be rebooked as there is no facility to do this online at all and anything done online in this manner will be at the customer’s own expense since you won't be able to deploy the eVoucher's funds. The voucher is valid for travel completed (both outbound and inbound) by 30th April 2021.

There is no telephone service charge for using the eVoucher, you have to call up, but you won't have to pay an extra fee to make the booking in this scenario.
Print Wikipost

Rebooking with e-voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2020, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by londonba2014
Update.. you retain the voucher - does seem cheeky..
Hmmm. Seems a little unreasonable. Then again I guess from their perspective, once you have a voucher you just keep a voucher. I assume they'd have to extend the validity though depending upon when the cancellation occurred.
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by rjhcambs
A POUG is a voluntary change so is that not refunded in the voucher or cash?? If this is the case probably best to try and relate the booking.
POUG are included in the FTV's issued.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 5:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
From the BA travel trade site.

What if the new flight subsequently cancels?

• Standard customer guidelines apply and any unused coupons will be fully refundable to the original form of payment
Old Jun 3, 2020, 5:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
A POUG is a voluntary change so is that not refunded in the voucher or cash?? If this is the case probably best to try and relate the booking.
I know this looks inconsistent, but I believe POUGs are included in the value of the FTV.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 5:08 am

POUGs definitely are included in the FTV - I have one myself.
Anonba likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 6:47 am

Its only change fees and service fees that were part of a voluntary change that wouldnt be carried forward. Fare and tax from a voluntary change is carried forward on voucher
Old Jun 5, 2020, 8:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Apologies if covered upthread.

Just tried to use my FTV against a new 241 booking - agent (who checked) said it couldn't be used since I was the only pax on the original booking, and of course the 241 has two people on it! Bit annoying really since the FTV took so long to come had to pay cash for my flights last week since the FTV (from April) hadn't come through... . :-(

Last edited by CKBA; Jun 5, 2020 at 7:14 pm
Old Jun 5, 2020, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by ironmouse
Is there any way to see the value of a voucher.
I received one for a cancelled flight on the 5th July but the ticket was booked 6 /7 months (avios and money) and I really can't remember what I paid. Would be nice to be able to see the details of this.
Failing all else DM the Twitter team and they will tell you.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 8:02 am

Can someone clarify plz...

If I had a reward flight booked, will I be able to get a voucher?

Yes, you will be able to claim a voucher which can then be used to book another reward flight in the future. Additional Avios, taxes, fees and charges between the existing booking and new booking may be incurred.
So if I had a rewards flight (Avios + cash) booked, could I use voucher only for another rewards flight? Or can it be used for normal cash flight (+avios part payment)?
Old Jun 8, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA
Trying to use a voucher for a future booking online but keep getting an error "Check your eVoucher code and try again"

Any one else having this issue?

(Sorry if this has already been covered!)
Old Jun 8, 2020, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by NL86
Trying to use a voucher for a future booking online but keep getting an error "Check your eVoucher code and try again"

Any one else having this issue?

(Sorry if this has already been covered!)
you can't use them online yet - although they are trying to allow that soon.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Plat
If my FTV booking currency was in SEK, can I use it for a booking in GBP? If not my FTV is useless to me.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 1:44 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by braiden9
If my FTV booking currency was in SEK, can I use it for a booking in GBP? If not my FTV is useless to me.
The FTV is in the booked currency, yes, and if online redemption ever becomes successful then you'd be confined to SEK fares. However my understanding is that you can use SEK FTV against a GBP or USD or whatever point of sale, by calling up. They will apply the IATA daily exchange rate which is usually about as good an exchange rate as you can get. Incidentally you can ring up BA to make SEK point of sale fares payable in GBP etc.
braiden9 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by londonba2014
Update.. you retain the voucher - does seem cheeky..
The same experience here...What if I book a new flight by using the voucher, new flight T&C's allow refund with a fee and I decide to cancel the ticket - They will cash refund or voucher refund or what?
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The FTV is in the booked currency, yes, and if online redemption ever becomes successful then you'd be confined to SEK fares. However my understanding is that you can use SEK FTV against a GBP or USD or whatever point of sale, by calling up. They will apply the IATA daily exchange rate which is usually about as good an exchange rate as you can get. Incidentally you can ring up BA to make SEK point of sale fares payable in GBP etc.
Thanks for the reply! You were right and I was able to make the booking over the phone this morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.