Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Latest official update, posted by BA refund helper on 16 August (post no 579)

Historic wiki updates:
There seems to be some confusion over the ‘vouchers’ for future travel so here is some clarity in the hope it proves helpful to others.

The ‘voucher number’ will be the customer’s existing ticket number. The process is no different to putting a booking on hold for medical reasons and the existing booking will be reused for future travel, with the ticket reissued following payment of any difference in fare. This is why it takes so long to receive confirmation as someone has to manually go into each booking (as you’ll imagine there are a lot!), remove the live flights, hold in a ghost flight and send the confirmation email to the customer. It is not an eVoucher that you would enter into ba.com for a discount off a brand new booking and new travel arrangements should NOT be made in this way.

Similarly, customers should NOT cancel their own bookings at any point in the voucher process. This will invalidate any eligibility for the voucher and process a fare rules refund.

When ready to rebook (and once the lines are a lot quieter!) customers will need to call to be rebooked as there is no facility to do this online at all and anything done online in this manner will be at the customer’s own expense since you won't be able to deploy the eVoucher's funds. The voucher is valid for travel completed (both outbound and inbound) by 30th April 2021.

There is no telephone service charge for using the eVoucher, you have to call up, but you won't have to pay an extra fee to make the booking in this scenario.
Print Wikipost

Rebooking with e-voucher

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2020, 8:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
A useful post from God Save the Points today regarding much improved voucher functionality. I'm aware he doesn't have the greatest fanbase on this forum, but if this is true it is good news for those of us who chose to accept the vouchers.

https://www.godsavethepoints.com/bri...ight-vouchers/

Essentially:
  • You will soon be able to use the voucher online (avoiding the queue on the phone)
  • Up to 3 vouchers can be 'combined'. It's a little unclear on what this actually means, but I assume all 3 can be applied to a single booking.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 8:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TraumaDoc
A useful post from God Save the Points today regarding much improved voucher functionality. I'm aware he doesn't have the greatest fanbase on this forum, but if this is true it is good news for those of us who chose to accept the vouchers.

https://www.godsavethepoints.com/bri...ight-vouchers/

Essentially:
  • You will soon be able to use the voucher online (avoiding the queue on the phone)
  • Up to 3 vouchers can be 'combined'. It's a little unclear on what this actually means, but I assume all 3 can be applied to a single booking.
He is a bit late

The point about combining up to 3 vouchers was mentioned by Hawk777 on here four days ago https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32292849-post188.html
Old Apr 18, 2020, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
3 vouchers into one is a good step, online is even better. These are both good steps if they turn out to be actioned as suggested. I'd still like them to be allowed for POUG, for example, really as BA have had the cash these should be issued in the same manner as a gift voucher for me to in any manner with them.

Still, one step at a time and glad they seem have sought to improve the voucher here, I've got 5 or 6 so the ability to turn that into two trips is a big plus.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 10:41 am

Any idea if BA are converting the already issued future travel vouchers (which are just the original ticket numbers) into standard e-vouchers usable online?
Old Apr 18, 2020, 11:34 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze
Just a quickie (hopefully!) I had a flight that got cancelled with work.
I requested through our work travel agents that a voucher was raised for my trip. If I want to rebook this (the travelled agents can be a lot of faff With to and fro, and they also charge for the privilege!),
if I call BA can I simply quote the ticket number (as the voucher number) to re-book?! It’s an e-ticket if that makes a difference
or should I ask the travel agents for the voucher number?
Old Apr 20, 2020, 2:15 am

I've got a query about the use of these Future travel vouchers that I could not find an answer or a reference points anywhere so far....

- Can I use the FTV to add my wife and kids to the booking? I called BA and they indicated no, but I think I saw someone else mentioning here it might be possible?
- Can I use the FTV in combination with ticker price discounted using Avios (the bit that comes up during the flight purchase process)?
- Can it be used on partner airlines (Qatar), if the flights come up on BA wbesite and are a BA codeshare?
Old Apr 20, 2020, 3:26 am

I've used my vouchers to rebook on flights over the phone. Bit of a faff, but eventually done. However, the bookings show 3 flights including a dummy one in February on a BA89XX flight, instead than 2. The bookings aren't accessible through MMB and cannot be added to my Exec club profile, although I can see them (with three flights incl. the dummy) on CheckMyTrip app. Has anyone else experienced this issue? How did you solve it? It's not super urgent but I guess I'll have to call BA to get it sorted again.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by 13901
I've used my vouchers to rebook on flights over the phone. Bit of a faff, but eventually done. However, the bookings show 3 flights including a dummy one in February on a BA89XX flight, instead than 2. The bookings aren't accessible through MMB and cannot be added to my Exec club profile, although I can see them (with three flights incl. the dummy) on CheckMyTrip app. Has anyone else experienced this issue? How did you solve it? It's not super urgent but I guess I'll have to call BA to get it sorted again.
Yes. The booking needs to be tidied up and a new ticket issued. Once that happens it should look normal and appear on MMB. Having a new ticket issued may take a few days,
13901 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 3:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Smorek
- Can I use the FTV to add my wife and kids to the booking? I called BA and they indicated no, but I think I saw someone else mentioning here it might be possible?
- Can I use the FTV in combination with ticker price discounted using Avios (the bit that comes up during the flight purchase process)?
- Can it be used on partner airlines (Qatar), if the flights come up on BA wbesite and are a BA codeshare?
I thought the first one is possible, so long as you are flying too, the vouchers are not transferable, so you still need to be the lead booked passenger. I think reducing the price with Avios (which I always advise against doing due to the poor value and poor cancellation options) should be possible, but it will perhaps require the agent to submit it to the back office for calculation. You can use the service on Qatar so long as it is a BA marketed codeshare, so your last query would be covered by that, BA.com only shows BA marketed services if there is a BA flight number.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 4:04 am

Yes I think at least there is one common traveller you should be ok.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...=aw.ds#voucher
Does the booking have to be made in your name?

The voucher allows you to make a future booking in the name of the person on the original ticket. If you had multiple bookings each person will receive their own voucher to use. The voucher is non-transferable.

For flight + hotel and flight + car packages, one voucher per booking will be issued. The vouchers are non-transferable but we recognise that some of the original customers may no longer be able to travel - so we ask that the new booking contains at least one of the travellers from the original booking.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes I think at least there is one common traveller you should be ok.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...=aw.ds#voucher
Doesn't this line apply to only Flight + hotel or flight + car packages? I can't see anything for Flight only bookings.

"For flight + hotel and flight + car packages, one voucher per booking will be issued. The vouchers are non-transferable but we recognise that some of the original customers may no longer be able to travel - so we ask that the new booking contains at least one of the travellers from the original booking."
Old Apr 20, 2020, 4:58 am

Doesn't this line apply to only Flight + hotel or flight + car packages? I can't see anything for Flight only bookings.

"For flight + hotel and flight + car packages, one voucher per booking will be issued. The vouchers are non-transferable but we recognise that some of the original customers may no longer be able to travel - so we ask that the new booking contains at least one of the travellers from the original booking."
I also found this too. So maybe you can't add people in which seems ridiculously tight.

Can the credit for future travel be used for other people?
Name changes are not permitted however, the people in the original booking do not need to travel together. Each person in the original booking will have had their own ticket number which can be used jointly or separately against a new booking.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
I also found this too. So maybe you can't add people in which seems ridiculously tight.
Really, really disappointing, as there is nothing I intend to use this voucher for if it's just myself, and we were hoping to use it for a little get away with family.

Do we expect to this be any different once they convert this to an e-voucher as some have been hinting might be happening over the next few weeks?
Old Apr 20, 2020, 5:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

The way I read that is for Holiday bookings you can change the passenger mix, you can take one person out, add someone new in. If it was flight only and you had 3 people on the booking, the new booking also needs the same 3 people given that 3 eVouchers would be issued. However when it comes to you making a new booking, my reading is that while you still need to be a lead passenger, you can nevertheless add someone new into the same booking.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 5:09 am

Do we expect to this be any different once they convert this to an e-voucher as some have been hinting might be happening over the next few weeks?
That is a rumour which I am not sure I really believe tbh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.