Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Latest official update, posted by BA refund helper on 16 August (post no 579)

Historic wiki updates:
There seems to be some confusion over the ‘vouchers’ for future travel so here is some clarity in the hope it proves helpful to others.

The ‘voucher number’ will be the customer’s existing ticket number. The process is no different to putting a booking on hold for medical reasons and the existing booking will be reused for future travel, with the ticket reissued following payment of any difference in fare. This is why it takes so long to receive confirmation as someone has to manually go into each booking (as you’ll imagine there are a lot!), remove the live flights, hold in a ghost flight and send the confirmation email to the customer. It is not an eVoucher that you would enter into ba.com for a discount off a brand new booking and new travel arrangements should NOT be made in this way.

Similarly, customers should NOT cancel their own bookings at any point in the voucher process. This will invalidate any eligibility for the voucher and process a fare rules refund.

When ready to rebook (and once the lines are a lot quieter!) customers will need to call to be rebooked as there is no facility to do this online at all and anything done online in this manner will be at the customer’s own expense since you won't be able to deploy the eVoucher's funds. The voucher is valid for travel completed (both outbound and inbound) by 30th April 2021.

There is no telephone service charge for using the eVoucher, you have to call up, but you won't have to pay an extra fee to make the booking in this scenario.
Print Wikipost

Rebooking with e-voucher

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2020, 2:15 am

I’ve got a voucher for a flight I originally booked as a hotline ticket. Any thoughts on how to book on the phone and get a hotline price and use a voucher?
Old Apr 11, 2020, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD, Star Alliance, HH Gold
Originally Posted by lavar56
I’ve got a voucher for a flight I originally booked as a hotline ticket. Any thoughts on how to book on the phone and get a hotline price and use a voucher?
It isn't at all possible to use a voucher on hotlines, which is why we are trying to avoid the voucher system competely.
Hotlines can only be bought online and vouchers can only be used by phoning.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 4:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Light Travellers
It isn't at all possible to use a voucher on hotlines, which is why we are trying to avoid the voucher system competely.
Hotlines can only be bought online and vouchers can only be used by phoning.
yep unfortunayley no way of combining hopefully this might be sorted but not holding my breath, got a fee hotlines myself so holding off on vouchers hoping for canx
Old Apr 11, 2020, 4:55 am

Programs: British Airways
If we use a voucher to book a flight at the end of May and decide not to travel, can we take another voucher?

Can you use multiple vouchers in one booking?
Old Apr 11, 2020, 5:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CharlesWindsorClive1964
If we use a voucher to book a flight at the end of May and decide not to travel, can we take another voucher?

Can you use multiple vouchers in one booking?
have a look at post 124 and my post a few up.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 5:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hello all,

Does anyone have any experience with the following...

I booked a flight recently through BA hotline (Staff discounted commercial tickets for those that may not know), and I opted for the voucher. I now know where I want to go and when.

It has however just dawned on me that when I call to rebook they wont quote me the hotline price, but the standard one, I assume.

Has anyone had this experience? Will they book me the hotline fare over the phone?

Any info appreciated. Thanks

Oh and a side note, BA don't seem to send any conformation of your voucher. I only know mine has been processed because I asked when I was calling about a refund for a different flight I asked the agent to check. She said its done and I just need to quote my original booking ref when rebooking. If you have the flight in Check My Trip you will notice a random flight to a random place with the reference VOUCHER, or at least I did. This might be useful info for someone.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 6:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just to your last point I have had email confirmations that my vouchers are ready to use. I got them for all three last week.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 6:05 am

KARFA , I was thinking that surely that must be the case. Good to hear that. Maybe mine is the process of being sent or was just an anomaly.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 6:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Atlantic 101
Hello all,

Does anyone have any experience with the following...

I booked a flight recently through BA hotline (Staff discounted commercial tickets for those that may not know), and I opted for the voucher. I now know where I want to go and when.

It has however just dawned on me that when I call to rebook they wont quote me the hotline price, but the standard one, I assume.

Has anyone had this experience? Will they book me the hotline fare over the phone?

Any info appreciated. Thanks

Oh and a side note, BA don't seem to send any conformation of your voucher. I only know mine has been processed because I asked when I was calling about a refund for a different flight I asked the agent to check. She said its done and I just need to quote my original booking ref when rebooking. If you have the flight in Check My Trip you will notice a random flight to a random place with the reference VOUCHER, or at least I did. This might be useful info for someone.
nope hotline aren't available over the phone only online, and yep the voucher can be only used over the phone, so quite a lot of us with bookings made via hotline hoping for cancellations rather than having to take voucher as won't be as good value if we have the voucher but need to use general commercial price rather than our hotline price

I do know the possibility of using vouchers in general online is being looked at so hold fire as if that happens then I'd imagine they would be useable on hotlines but not expecting anything to happen soon
Old Apr 11, 2020, 6:28 am

Hawk777 Damn! If only i knew this before haha. Oh well, I will go on ba.com and see what the damage is then

Thanks for the info!
Old Apr 11, 2020, 6:50 am

Does anyone know if you can you use the vouchers by phoning to book reward flights.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Hawk777
nope hotline aren't available over the phone only online, and yep the voucher can be only used over the phone, so quite a lot of us with bookings made via hotline hoping for cancellations rather than having to take voucher as won't be as good value if we have the voucher but need to use general commercial price rather than our hotline price

I do know the possibility of using vouchers in general online is being looked at so hold fire as if that happens then I'd imagine they would be useable on hotlines but not expecting anything to happen soon
i have no evidence to suggest these wont be requoted as hotline bookings still just like when we normally change hotline tickets in the contact centre.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 6:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Anonba
i have no evidence to suggest these wont be requoted as hotline bookings still just like when we normally change hotline tickets in the contact centre.
we can change hotline bookings but can't price any hotlines the sysyem doesn't recognise the hotline discount so we can't price them never have been able to

changes are different as it's just standard fare rules that dictate the change prices even on hotlines
Old Apr 11, 2020, 6:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Light Travellers
Does anyone know if you can you use the vouchers by phoning to book reward flights.
if it was originally a reward booking yes
Old Apr 11, 2020, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Hawk777
if it was originally a reward booking yes
No it wasn' a reward flight. It was a hotline booking and had to accept a voucher as the flight wasn't cancelled. Couldn't even change the flight to an acceptable date as booking was made about 9 months earlier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.