Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Latest official update, posted by BA refund helper on 16 August (post no 579)

Historic wiki updates:
There seems to be some confusion over the ‘vouchers’ for future travel so here is some clarity in the hope it proves helpful to others.

The ‘voucher number’ will be the customer’s existing ticket number. The process is no different to putting a booking on hold for medical reasons and the existing booking will be reused for future travel, with the ticket reissued following payment of any difference in fare. This is why it takes so long to receive confirmation as someone has to manually go into each booking (as you’ll imagine there are a lot!), remove the live flights, hold in a ghost flight and send the confirmation email to the customer. It is not an eVoucher that you would enter into ba.com for a discount off a brand new booking and new travel arrangements should NOT be made in this way.

Similarly, customers should NOT cancel their own bookings at any point in the voucher process. This will invalidate any eligibility for the voucher and process a fare rules refund.

When ready to rebook (and once the lines are a lot quieter!) customers will need to call to be rebooked as there is no facility to do this online at all and anything done online in this manner will be at the customer’s own expense since you won't be able to deploy the eVoucher's funds. The voucher is valid for travel completed (both outbound and inbound) by 30th April 2021.

There is no telephone service charge for using the eVoucher, you have to call up, but you won't have to pay an extra fee to make the booking in this scenario.
Print Wikipost

Rebooking with e-voucher

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2020, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The way I read that is for Holiday bookings you can change the passenger mix, you can take one person out, add someone new in. If it was flight only and you had 3 people on the booking, the new booking also needs the same 3 people given that 3 eVouchers would be issued. However when it comes to you making a new booking, my reading is that while you still need to be a lead passenger, you can nevertheless add someone new into the same booking.

I got through to someone a little more knowledgable on the BA Gold line, who was a lot more helpful and here's what I managed to find out.
"You can add people onto an existing booking, but the voucher will not cover their portion of the fee, only your. The remaining difference of the voucher (if not used in full) will be issued back to me as another voucher."

I asked whether we could use it towards a BA Holidays booking, as the QA indicated, and was told that yes that's possible, but again, just for my portion of the price.

Quite disappointed with this as I though we might be able to get a free holidays out of this, but oh well....
Old Apr 20, 2020, 7:24 am

E Voucher Expiry

So, I would have been going to an event flying out on 23rd April - Return 27th April 2020
Is my understand correct that if I ask for a voucher BOTH the outgoing and return flights would need to be completed by 23rd April 2021?
Reason I ask is that, should my event have to move the dates for 2021 are the same weekend - as such I would be flying on the same days of the week. I would go out on the 22nd BUT by the look potentially loose out on the return flight as the voucher would expire the next day.
Unless each flight (Outward and Return) each ran for 12 months?
Apologies if I come across as a bit dim on this but, some clarification would be most appreciated

Last edited by Ironmanracer; Apr 20, 2020 at 7:49 am Reason: bad grammer
Old Apr 20, 2020, 7:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ironmanracer
So, I would have going to an event flying out on 23rd April - Return 27th April.
Is my understand correct that if I ask for a voucher BOTH the outgoing and return flights would need to be completed by 23rd April 2021?
Reason I ask is that should my event have to move the dates for 2021 are the same weekend - flying on the same days of the week I would go out on the 22nd BUT potentially loose out on the return flight as the voucher would expire the next day.
Unless each flight (Outward and Return) each ran for 12 months?
Welcome to FT Ironmanracer!

Yes this seems to be the position, both outbound and inbound flights must be completed within the validity period.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...e=HOME#voucher
​​​​​​​When does the voucher expire?

Voucher can be used as payment, or part payment, for a new future booking. It must be redeemed for travel on flights taken within 12 months from the departure date of the first flight in your original booking, and the new trip (departure and return) must be fully completed within that period.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 7:51 am

Many thanks for that - I suspected as much.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by TraumaDoc
A useful post from God Save the Points today regarding much improved voucher functionality. I'm aware he doesn't have the greatest fanbase on this forum, but if this is true it is good news for those of us who chose to accept the vouchers.

https://www.godsavethepoints.com/bri...ight-vouchers/

Essentially:
  • You will soon be able to use the voucher online (avoiding the queue on the phone)
  • Up to 3 vouchers can be 'combined'. It's a little unclear on what this actually means, but I assume all 3 can be applied to a single booking.
Maybe it's too early to tell, but does anyone know that when the online facility becomes available, will any remaining funds be automatically credited onto a newly issued standard e-voucher valid for 12 months from issue date? My new booking will almost definitely be lower value than the original. Thanks.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 2:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Maybe it's too early to tell, but does anyone know that when the online facility becomes available, will any remaining funds be automatically credited onto a newly issued standard e-voucher valid for 12 months from issue date? My new booking will almost definitely be lower value than the original. Thanks.
no news on the online sysyrem yet there has been talk of it but no dates mentioned yet.

as far as I know any cash bookings with money left on get another voucher we are told that this is a normal voucher for 12 months from it's issue but again no full conformation of that.

If it's Avios reward flights and you have a voucher and the new booking is cheaper then any remaining Avios and any remaining taxes can be refunded to a card if asked for
Old Apr 21, 2020, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by Hawk777
no news on the online sysyrem yet there has been talk of it but no dates mentioned yet.

as far as I know any cash bookings with money left on get another voucher we are told that this is a normal voucher for 12 months from it's issue but again no full conformation of that.

If it's Avios reward flights and you have a voucher and the new booking is cheaper then any remaining Avios and any remaining taxes can be refunded to a card if asked for
In terms of new vouchers issued for the remained if you don't use up the full FTV value there is a report here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32292383-post187.html

It seems the new voucher was also an offline one rather than a standard 125-82.
Hawk777 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Yes, the current e-voucher process will remain the same. Converting all the current ‘vouchers’ to EMDs will be complicated enough, they won’t try to change the processing of actually using them at the same time, that would be foolish.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 5:19 am

Thanks. It gives some flexibility if you get the remaining value on a standard e-voucher, so I'd be quite happy with that.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 2:29 pm

redeeming a voucher

Sorry, I screwed up. Wrong forum.

Last edited by fredman; Apr 22, 2020 at 5:08 pm Reason: I screwed up. Thought I was in the AA threads.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by fredman
I called AA and was told I could book a trip online and THEN call them and they would apply the eVoucher to my trip and they would apply a credit to my credit card.
So I booked online.
Then I called to have them apply the eVoucher and I was told I needed to book my trip ON THE PHONE WITH AN AA AGENT, and they cannot apply my eVoucher now.
SO the Agent said she could cancel the trip, and we could rebook it with her on the phone and apply the voucher.
PROBLEM is, in the span of a few minutes, the cost of the trip had increased enough to almost make the eVoucher worthless ($100).
SO I kept the original booking, and am stuck with a $100 eVoucher that expires in August and probably won't get used.

Anybody have any ideas on how to pursue this?
Is this a BA future travel voucher? How can you use a BA FTV when booking with AA?
Old Apr 22, 2020, 3:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fredman
I called AA and was told I could book a trip online and THEN call them and they would apply the eVoucher to my trip and they would apply a credit to my credit card.
So I booked online.
Then I called to have them apply the eVoucher and I was told I needed to book my trip ON THE PHONE WITH AN AA AGENT, and they cannot apply my eVoucher now.
SO the Agent said she could cancel the trip, and we could rebook it with her on the phone and apply the voucher.
PROBLEM is, in the span of a few minutes, the cost of the trip had increased enough to almost make the eVoucher worthless ($100).
SO I kept the original booking, and am stuck with a $100 eVoucher that expires in August and probably won't get used.

Anybody have any ideas on how to pursue this?
an AA agent told your to book with them then apply a BA Future travel voucher? He was either very confused or didn't understand the question
Old Apr 22, 2020, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Is this a BA future travel voucher? How can you use a BA FTV when booking with AA?
an AA agent told your to book with them then apply a BA Future travel voucher? He was either very confused or didn't understand the question
Sorry, I screwed up. Wrong forum.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 8:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond
Still waiting for my voucher

It’s been over a month since I got an email from BA stating my voucher will be with me in seven days. Still nothing in my inbox. Is this delay common?

I don’t want to hassle the call centre as have no idea when to use the voucher yet
Old Apr 23, 2020, 5:35 am

Quick query regarding FTVs that have a 2-4-1 voucher included. Which expiry date counts? Is it the 12 months FTV or the approx 8 months left on the voucher?
I assume the former?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.