Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Latest official update, posted by BA refund helper on 16 August (post no 579)

Historic wiki updates:
There seems to be some confusion over the ‘vouchers’ for future travel so here is some clarity in the hope it proves helpful to others.

The ‘voucher number’ will be the customer’s existing ticket number. The process is no different to putting a booking on hold for medical reasons and the existing booking will be reused for future travel, with the ticket reissued following payment of any difference in fare. This is why it takes so long to receive confirmation as someone has to manually go into each booking (as you’ll imagine there are a lot!), remove the live flights, hold in a ghost flight and send the confirmation email to the customer. It is not an eVoucher that you would enter into ba.com for a discount off a brand new booking and new travel arrangements should NOT be made in this way.

Similarly, customers should NOT cancel their own bookings at any point in the voucher process. This will invalidate any eligibility for the voucher and process a fare rules refund.

When ready to rebook (and once the lines are a lot quieter!) customers will need to call to be rebooked as there is no facility to do this online at all and anything done online in this manner will be at the customer’s own expense since you won't be able to deploy the eVoucher's funds. The voucher is valid for travel completed (both outbound and inbound) by 30th April 2021.

There is no telephone service charge for using the eVoucher, you have to call up, but you won't have to pay an extra fee to make the booking in this scenario.
Print Wikipost

Rebooking with e-voucher

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2020, 7:41 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
I shared my very convoluted experience in rebooking and using a few FTVs on Turning Left for less today: https://www.turningleftforless.com/r...avel-vouchers/

TL;DR; I was able to combine and split vouchers even across currencies, rebook a lot of flights, and it required a fair amount of work from the GGL team to make it all happen. The article shares a lot more detail about the adventure and fun, almost like a trip report except I didn't get to leave the house.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 8:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by lavar56
Quick query regarding FTVs that have a 2-4-1 voucher included. Which expiry date counts? Is it the 12 months FTV or the approx 8 months left on the voucher?
I assume the former?
12 months in this case.
lavar56 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 8:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie
It’s been over a month since I got an email from BA stating my voucher will be with me in seven days. Still nothing in my inbox. Is this delay common?

I don’t want to hassle the call centre as have no idea when to use the voucher yet
I think the reports upthread and in the Rebook thread says that delays are happening. By all means use the Qantas method shown in the WIki of the Rbook thread to check whether you have it or not, but there are reports of being being able to rebook to new services by simply quoiting the previous booking and taking it from there, though doubtless some will need to go to the back office for fare calculation.
FlyingWelshie likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie
It’s been over a month since I got an email from BA stating my voucher will be with me in seven days. Still nothing in my inbox. Is this delay common?

I don’t want to hassle the call centre as have no idea when to use the voucher yet
I'm in the same position. I received an email on March 18th saying I would receive the voucher within seven days but haven't heard anything since. I sent a reply to that email yesterday asking them for an update. Not holding my breath for a reply. But, if I don't hear back I will be calling them.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 4:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bcla
I'm in the same position. I received an email on March 18th saying I would receive the voucher within seven days but haven't heard anything since. I sent a reply to that email yesterday asking them for an update. Not holding my breath for a reply. But, if I don't hear back I will be calling them.
Don't worry if you haven't received conformation email the "voucher" number is just your old booking ref or your 125 ba ticket number from original booking so you just need to give this in when you call to rebook
Bcla likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Hawk777
Don't worry if you haven't received conformation email the "voucher" number is just your old booking ref or your 125 ba ticket number from original booking so you just need to give this in when you call to rebook
Thank you for the onfo, Hawk777.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 12:59 pm

Thank you for the onfo, Hawk777.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 6:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, NEXUS/GE
There's more to it than this, isn't there? I'm in the same boat as Bcla, got an e-mail from BA well over a month ago saying that I'd have a voucher within seven days but have heard nothing since then. People really aren't receiving any further e-mails confirming the issuance of the voucher, along with the amount available?

I'd also expect that looking at "My eVouchers" on my Executive Club page, I'd see the voucher listed here. And I don't.
Bcla likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by PeaSouper
There's more to it than this, isn't there? I'm in the same boat as Bcla, got an e-mail from BA well over a month ago saying that I'd have a voucher within seven days but have heard nothing since then. People really aren't receiving any further e-mails confirming the issuance of the voucher, along with the amount available?

I'd also expect that looking at "My eVouchers" on my Executive Club page, I'd see the voucher listed here. And I don't.
Look up the PNR using Qantas.com.au MMB and if you see Mount Joli or some other similar random destination, it means the voucher has been issued. It's not an eVoucher, but is held in your original PNR wrapper and the value is per your original booking plus any add-ons inc. POUG etc. if done.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 6:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PeaSouper

I think there is some misunderstanding here.

Emails are going out once vouchers are available. I had emails for all of mine a few weeks back. It does seem some people are either still waiting for the email or the email wasn't sent though. As noted there is the Qantas method for you to check whether the voucher is ready.

The email does not mention the value of the voucher - and yes I agree it would be good if it did. You can determine the value by looking at the original e-ticket email from the booking and adding any subsequently paid sums (UuA, POUG etc.). Here is an example of what the email says:

Booking Reference: XXXXX

Dear KARFA

Thank you for contacting British Airways, please find below your voucher code(s). This is for the value of what you paid for your original flight.

125-XXXXXXXXXX

This voucher can be used as part payment towards a future booking. It must be redeemed for travel on flights taken within 12 months from the date of the first flight in your original booking.

When you wish to make a booking in the future, please phone the British Airways contact centre. They can redeem the voucher against a future booking.

Please visit our website for more information about the voucher and how to use it.

Warm regards,
British Airways Customer Service
These vouchers are not going to appear on your "My eVouchers" list. In that respect they are exactly like the normal customer relations e-vouchers (the ones you can use online) as they don't appear in your "My eVouchers" either.
PUCCI GALORE and Grande Annee like this.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by KARFA
I think there is some misunderstanding here.

Emails are going out once vouchers are available. I had emails for all of mine a few weeks back. It does seem some people are either still waiting for the email or the email wasn't sent though. As noted there is the Qantas method for you to check whether the voucher is ready.

The email does not mention the value of the voucher - and yes I agree it would be good if it did. You can determine the value by looking at the original e-ticket email from the booking and adding any subsequently paid sums (UuA, POUG etc.). Here is an example of what the email says:

These vouchers are not going to appear on your "My eVouchers" list. In that respect they are exactly like the normal customer relations e-vouchers (the ones you can use online) as they don't appear in your "My eVouchers" either.
Just to add if you DM the Twitter team with your 125 'voucher' number they can tell you value and expiry.
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 10:27 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by tuonopepper
Just to add if you DM the Twitter team with your 125 'voucher' number they can tell you value and expiry.
KARFA Thank you both. I think that the whole system is a disgrace. First of all they prefer not to give you your money back - OK that's fair enough. However, they not only should say what the voucher is worth, they should actually make the voucher 20% or so more valuable than the money paid (you pay £100 - they give you a voucher for £120). You'd have the whole of Flyertalk climbing over razor blades to take vouchers. I might add that crumby old Volotea have done exactly that.

What's more you should be able to redeem them online. They've done it before so why not now.

My hairbrush itches for Senor Cruz's toupee.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 11:25 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver
I had a very smooth experience today with rebooking using the voucher. As I had used Avios to upgrade the inbound, I was directed to the Avios option on the phone. A very helpful agent who quickly rebooked the dates I wanted (I had already checked there was award availability as the Avios were retained in the voucher). As the flights were cheaper than the cancelled flight, I decided to pay for CW outbound. As there was an amount to pay, the agent had to check with the ticketing department to get the exact amount. I received a call back within 5 minutes and once I had paid, the flight was on my app within minutes. Overall I was impressed with how it worked. The trip is to Chicago for Thanksgiving and whether it will happen is another debate....
Bcla likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
KARFA Thank you both. I think that the whole system is a disgrace. First of all they prefer not to give you your money back - OK that's fair enough. However, they not only should say what the voucher is worth, they should actually make the voucher 20% or so more valuable than the money paid (you pay £100 - they give you a voucher for £120). You'd have the whole of Flyertalk climbing over razor blades to take vouchers. I might add that crumby old Volotea have done exactly that.

What's more you should be able to redeem them online. They've done it before so why not now.

My hairbrush itches for Senor Cruz's toupee.
the main reason they can't be redeemed online as they aren't actually "vouchers" your original booking it just held as an open ticket for 12 months
haroon145 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 4:24 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
the main reason they can't be redeemed online as they aren't actually "vouchers" your original booking it just held as an open ticket for 12 months
I understand. That is why it is so clunky and clumsy I suppose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.