Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Latest official update, posted by BA refund helper on 16 August (post no 579)

Historic wiki updates:
There seems to be some confusion over the ‘vouchers’ for future travel so here is some clarity in the hope it proves helpful to others.

The ‘voucher number’ will be the customer’s existing ticket number. The process is no different to putting a booking on hold for medical reasons and the existing booking will be reused for future travel, with the ticket reissued following payment of any difference in fare. This is why it takes so long to receive confirmation as someone has to manually go into each booking (as you’ll imagine there are a lot!), remove the live flights, hold in a ghost flight and send the confirmation email to the customer. It is not an eVoucher that you would enter into ba.com for a discount off a brand new booking and new travel arrangements should NOT be made in this way.

Similarly, customers should NOT cancel their own bookings at any point in the voucher process. This will invalidate any eligibility for the voucher and process a fare rules refund.

When ready to rebook (and once the lines are a lot quieter!) customers will need to call to be rebooked as there is no facility to do this online at all and anything done online in this manner will be at the customer’s own expense since you won't be able to deploy the eVoucher's funds. The voucher is valid for travel completed (both outbound and inbound) by 30th April 2021.

There is no telephone service charge for using the eVoucher, you have to call up, but you won't have to pay an extra fee to make the booking in this scenario.
Print Wikipost

Rebooking with e-voucher

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2020, 2:40 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Engineering Travel
Just to confirm, can a voucher be used against an existing BA Holidays booking ie pay off the balance?
We have been told that is OK, you can use it to clear the final settlement. I don't think I've seen any data points confirming this though.
Old May 26, 2020, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
We have been told that is OK, you can use it to clear the final settlement. I don't think I've seen any data points confirming this though.
Unfortunately they cant we’ve been told can only be used for new bookings not to pay balance on existing ones.
Old May 27, 2020, 1:45 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level

Through Twitter, I claimed a voucher and asked to use some of the value to pay of the remainder of a BA Holdays booking reply as below from May 11th..

We're unable to apply the voucher to an existing BA Holidays booking. We appreciate there's an uncertainty as to whether flights will go ahead. If there are any changes, then we'd notify you using your contact details in the booking. The vouchers are for each person.

Could be try a different method to contact BA nearer the payment time,
Old May 27, 2020, 3:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tuonopepper
Got the answer myself... Vouchers not transferable.

I tried to explain they're not being transfered if I'm the lead on the booking and travelling with my family but they were having none of it.

Seems a pretty crappy way to treat your customers who have taken vouchers as a leap faith rather than cash refund to be honest (Don't know why I'm surprised). I also contrast it with Legoland in Denmark who offered a voucher for the full cost of the stay, valid for a full 3 years, can be used in the shop, to book accommodation, to buy tickets as they just send a gift card to the value of the booking.

​​​​​​
uts because you haven't got a voucher your original booking is left open for you to rebook there is no such thing as a voucher despite it being called that you have an open booking for the named person on the ticket
tuonopepper likes this.
Old May 31, 2020, 2:44 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD, Star Alliance, HH Gold
I'm sure this has been noted somewhere on here already but just in case it hasn't you can now use a voucher (ticket number) on line to make a booking.
Old May 31, 2020, 3:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Light Travellers
I'm sure this has been noted somewhere on here already but just in case it hasn't you can now use a voucher (ticket number) on line to make a booking.
I can see the area to put this n is indeed more visible, but have you managed to get this to work for a FTV? I tried it with my one and only FTV and it didn't recognise it.
Old May 31, 2020, 3:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just tried one of mine (an FTV from a simple cash booking) and it doesn't work online. Has anyone actually managed to use it online?

Last I heard this was still being worked on by BA, but not yet implemented.
Old May 31, 2020, 3:17 am

I can see the area to put this n is indeed more visible, but have you managed to get this to work for a FTV? I tried it with my one and only FTV and it didn't recognise it.
No, we hadn't decided on the exact date to make our booking so I didn't go ahead with it.
Looks like my excitement was a little premature.
Old May 31, 2020, 5:49 am

I've just called BA. Online booking using the voucher is supposed to be working properly now, they didn't know there was a problem.
I was advised that anyone that can't make it work needs to call and report it.
Old May 31, 2020, 5:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I've just called BA. Online booking using the voucher is supposed to be working properly now, they didn't know there was a problem.
I was advised that anyone that can't make it work needs to call and report it.
so have you or anyone else actually got it to work online?
Old May 31, 2020, 7:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by KARFA
nope nearly there bit a gremlin is in the system currently being worked on fingers crossed soon and simple fix
Old May 31, 2020, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Not managed ourselves yet.

Originally Posted by Hawk777
nope nearly there bit a gremlin is in the system currently being worked on fingers crossed soon and simple fix
I look forward to the system working particularly as we use hotlines. It will make a big difference to us whether we wait for refund or accept the voucher.
Old May 31, 2020, 11:54 am

Not managed ourselves yet.

I look forward to the system working particularly as we use hotlines. It will make a big difference to us whether we wait for refund or accept the voucher.
Hi if you are rebooking a hotline flight booking when you rebook via phone any new flights would be quoted as hotline pricing too.

Just because its a hotline booking theres no need for you to miss out just call to rebook!
Light Travellers likes this.
Old May 31, 2020, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Anonba
Hi if you are rebooking a hotline flight booking when you rebook via phone any new flights would be quoted as hotline pricing too.

Just because its a hotline booking theres no need for you to miss out just call to rebook!
Thank you. I just prefer to do everything on line if possible and not take up there valuable time by phoning.
But it's good to be reminded that I can call.
Old May 31, 2020, 3:33 pm

Unless something miraculous has happened, you would need to be issued with an actual voucher (EMDS type) for it to be usable online. Therefore it will be obvious when it is enabled, as you’ll receive an email with your new number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.