Update on book with confidence vouchers

Old Apr 28, 2020, 2:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Update on book with confidence vouchers

Now available for people flying up to 31 July no matter when booked.

vouchers valdity now extended to 30 April 2022 all travel must be completed by this date
Old Apr 28, 2020, 3:10 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
It looks to me that existing vouchers have also been extended, though not 100% explicit. If so that’s good news for me at least.

BA emailed directly about this morning about my booking in June. Although I will be waiting to see if it gets cancelled.
Wembleygal likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 3:22 am

June cancellations have started coming through for me this week.

I still have some reservations about taking the voucher route. Extending the date was never the problem.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 3:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lcylocal
It looks to me that existing vouchers have also been extended, though not 100% explicit. If so that’s good news for me at least.

BA emailed directly about this morning about my booking in June. Although I will be waiting to see if it gets cancelled.
yes vouchers already issued also extended
lcylocal likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 4:30 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by 1010101
June cancellations have started coming through for me this week.

I still have some reservations about taking the voucher route. Extending the date was never the problem.
I’ve got refunds for the majority of my past travel and will carry on trying to get them for the bigger items
of my future travel. However I have some vouchers in hand for a flight which did still operate and for some small BA holidays elements. It’s the latter ones that I was wondering If I would be able to use in a year, as I believe they can only be used against new BA Holidays bookings which is more limiting.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 4:36 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
That's good, thanks Hawk. However, vouchers were initially valid for use within 12 months of the original booking - vouchers for flights in June or July will have a much shorter validity. Wouldn't a 12 month validity be a better option and at least allow people to travel over the same dates next year - eg over the same BH weekend or the same school holiday etc? I don't really want to postpone my summer (June) trip to sometime in winter or spring.

Edit: Misread the end date - as noted below. RTFQ!

Last edited by vintagepilot; Apr 28, 2020 at 4:44 am
Old Apr 28, 2020, 4:39 am
dnw

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
That's good, thanks Hawk. However, vouchers were initially valid for use within 12 months of the original booking - vouchers for flights in June or July will have a much shorter validity. Wouldn't a 12 month validity be a better option and at least allow people to travel over the same dates next year - eg over the same BH weekend or the same school holiday etc? I don't really want to postpone my summer (June) trip to sometime in winter or spring.
All vouchers now valid until April 2022
Misco60 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 4:40 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
(Duplicate answer)
Old Apr 28, 2020, 4:42 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Whoops! I take that all back.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Have these been coded into the system for use online yet or are we still going to have to call the helpdesk in order to use them?
Old Apr 28, 2020, 5:18 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by southlondonphil
Have these been coded into the system for use online yet or are we still going to have to call the helpdesk in order to use them?
How do you use a voucher?

Once you receive your voucher via email, call our contact centre and quote the voucher code to use it. Call volumes are extremely high at the moment due to the unprecedented circumstances so please bear with us if it takes some time for us to help with your booking. Thank you for your understanding during these challenging times.
This hasn't changed on their site as of now, so I would say you still have to phone.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Silver
So if a 241 voucher gets wrapped up in a 'book-with-confidence' voucher, does its validity get extended to April 2022 also?
Old Apr 28, 2020, 9:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fruitcage
So if a 241 voucher gets wrapped up in a 'book-with-confidence' voucher, does its validity get extended to April 2022 also?
yes any vouchers are contained in the bwc voucher
fruitcage and AJA_ like this.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Hawk777
yes any vouchers are contained in the bwc voucher
Aaah! Thank you that's an important benefit of taking the BWC voucher vs a cash refund.
Hawk777 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 11:39 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
241s and GUFs are all extended as well, hence why getting the voucher is sometimes good. Unless they go bust of course!

Edit. Already mentioned above.

Edit edit . Also ggl jokers are included.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.