Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2022, 1:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NEMMIE
Hi all! Do the FTV vouchers show up anywhere in your account? TIA
no. both offline FTVs and online evoucher FTVs don’t show anywhere online. You need to keep a note of them somewhere yourself.
NEMMIE likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
no. both offline FTVs and online evoucher FTVs don’t show anywhere online. You need to keep a note of them somewhere yourself.
Thank you for the info. The agent said I would receive an email but it hasn’t arrived.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 1:56 am

Thank you for the info. The agent said I would receive and email but it hasn’t arrived.
you should do within an hour when applying for it online. with one done over the phone it should be the same roughly. when you go on mmb it should show that an FTV has been requested. perhaps leave it a few hours and if nothing comes just submit the form online https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn
Old Mar 2, 2022, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
you should do within an hour when applying for it online. with one done over the phone it should be the same roughly. when you go on mmb it should show that an FTV has been requested. perhaps leave it a few hours and if nothing comes just submit the form online https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn
I spoke to an agent on online chat. The booking has disappeared from “my bookings”
The concerning thing is it was a 2-4-1 voucher and avios booking which I now believe they are refunding rather than issuing FTV’s for yet the agent confirmed multiple times yesterday I would receive a FTV.

Last edited by NEMMIE; Mar 2, 2022 at 2:12 am
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:25 am

I spoke to an agent on online chat. The booking has disappeared from “my bookings”
The concerning thing is it was a 2-4-1 voucher and avios booking which I now believe they are refunding rather than issuing FTV’s for yet the agent confirmed multiple times yesterday I would receive a FTV.
I would expect it to drop off your ‘my bookings’ section because converting to a voucher removes the flights therefore it is no longer a live booking.
NEMMIE likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Just Eat Platinum For Life
Hi all, I need some advice please.

I have a BAH package to the US in 13 days. I had a positive LFT today and am waiting for the PCR test to come (symptoms started on 2 days ago and got progressively worse).

Firstly what are my chances of being able to provide a negative rapid antigen LFT in 12 days time to be able to board my flight and, secondly, if that's looking unlikely will I be able to get a voucher?

Thanks
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by jayjaygee

I have a BAH package to the US in 13 days. I had a positive LFT today and am waiting for the PCR test to come (symptoms started on 2 days ago and got progressively worse).

Firstly what are my chances of being able to provide a negative rapid antigen LFT in 12 days time to be able to board my flight and, secondly, if that's looking unlikely will I be able to get a voucher?

Thanks
Have a read of this thread , BA Holiday - Tested Positive 2 days before - they got a voucher.

I would think that you will test negative for a rapid in 12 days , I tested positive for 5 days only following Delta in November. . All the best and get well soon.

DAY 6 clear. Was 8 days after probable infection.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Just Eat Platinum For Life
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Have a read of this thread , BA Holiday - Tested Positive 2 days before - they got a voucher.

I would think that you will test negative for a rapid in 12 days , I tested positive for 5 days only following Delta in November. . All the best and get well soon.
Thank you, sunshinebob
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:59 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
Originally Posted by jayjaygee

Thanks
Studies have shown Omicron infections tend to show positive on rapid tests for an average of 9 days from onset of symptoms. No guarantees, but you have a decent chance of being negative on Day 12. Otherwise you can always request a voucher.
jayjaygee likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 3:45 pm

Hi folks, Appreciate any advice,
I have a Cash booking that was done in WTP and then I used Avios to upgrade to Club World. If i need to cancel the trip under the BWC policy, am i going to forfeit the avios I used and just get a voucher for the cash booking?

Thanks
Old Mar 3, 2022, 4:04 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The best thing to do is to first ask BA to remove the UuA, for which there is a £35 redeposit fee, you then have your Avios back. Then you ask for the voucher on the booking, with any luck that will then be an eVoucher which can be used online.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 12:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The best thing to do is to first ask BA to remove the UuA, for which there is a £35 redeposit fee, you then have your Avios back. Then you ask for the voucher on the booking, with any luck that will then be an eVoucher which can be used online.
Have they reinstated the £35 redeposit fee for canceling a UUA? I thought that was being waived under book with confidence (which doesn't logicality make sense).
When you remove a UUA do you end up back in your original booking class, or in the next available class?
Old Mar 4, 2022, 1:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by barneyb
Have they reinstated the £35 redeposit fee for canceling a UUA? I thought that was being waived under book with confidence (which doesn't logicality make sense).
When you remove a UUA do you end up back in your original booking class, or in the next available class?
The Avios redeposit fee hasn't gone away, so I'm assuming that's now payable, doubtless some agents are taking a generous approach. It's a standard redeposit fee for Avios. When you take away a UuA you end up back with the same fare basis as before. Now sometimes that fare basis no longer existis which is why sometimes removing a UuA isn't a panacea if still trying to travel. For an eVoucher it doesn't matter since once the UuA is removed the coupon is voiided and the value as spent is attributed to the now empty booking shell. Similar for FTVs except the value is on the empty booking rather than attributed to a coupon, and hence FTVs need manual agent intervention to be rebuilt, whereas the robots can handle the eVoucher coupon.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 6:02 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
I started a thread a couple of weeks ago in frustration Frustrating Trying To Upgrade! following failed attempts at upgrading a return flight. I didn’t come back to the thread however have continued to attempt to do it online, multiple attempts to get through on the phone and contacted them through Twitter. First response from Twitter team 8 days after initial contact asking for the usual proof of identity then next contact 5 days later.

Have now taken on board the advice from CWS and cancelled, requesting an FTV. How long do they normally take to be issued? Have read a few pages of this thread, reading about offline and online ones. Since my ticket is part used, will this be offline and will I have to call to use it?

The good thing about this is that I’ve now booked QR (QSuites) on all flights and once I get my domestic flights booked and when the itinerary is flown, it’ll take me to the dizzy heights of BA Gold again after a few years absence.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 7:33 am

Your FTV email should be with you within the hour after you submit the form.

For a part flown booking it will be an offline FTV, and it won't show any value on the email. You will have to call to use it, and it will be sent off to calculate the value and whether there is any extra you have to pay in addition for the new booking.
Saltire74 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.