Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holiday - Tested Positive 2 days before

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2022, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
BA Holiday - Tested Positive 2 days before

Disaster - 2 days before a BAH trip we have a positive test.

Before I call does anyone know what options we may have? Got an excellent deal (prices are significantly higher now) - will
they allow a move of dates or am I stuck with a voucher ?
Old Feb 26, 2022, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
A voucher is possible. You can’t reschedule at your convenience unfortunately

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...olidays#terms2

What if I or someone in my booking tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of departure?

If you test positive for COVID-19 or another individual on your booking tests positive for COVID-19 within 2 weeks before your outbound flight, you can submit a request to cancel your original booking and request a voucher. Supporting evidence of a positive COVID-19 test is required.

Please ensure you submit your request within 48 hours of receiving a positive result. Eligibility criteria applies, please see Terms and Conditions.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
A voucher is possible. You can’t reschedule at your convenience unfortunately

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...olidays#terms2
Isnt that just booking with confidence policy?

Or is that better as it includes hotel which may not be as flexible?
Old Feb 26, 2022, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Will100
Isnt that just booking with confidence policy?

Or is that better as it includes hotel which may not be as flexible?
No, BWC does not allow you to convert a holiday to voucher this close to depart.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 5:14 am
Original Poster

No chance of You First being able to do me a favour and shift it back a couple of weeks?

Or is that wishful thing…
Old Feb 26, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
No chance of You First being able to do me a favour and shift it back a couple of weeks?

YouFirst won't get involved with a BAH IIRC, but being within 72 hours of departure, you can discuss with the BAH Duty Office.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 5:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
No, BWC does not allow you to convert a holiday to voucher this close to depart.
Travel insurance would be the only option then?
lvA6 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BLHD
YouFirst won't get involved with a BAH IIRC, but being within 72 hours of departure, you can discuss with the BAH Duty Office.
Ill try that.

Just had a PCR which I’ll no doubt need to prove my case.

Would be a real shame as it was a great trip for the price in First booked when prices were still low.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ill try that.

Just had a PCR which I’ll no doubt need to prove my case.

Would be a real shame as it was a great trip for the price in First booked when prices were still low.
The risk you take in these times! I’m sure another deal will pop up allowing you to spend that voucher
Old Feb 26, 2022, 9:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT

Sadly for a holiday any rebooking should be subject to a reprice. I’d doubt if they would change it but nothing ventured if you don’t ask.

I wonder if it was a holiday in the UK where there’s now no restrictions or need to isolate if BA would still have such a policy.

Hope you recover quickly and get it sorted
Old Feb 26, 2022, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Sadly for a holiday any rebooking should be subject to a reprice. I’d doubt if they would change it but nothing ventured if you don’t ask.

I wonder if it was a holiday in the UK where there’s now no restrictions or need to isolate if BA would still have such a policy.

Hope you recover quickly and get it sorted
If it were a domestic holiday then the OP wouldn't have needed to take a PCR in the first place and could have holidayed completely undetected... Boris says it's ok as we're living with it now 😬
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
If it were a domestic holiday then the OP wouldn't have needed to take a PCR in the first place and could have holidayed completely undetected... Boris says it's ok as we're living with it now 😬
As do some other countries, eg Mexico, Costa Rica. (I’m not suggesting that OP changes destination, just pointing out that the number of countries not requiring tests is increasing).
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bluemoon68
As do some other countries, eg Mexico, Costa Rica. (I’m not suggesting that OP changes destination, just pointing out that the number of countries not requiring tests is increasing).
Yep, however pricing is now the issue. We paid around £4k for F to Dubai plus a week in the St Regis - a ridiculous bargain.

PCR confirmed positive so have rebooked a pair of tickets in Club for the end of the month with Avios.

BA will issue a voucher with proof of test result. I guess not the end of the world.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Had a similar situation recently and they won't do a voucher for any test result has to be a medically administered test

However not a big deal as they will allow a change fee free rebook for any positive test at all so just pick a date > 4 weeks out where you can change for little or no fare difference and then voucher that under the normal Book with confidence policy T&C's
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
Had a similar situation recently and they won't do a voucher for any test result has to be a medically administered test

However not a big deal as they will allow a change fee free rebook for any positive test at all so just pick a date > 4 weeks out where you can change for little or no fare difference and then voucher that under the normal Book with confidence policy T&C's
I now have an NHS administered PCR result (positive) which has been sent by email.

I assume this will suffice as it was done at a mobile testing unit?
mikeyfly likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.