Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Why can't I check in online? OLCI and boarding pass difficulties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
This thread is dedicated to explaining some of the reasons why OLCI (Online Check-in) doesn't work on British Airways' website BA.com and / or its App software. The first post give the main reasons, and subsequent posts give more background. By all means reach out in this thread if you are still unsure. If you are new to the BA Forum - perhaps Google brought you here - have a look in the forum's stickies and Dashboard for more reference material.

Note that there is a HTML typo in the first link of the first thread. Try this instead: https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...&SITE=XCMTXXNS
Print Wikipost

FAQ : Why can't I check in online? OLCI and boarding pass difficulties

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2022, 10:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The route is fine, I and many other FTers have received App or web boarding passes for NQY departures. So it will be some other complexity.
davidcamp6 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 11:45 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Thank you, cest la vie
Old Sep 3, 2022, 12:45 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If it is a simple one way or return and OLCI is playing up, I would just double check on the app that there is a ticket number.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by KARFA
If it is a simple one way or return and OLCI is playing up, I would just double check on the app that there is a ticket number.
It is a a simple one way as part of a NQY-LHR-LCA-TLV-LHR-LGW-NQY all on separate tickets. 125 ticket for this leg clearly stated in the app. Thank you for your input...as always.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:09 am

Flying LHR to LAX tomorrow. Verifly all approved but I can't OLCI and its telling me to do so at the airport. Will it all be ok? Bit worried. My son is ASD and struggles with situations like this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This is not unusual, and it may be due to things like a new passport (for example) or SSSS. I wouldn't worry too much. If you are able, you could go to LHR this evening and get the boarding passes in advance. Otherwise there's a very high chance that if your passport number is in the booking then if you put the passport into the self serve machine, then enter the location airport (e.g. JFK) then everything will be sorted in a few seconds. If that doesn't work, I would approach a BA member of staff, in full uniform not a random shirt and tie, explain your son has hidden disability and ask if a quiet spot can be found for a check in. Alternatively Zone E is for family check-in and it's usually not too busy there.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 9:23 am

Thank you. Unfortunately getting to LHR isn't an option, so crossing everything that all is ok tomorrow. We're in CW so would you say to stick to Club check in or try family? New passports since the last time we went to the US on 2017 and therefore new ESTAs but not new new in that we have travelled elsewhere...
Old Sep 6, 2022, 10:05 am
Original Poster

It may be the new passport + new ESTA at work here. Just allow a few extra minutes. It depends on the time of day as to how busy CW is, but if there is a long queue and self-serve didn't work then I'd approach a member of staff, it's in no-one's interest to have a melt down on your hands.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 4:54 am

Turned out it was due to the Covid documents eventhough I had done through the BA website and was told it had gone through ok
Old Sep 23, 2022, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
BRU-LHR-BWI tomorrow - filled in all the necessary forms - and got the confirmation email "Your document verification status:Your COVID-19 travel documents are now verified. You can check in for your flight on". However, OLCI still says I need to fill them in and therefore cannot check in (yes, I've also checked the link and it says they all okay...). Doh.
...a case of computer says no.... er... yes... er... no... er...

Last edited by CKBA; Sep 23, 2022 at 5:10 am
Old Sep 23, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
I’m having the same issue, go to upload them again and it says they’ve already been submitted. Annoying as the seat next to me is now occupied and I wanted to change to a different row but can’t do that now.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EDIwanderer
I’m having the same issue, go to upload them again and it says they’ve already been submitted. Annoying as the seat next to me is now occupied and I wanted to change to a different row but can’t do that now.
Depending on the destination, you may want to try VeriFLY as well as Salesforce, see the VeriFLY thread for examples of this working and indeed not working.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold
'Computer' now seems to rotate around 'need documents' to 'documents already submitted' to 'documents approved' to 'can't issue BPs'... .
I'm sure it will be okay (although I'd prefer they weren't issued 5mins before departure like last week!)
Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:40 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
My OLCI simply goes around in circles - tracking verification status says everything is OK (and I have had an email saying the same), but when I try to check in in tells me the documents are not complete. The Check In button is live and clicking it takes me to "Find your Booking" and if I enter the information I get back to the page I was just on. Tracking verification status shows me that everything is OK and tells me I can check-in now. But it just goes round in the same loop. The ticket number is correct, but it is an AA (001) ticket.

If I come in via my AA booking then I get a different page, that lists all my flights and shows unverified status for everything, but nothing I do at that point seems to change anything.

It feels like an IT issue (of the two systems not talking to each other, or not using the right PNRs due to the Amadeus / Sabre differences), but if anyone knows the trick to unlocking things, it would be good to know.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:43 am
Original Poster

The App and website OLCI codes are a bit different so maybe try the other one using the BA not AA locator?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.