Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Why can't I check in online? OLCI and boarding pass difficulties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
This thread is dedicated to explaining some of the reasons why OLCI (Online Check-in) doesn't work on British Airways' website BA.com and / or its App software. The first post give the main reasons, and subsequent posts give more background. By all means reach out in this thread if you are still unsure. If you are new to the BA Forum - perhaps Google brought you here - have a look in the forum's stickies and Dashboard for more reference material.

Note that there is a HTML typo in the first link of the first thread. Try this instead: https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...&SITE=XCMTXXNS
Print Wikipost

FAQ : Why can't I check in online? OLCI and boarding pass difficulties

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2023, 7:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
As ever, do have another go in a few hours. SSSS is indeed a full block and won't change, but if it's another factor then it may be that another go at OLCI will work.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 1:23 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
It's probably SSSS; my husband got that on our return to IAD last week despite having Global Entry (I know it's airline randomly selected, but still &#128580 and although we checked in at the airport when I looked in the BA app later I could view my BP, but not his. He was called up prior to boarding, his bag was searched, and he was asked a few questions, then we were the first to board.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
As ever, do have another go in a few hours. SSSS is indeed a full block and won't change, but if it's another factor then it may be that another go at OLCI will work.
So amazingly I tried again this morning and it now let me check in online and get the boarding pass in the app. No idea why or what changed overnight.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 3:50 pm

BER-LHR-ORD-LAS - AA ticket

Hello, seems I'm a new member of code-share challenge club...

BER-LHR-ORD-LAS booked through AA with first leg operated by BA - 4 people (2 adults + 2 kids if that matter). Flight in a week from now. First flight (BER-LHR) has been cancelled and we were automatically rebooked to the earlier flight.

Problem:

On AA.com everything is fine with new BA PNR issued. From BA side old flight (together with new one) is still on the itinerary - supposedly preventing from online seat selection.

No breakthrough after several iterations with AA & BA call centers (&online chats). What I learnt from the discussion with BA is that BA OLCI will not possible as well till AA confirms my itinerary what they can't do (as they believe it's already done).

After reading couple of posts here I've actually already lost my faith in sorting out OLCI.

I hope that I will be able to sort out all the issues at the airport.

Q: Is there any option to check in at the BER airport earlier than 2h before the flight? Ideally day before as this is early morning flight. Any hints helping to derisk the case would be welcome. I'm looking for low-risk scenarios as travelling with kids.

Thank you.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 4:36 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by The_User
Q: Is there any option to check in at the BER airport earlier than 2h before the flight? Ideally day before as this is early morning flight. Any hints helping to derisk the case would be welcome. I'm looking for low-risk scenarios as travelling with kids.
On the day, I suspect there won't be anyone to see before 2 hrs. They can resolve this the day before, if the ground agent wants to do and so long as you are within 24 hours of at least LHR-ORD. I suspect they will say no, since it's a service they are not contracted to provide. And it is just possible that OLCI will work in some form, even if not immediate on T-24.

Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA Forum.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 8:53 am

Glad to be a member of this community! Thanks a lot for your guidance! Appreciated!

I will give a try & visit the airport the day before. Small chance is better than nothing.

After careful reading of the first post, I'm also trying last chance option of API updates with removal of emergency contacts.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 9:42 pm

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
OK. So, Mrs B and I are due to fly home in F on BA52 on 11th August (today/tomorrow, depending on time zone). Same PNR. OLCI will let me check in, but not Mrs B. Surely this cannot be SSSS as we are flying from the US, not to it. MMB is showing our correct seat numbers, but it does look like the aircraft has been switched to a 777-300ER.
Any ideas, or do we have to hope for the best at the airport?
Old Aug 11, 2023, 5:19 am
Original Poster

SSSS is also an option when departing the USA, including on domestic departures (which is so far the only encounter that I've had with SSSS). That said, I suspect it's visa or passport related, that's the usual issue departing the USA on BA.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 4:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by BehindTheRadar
Just went to try and OLCI for a BAH flight to the US. As it's US I need to Verify My Contact Details before it will let me through any further. 2 people on the booking, other person is fine, but when I try to go into the details to confirm them its asking for my DOB. I'm putting it in right but it's saying it's not. I've checked the APIS for the booking and it's correct, as is my DOB in my exec club. At a loss here

Edit: Solved - phoned up and the booking I made over the phone had the wrong month in my DOB attached to it, despite APIS etc all being correct it wouldn't pull through from there.
Just had this but even weirder trying to check the Wife in for a BA-AA-AA trip. Asked to confirm contact details for the AA legs, the first goes fine but the second rejects her DOB...?! She's the only one on the booking, so no idea what could be messing that up. Any advice...? I'm nominated on her account so I can call if it will help, or do I have to advise her to get to WAW early?
Old Aug 15, 2023, 5:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
SSSS is also an option when departing the USA, including on domestic departures (which is so far the only encounter that I've had with SSSS). That said, I suspect it's visa or passport related, that's the usual issue departing the USA on BA.
This also has happened to me in LHR on the way to the US, couldn't check in online, SSSS on boarding pass when I checked in at T5, called by name at the gate, pre-boarded then thoroughly searched at the bottom of the escalator (bags opened, searched, swabbed, shoes off and socks swabbed, pat down etc).
Old Aug 15, 2023, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by etiene
Just had this but even weirder trying to check the Wife in for a BA-AA-AA trip. Asked to confirm contact details for the AA legs, the first goes fine but the second rejects her DOB...?! She's the only one on the booking, so no idea what could be messing that up. Any advice...? I'm nominated on her account so I can call if it will help, or do I have to advise her to get to WAW early?
Not selecting the AA flights finally allowed check-in. She doesn't seem to have been checked-in for those, so I guess I'll try that within the AA app once it's T-24 from the first AA sector.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 11:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Accor Silver
Online check in for codeshare flight

Hy,

I’m flying from Berlin to Seattle via LHR tomorrow. Ticket is issued by British airways. The second flight is operated by American. Does the only check in still not work for segments like this?

get only the following message via British airways.

i confirmed my contact tracing via american.

Trying via American is forwarding to British airways.

I’m just confused about the following „error“. British airways confirms correct APIS. American says missing information but I can’t enter the missing information.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 12:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Possibly you’re going to be initiated into the secret order of the SSSS?
TobiD87 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TobiD87
Hy,

I’m flying from Berlin to Seattle via LHR tomorrow. Ticket is issued by British airways. The second flight is operated by American. Does the only check in still not work for segments like this?
This isn't unusual. It's possible that Berlin can give you the AA boarding passes, but if not, just go to T3 after the BER flight and very shortly into the T3 process there is a dedicated area - quite large - for AA and they will do their security questions and what-not there. If you haven't got your BA boarding pass, just deselect the AA flight and do it with BA alone. Two airlines separated by two very different IT architecture.
TobiD87 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 2:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Accor Silver
This isn't unusual. It's possible that Berlin can give you the AA boarding passes, but if not, just go to T3 after the BER flight and very shortly into the T3 process there is a dedicated area - quite large - for AA and they will do their security questions and what-not there. If you haven't got your BA boarding pass, just deselect the AA flight and do it with BA alone. Two airlines separated by two very different IT architecture.
i see, but did it worked before after Covid?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.