Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Why can't I check in online? OLCI and boarding pass difficulties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
This thread is dedicated to explaining some of the reasons why OLCI (Online Check-in) doesn't work on British Airways' website BA.com and / or its App software. The first post give the main reasons, and subsequent posts give more background. By all means reach out in this thread if you are still unsure. If you are new to the BA Forum - perhaps Google brought you here - have a look in the forum's stickies and Dashboard for more reference material.

Note that there is a HTML typo in the first link of the first thread. Try this instead: https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...&SITE=XCMTXXNS
Print Wikipost

FAQ : Why can't I check in online? OLCI and boarding pass difficulties

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2023, 10:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Another factor I've experienced is if it is a tebooked flight and the originating airline (e.g) hasn't reissued the ticket. Annoyingly it uually means taking just an assigned seat since all others have usuallu been taken.
Old May 7, 2023, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I’m trying to check-in for DBV-LGW BA2833 tomorrow and I get the error page below.

Avios booking, ticketed. Oddly the seat assignment has disappeared from MMB.

Flight is showing as operating. What could it be?

Old May 7, 2023, 4:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
DBV and SPU are not on FLY and use the local airport infrastructure. You could see if you can get it to work on the DBV website but I wouldn't try too hard, it may not work. If you had reserved seats beforehand, they will be preserved.
ringingup likes this.
Old May 13, 2023, 11:46 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
I can't seem to OLCI for my NUE to LHR flight tomorrow (Sunday 14th). On both ca.com and the App I just get:

"Sorry, Online Check-In is unavailable, please check-in at the airport. We are unable to offer you Online Check-In for the flight we have found in your booking"

Is NUE an airport that does not offer OLCI for BA? Or something more serious being a problem with this flight>
Old May 13, 2023, 12:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
That's no surprise. NUE is one of the handful of airports not on FLY so it is check in at the airport only.
Old May 13, 2023, 12:23 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BOH
Is NUE an airport that does not offer OLCI for BA? Or something more serious being a problem with this flight>
Yes, it's the former. See post 1, point 6 - NUE simply isn't on FLY. This service was originally just for Christmas Markets, but along the way they found there was a decent business to be made there. But that hasn't pushed the dial on FLY yet.
BOH likes this.
Old May 13, 2023, 1:44 pm
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
That's no surprise. NUE is one of the handful of airports not on FLY so it is check in at the airport only.
That's amazing, NUE virtually has a daily service on BA now but still forces everyone to queue up to check-in. Such a waste of time for the majority who will only have hand-luggage
KARFA likes this.
Old May 18, 2023, 7:52 am

Flying LHR-HND tomorrow using avios & 2 for 1 voucher and had paid seat reservations in club.

Did online check in on the app this morning and got boarding passes for all passengers but when I open the app and website it doesn't show the boarding pass and tells me to check in again.

If I try the online check in process again on the website it gets to a point where the boarding passes are visible and then the only option I get is 'cancel and exit check in'.

If I press check in on the app it goes mad for about 30 seconds then tries to add a boarding pass to my wallet. The app then updates to show the boarding pass button but then updates again back to the pre-online check in and shows no seat selected.

As it stands I've got boarding passes for all passengers in club and think I'm OK but slightly worried about turning up at the airport to find a downgrade or seat move as I'm travelling with a child and aware that they've cancelled this flight multiple days this week.

Is this just BA systems gone a bit mad or do I have an issue?
Old May 18, 2023, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by garak112
As it stands I've got boarding passes for all passengers in club and think I'm OK but slightly worried about turning up at the airport to find a downgrade or seat move as I'm travelling with a child and aware that they've cancelled this flight multiple days this week.

Is this just BA systems gone a bit mad or do I have an issue?
No, don't worry, it's just a disconnect between web and App versions of BA.com, of which there are many - and this is not one of the more significant ones either. So long as you have boarding passes then I anticipate no further problems. I personally generally get a second copy of the boarding pass sent to my email address as a backup but that's just how I operate rather than anything essential.
Old May 23, 2023, 12:45 pm

First of all apologies for starting a new thread but I’m sure that thread will wither away and the overall outcome is here.

could not check in or get bookings at all in the app. When attempting to MMB from within a logged in exec account I got told no way to check in. No ticket numbers. And seats were not there.

solution below:

Its BA IT. So if I try through the ap or through the exec club page when logged in, it does not work. there is no ticket number, no seats displayed. I cannot check in. I get the message that check in is not possible via any means.

HOWEVER, if I use an incognito window and go to the MMB link from the booking email, I can check in.

The woman on the gold line told me this was a problem with my account.

So top tip, use an incognito window to check in if all else fails.

I'd like an hour of my day back please! Setting up skype and dealing with this.

Of course I will still come back to St Lucia and will still use BA. I mean if nothing else it is a common talking point amongst guests and a good ice breaker to discuss how infuriating they are but how we will still all use them
Old May 23, 2023, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Over the past year I’ve done a number of TP runs starting ex-EU going to the US.

On each occasion I’ve had trouble checking in online and have had to visit the desks. However, each time the agent doesn’t seem to be able to get the system to print off by BPs as there’s a security block in the system. Every time the agent has to call BA security at LHR to get the block removed to be able to print the BPs to LHR and then onto eg JFK. This can take an hour and I can tell that other passengers behind me are getting annoyed with having to wait.

BA say that they cannot print the AA connecting BP due to security issues with AA. This is odd as I have GE and don’t have any issues entering the US. I then have to collect my AA boarding pass in the US where they easily print it off without any question.

I called the GGL line to ask if they could see what the issue was in my account which was causing the initial block as I would like to save time at the airport especially when the first flight is at 7am.

Thanks
Old May 31, 2023, 8:25 am

Just bumping this as I’m flying to the US on Saturday ex-DUB and would appreciate any insight into why this might be happening to my flights and how to fix it as spending an hour during every initial check-in is tiring and frustrating, not to mention worrying if it can’t be resolved.
Old May 31, 2023, 4:42 pm

It’s because BA IT and CX is sh!t. Nothing less, nothing more.
BA or bust likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 7:14 am

So I asked at the FW why I have a security block on my bookings to the US and the agent took a look.

They could unblock the flag on the BA flights to the US (JFK) but not the connecting AA flight.

The agent called a supervisor and they couldn’t figure it out so they called another department (OFW or some other acronym) to ask them how to resolve the flag which has a label is AQQ and the note next to the AA flights of Boarding Inhibited.

The other dept had no clue and the security dept had no idea either. But the agent said that the block was put on by BA.

So as usual, I have to go to an AA agent in the US to get my onward BPs. It takes them seconds to give me the BP so I don’t know what’s going on.

As BA add the block surely they should know what it is and how to resolve it?!

I’ve been going yo the US for over 20 years and I have GE but this only started about a year ago.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 7:18 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
...label is AQQ ...
My understanding is that AQQ stands for APIS Quick Query so it sounds like there's something in your Advance Passenger Information that's causing the problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.