Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Why can't I check in online? OLCI and boarding pass difficulties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
This thread is dedicated to explaining some of the reasons why OLCI (Online Check-in) doesn't work on British Airways' website BA.com and / or its App software. The first post give the main reasons, and subsequent posts give more background. By all means reach out in this thread if you are still unsure. If you are new to the BA Forum - perhaps Google brought you here - have a look in the forum's stickies and Dashboard for more reference material.

Note that there is a HTML typo in the first link of the first thread. Try this instead: https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...&SITE=XCMTXXNS
Print Wikipost

FAQ : Why can't I check in online? OLCI and boarding pass difficulties

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2021, 3:07 am

Programs: BAEC blue dust
I can't OLCI for my LCY-NCE tomorrow (RFS, no changes made, ticketed correctly). I've got a bag to check in anyway, and done VeriFLY so fingers crossed there won't be any problems. It does make me a tad nervous though
Old Sep 7, 2021, 3:32 am

I can't OLCI for my flight to PMI tomorrow morning from T5. Two issues:

1) I am told that I need to add passenger information for either me or my infant - not sure which. But I have already done so and there are no empty fields so not sure how to move it forward
2) My wife and other child do have acceptable passenger info, but I cannot print a boarding pass as "The travel document details you have entered are not valid for this flight". Unhelpfully I am also told that the call center staff can't help with this. So while I am pretty sure all of the details I've given are correct, is there any way to find out if there is an actual problem before I get to the airport?

I was really hoping to avoid any delays in the morning, its stressful enough travelling with toddlers. Am I still able to bag drop the night before i.e. tonight? And if so, presumably they can issue boarding passes then and we can sort out (hopefully) any actual issues in passenger data or docs at that point?

To add: I cannot contact BA as they are not connecting calls -so it isn't like I haven't tried to do the obvious!
Thanks all.

Last edited by Bluebirdnick; Sep 7, 2021 at 3:50 am
Old Sep 7, 2021, 4:06 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
So can someone advise me please? We cannot check in for our flight ALC-LHR tomorrow. However we cannot get into the seat map to make changes either. Is there anything else that one can do to get to this? If I cannot - fine - if I have to call BA I shall not bother. Life is too short.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by Bluebirdnick
I can't OLCI for my flight to PMI tomorrow morning from T5. Two issues:

1) I am told that I need to add passenger information for either me or my infant - not sure which. But I have already done so and there are no empty fields so not sure how to move it forward
2) My wife and other child do have acceptable passenger info, but I cannot print a boarding pass as "The travel document details you have entered are not valid for this flight". Unhelpfully I am also told that the call center staff can't help with this. So while I am pretty sure all of the details I've given are correct, is there any way to find out if there is an actual problem before I get to the airport?

I was really hoping to avoid any delays in the morning, its stressful enough travelling with toddlers. Am I still able to bag drop the night before i.e. tonight? And if so, presumably they can issue boarding passes then and we can sort out (hopefully) any actual issues in passenger data or docs at that point?

To add: I cannot contact BA as they are not connecting calls -so it isn't like I haven't tried to do the obvious!
Thanks all.
OK- its a BA glitch apparently. So that's a whole load of people being told to check in at the airport who wouldn't otherwise have needed to.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 12:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Today’s flight to LJU is ticketed and unable to do OLCI. How much extra time should I allow at the airport and could I lose seats 1d,f?

panic over, systems down yesterday. Looking forward to Bucks Fizz.

Last edited by botham; Sep 20, 2021 at 5:16 am Reason: Update
Old Dec 21, 2021, 3:32 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
I have an AA ticketed reservation for tomorrow VIE-LHR (BA) LHR-CLT (AA) - I changed the return flight due to covid restrictions, so am just now coming straight back to VIE, whereas before I had a stop in LHR on the way back. When I try and check in online, I get the "can't check in online" message and I also cannot see a ticket number in the app. I called BA who assured me there was a ticket number in the record. Hope all will go smoothly tomorrow.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 10:06 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
On the off chance someone cares - they did have to call someone when I checked in this morning, but it just took an extra couple of minutes and it was sorted.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 12:25 pm

For my flight to the US tomorrow, I am checked in but cannot print boarding pass as ‘your passport and/or visa must be checked at the airport’. Partner on same booking can print boarding pass no issue…

SSSS? Is it so dreaded?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 1:16 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I would not assume it's SSSS, though it could be. It may be that if you simply run your passport from the self check kiosks it will simply chuck out your boarding pass, assuming it's the same passport as on your booking. If it is SSSS it's not a big deal, you have the option to have your bags scanned before boarding starts and thus get pre-boarded. It should take well under 5 minutes and they may do an explosives check on your phone or fingers. Now if you do get SSSS some people may think it's worth giving your partner all your bags except one token bag for a quick rummage - but obviously I couldn't possibly condone such behaviour.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I would not assume it's SSSS, though it could be. It may be that if you simply run your passport from the self check kiosks it will simply chuck out your boarding pass, assuming it's the same passport as on your booking. If it is SSSS it's not a big deal, you have the option to have your bags scanned before boarding starts and thus get pre-boarded. It should take well under 5 minutes and they may do an explosives check on your phone or fingers. Now if you do get SSSS some people may think it's worth giving your partner all your bags except one token bag for a quick rummage - but obviously I couldn't possibly condone such behaviour.
Thank you! Am more concerned about the T5 queues!
Old Mar 26, 2022, 1:44 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by sjoh1271
Thank you! Am more concerned about the T5 queues!
Sundays are not as busy as Saturdays. But try the kiosk idea, I only found out about that fairly recently.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
sundays are not as busy as saturdays. But try the kiosk idea, i only found out about that fairly recently.
👍🏻
Old Mar 27, 2022, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by sjoh1271
👍🏻
SSSS for the record
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
Is anyone having issues using OLCI to the States from the UK even if using VeriFLY if flying on BA? Not having 5B is problem on AA for some reason
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Originally Posted by matinicus rock
Is anyone having issues using OLCI to the States from the UK even if using VeriFLY if flying on BA? Not having 5B is problem on AA for some reason
I used Verfly to get everything sorted for a flight from LHR-JFK today but despite Verifly saying everything was good to go OLCI failed and had to check in at the airport. Verifly feels like a waste of time
matinicus rock likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.