Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Why can't I check in online? OLCI and boarding pass difficulties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
This thread is dedicated to explaining some of the reasons why OLCI (Online Check-in) doesn't work on British Airways' website BA.com and / or its App software. The first post give the main reasons, and subsequent posts give more background. By all means reach out in this thread if you are still unsure. If you are new to the BA Forum - perhaps Google brought you here - have a look in the forum's stickies and Dashboard for more reference material.

Note that there is a HTML typo in the first link of the first thread. Try this instead: https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...&SITE=XCMTXXNS
Print Wikipost

FAQ : Why can't I check in online? OLCI and boarding pass difficulties

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2020, 4:07 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
C seat is an aisle seat. There is a longstanding glitch which shows that incorrectly in MMB. If you can't OLCI then seat assigment stops at T-25, and there isn't much you can do about that. Expertflyer and similar tools will show the seat arrangment, which is essentially full in ET, and some empty rows between row 8 and the last CE row, row 12.
Thanks - currently T-28 and still can’t move my seats. Still saying row 12 (Boone in ET) but I still can’t see seat map to move seat
Old Sep 23, 2020, 4:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by gallagher
Thanks - currently T-28 and still can’t move my seats. Still saying row 12 (Boone in ET) but I still can’t see seat map to move seat
I think they are rejigging the seats. This looks a lot different to when I looked at it 90 minutes ago. In this scenario the X seats would be allocated to someone without status, the full blocks to someone with status, and there are some empty seats in 11 and 12 starboard side.

Old Sep 23, 2020, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by gallagher
anyone know if I’m allowed wheeled hand-luggage in the cabin on BA flights from Turkey to the UK?
on the outbound last week all wheeled hand luggage had to be checked
According to the Turkish Civil Aviation Directorate regulations, you would not be permitted to take a wheeled hand baggage into the cabin and it should be checked at the check-in counter.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think they are rejigging the seats. This looks a lot different to when I looked at it 90 minutes ago. In this scenario the X seats would be allocated to someone without status, the full blocks to someone with status, and there are some empty seats in 11 and 12 starboard side.

thanks - after trying on multiple devices the seat mao reappear at T-27. At which point we’d been moved out of the exit seats managed to move back in before OLCI).
Old Sep 23, 2020, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
According to the Turkish Civil Aviation Directorate regulations, you would not be permitted to take a wheeled hand baggage into the cabin and it should be checked at the check-in counter.
thanks - I wish BA could warn passengers in advance about this requirement
Old Oct 16, 2020, 4:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Hi,

Is this still the case that you can't checkin online for flights to Greece?

Thanks
Old Oct 16, 2020, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Krisz
Hi,

Is this still the case that you can't checkin online for flights to Greece?

Thanks

Hi,

I believe so, yes

Regards

Tbs
Krisz likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 3:27 am

As of Friday 16th October flights to/from Turkey are still not allowing online check-in nor large bags in the cabin. And still no pre-warning of the latter from BA
Old Nov 26, 2020, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I'm meant to fly on BA105 tomorrow to Dubai, but cannot check-in online. I'm in Club, and don't think there in a First cabin, so op-up seems unlikely. The seat map showed several free sets just before check-in was due to open. Could this be due to restrictions on flying? (It is a business trip).
Old Nov 26, 2020, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by BA-Flyer
I'm meant to fly on BA105 tomorrow to Dubai, but cannot check-in online. I'm in Club, and don't think there in a First cabin, so op-up seems unlikely. The seat map showed several free sets just before check-in was due to open. Could this be due to restrictions on flying? (It is a business trip).
It's not due to the UK restrictions, but rather due to the Dubai restrictions. Bring with you printed (i.e., not on your phone) evidence of your negative covid test and your health declaration form to show at check in.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 2:26 pm

I was planning to take the test on arrival. Has BA been stopping all OLCI recently, and just not updated their system to reflect this recent change?
Old Nov 26, 2020, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by BA-Flyer
I was planning to take the test on arrival. Has BA been stopping all OLCI recently, and just not updated their system to reflect this recent change?
I have not been able to OLCI for my two recent flights to DXB but had no problem checking in at the airport.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Straight forward unchanged Reward CE flight to NCE tomorrow. No docs to upload, any ideas why OLCI unavailable. Tried at T24 and a while later….
Old Aug 25, 2021, 3:53 pm

I'm unable to check in for my EDI-LCY flight tomorrow. Maybe a wider issue?
Old Aug 26, 2021, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Straight forward unchanged Reward CE flight to NCE tomorrow. No docs to upload, any ideas why OLCI unavailable. Tried at T24 and a while later….
Sure enough it was a paperwork check. Agent however wasn’t satisfied with the NHS app cert printed, kept saying it needed to be the GP cert which I knew wasn’t correct. No wonder it takes 10/15 mins to do a simple check in now !
adrianlondon and KARFA like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.