Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J Enhancements - LHR-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 2:59 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by Pascoe
That will, for yours truly, again be a meaningful differentiator. I can't stand having to hop over peoples' legs in the middle of the night. And neither do I like the dynamic of the screen being continually raised and lowered during meal / drinks service. I almost always go for a window seat so however annoying it is for me, must be worse for the aisle person. So 100% asile access and presumably a full seat redesign that would need to accompany it, would I think be a welcome if a tad overdue step from BA.

I assume even BA insiders haven't had sight of that seat design yet?? Or have they??

Cmon - tease us...
I bet it will take sometime for the all aisle access seats to be rolled out, probably as said BA insiders have not even yet got down to the talking stage yet, so cannot believe it will be rolled out in 2019 more like 2020. I for one would love to have this happen sooner rather than later. Stepping over people is a complete pain.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
I actually like the CW seat quite a lot. Im a side sleeper so I detest the small foot boxes on a lot of herringbone configurations.

CW food is not the best, but Ive never been horrified, or found it inedible. For me Austrian have the best food of any business class, the on-board chef is superb. For airlines without a chef EI do a great job and I really like the service style, the seat is pretty good too.

CW could be better but is often very competitive on price and schedule.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:26 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I have a return in mid October JFK-LHR-JFK. I'm booked in CW with 64K selected both ways. Both are day flights. I have spare jokers and a GUF to use so planned to upgrade to F at no cost but now I'm torn. Try the new CW or upgrade. What would you do?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
I would stay where you are one-way, and upgrade the other ...
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by golfmad
I have a return in mid October JFK-LHR-JFK. I'm booked in CW with 64K selected both ways. Both are day flights. I have spare jokers and a GUF to use so planned to upgrade to F at no cost but now I'm torn. Try the new CW or upgrade. What would you do?
Go on, take one for the team and go CW! Let us know how you get on
golfmad likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by dnajockey
I would stay where you are one-way, and upgrade the other ...
Bit of a waste of a joker and GUF. I think I'll stick with CW and try it out.
710 77345 and orbitmic like this.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I agree, have you got any other trips to better utilise them?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Gomac
I agree, have you got any other trips to better utilise them?
Yep. Think I'll stick with CW this time and see what it's like with the improvements.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Totally agree. When it comes to jokers and GUFs, you basically either do it or don't.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
Go on, take one for the team and go CW! Let us know how you get on
Yep. Think I'll stick with CW this time and see what it's like with the improvements.
Well I held out for 3 days but I'm in F now. Couldn't resist another two pairs of folded pajamas to add to the unused collection.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: Some
Well I held out for 3 days but I'm in F now. Couldn't resist another two pairs of folded pajamas to add to the unused collection.
Pfft. You could ask for CW bedding anyway just to try it
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
It was confirmed yesterday that the bedding was also coming online on the 1st September.
The new bedding definitely WON'T be appearing 1SEP. During the most recent inflight trials the colour of the duvet was found to cause a health and safety issue when on the floor in the dark. Apparently you can not see it and it could create a trip hazzard. The colour will be changed and the sleep product launched later in Sept.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes I knew about the bedding changing colour and the reason but we were assured by our fleet manager that everything was on time and that is the lastest information we have.
Now, that not to say that tomorrow they will tell us something different, working for BA you expect the unexpected.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bananahead
The new bedding definitely WON'T be appearing 1SEP. During the most recent inflight trials the colour of the duvet was found to cause a health and safety issue when on the floor in the dark. Apparently you can not see it and it could create a trip hazzard. The colour will be changed and the sleep product launched later in Sept.
Surely the only colour this bedding could be is white and wouldn't that be quite visible? More so than the current offering anyways.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by Gomac
Surely the only colour this bedding could be is white and wouldn't that be quite visible? More so than the current offering anyways.
Well you'd think so from the name of the supplier wouldn't you. Then again, I imagine it's not the most practical colour for the sort of usage it'll get, so maybe they thought of the BA blue?

How about they have them colour-co-ordinated to your BAEC status ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.