Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J Enhancements - LHR-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold

Is that wine-carrying contraption In the second photo a real thing?
TheJayHatch likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
We will have to wait and see but I think Do&Co have BA by the nuts on the quality of the food.
Can you expand on this?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Not really, just know that the service equipment has Do&Co all over it and how the food is displayed is under their control.
They will produce all the CW food from LHR and will have their chefs training and monitoring all our caterers worldwide.
The wine carrier is made of leather and worn over the arm an totally impractical.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Not really, just know that the service equipment has Do&Co all over it and how the food is displayed is under their control.
They will produce all the CW food from LHR and will have their chefs training and monitoring all our caterers worldwide.
The wine carrier is made of leather and worn over the arm an totally impractical.
It certainly looks like that from the pictures.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
That chap looks very comfortable in leather.
Shuttle likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's a surprise.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:07 pm

Is it designed by someone who has never been on an aircraft?

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
That chap looks very comfortable in leather.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A leather version on the wine basket we used to have would be better but this is design over practicality.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: BAEC
I clearly haven't seen this in person or how it adds to the work flow, but you seem absolutely right in that it appears to be the most bizarre contraption in the hospitality industry I've ever seen. If it is to help with the 'further drinks' round then I understand the crew member can carry 2 bottles but have one arm/hand free.

However would a bottle in each hand not be easier or one crew doing red and white? I'm not a crew member and therefore don't know your work patterns or processes but its quite a odd idea and surely even more odd/ironic as its additional cost?!

I'd rather have my free G&T back in SH than invest in some fancy leather impractical serving device! Only my opinion for what it's worth!
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:06 pm

The one Virgin have used for years has 3 bottles, which makes sense. The BA one must have 2 more bottles on the other side, otherwise it does seem easier just to hold a bottle in each hand.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:39 pm

The meals look fantastic laid out like that.

Soup looks delicious. I see that the salad dressings come in jugs. That's a big piece of mozzarella on those plates
Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by MarkFlies
The meals look fantastic laid out like that.

Soup looks delicious. I see that the salad dressings come in jugs. That's a big piece of mozzarella on those plates
That's a burrata I think, quite the food of the moment!
Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Looks great. Will be interesting to hear what people think of it. You certainly wouldn't want to be flying in F when this comes out. I can see the big bags your blankets coming in being a bit of a pain. Especially if there isn't a lot of overhead locker space.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
https://twitter.com/flybyday63/statu...19671211659265

Is that wine-carrying contraption In the second photo a real thing?
Looks like it was designed by Radio Norwich's finest merlot drinker. Available for £8.99 from your local Londis.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by MarkFlies
That's a big piece of mozzarella on those plates
I predict inside 12 months it will be half the size. Or replaced with mozzarella balls.
makin'miles likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.