Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J Enhancements - LHR-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
I think the new Club will put BA up with the very best again but it may come at a price. Let's hope a balance is found, but it's nice to see BA 'thinking big' again.
I really do hope so ^ It would be great to have access to a wider network TATL again, after being forced to use AA instead.

I certainly do have my fingers crossed - BA could be put back on the map with a competitive J product. It is badly needed.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:16 am
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I suspect no matter how good these improvements are, there will be many rushing here to complain (justified or not) about how little, how poor, how much better X is and how the race to the bottom continues. BA cannot win, some just like to moan and appear superior. Some people are just never satisfied and enjoy a good moan.
... and some people will forever defend BA, irrespective of what the company does... The disillusioned meet the cool-aid-drinkers and thus a robust dialogue is had.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by NYLON Boy
... and some people will forever defend BA, irrespective of what the company does... The disillusioned meet the cool-aid-drinkers and thus a robust dialogue is had.
To be fair, if BA reveal a better or at very least equal J product to the competition (QR, CX, JL, LX, AA etc) there will be little need to 'defend' BA - the product will do the talking.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rossmacd
To be fair, if BA reveal a better or at very least equal J product to the competition (QR, CX, JL, LX, AA etc) there will be little need to 'defend' BA - the product will do the talking.
The disillusioned would double-underline the word "if" in your post.

The even more disillusioned might point out that a dated CW product is far from the only problem BA has.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:33 am

The disillusioned would double-underline the word "if" in your post.

The even more disillusioned might point out that a dated CW product is far from the only problem BA has.
Maybe so, but I will be optimistic on this one. It would be great to see BA reveal a market leading/beating product, and I will remain in hope that they do.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by rossmacd
Providing they don't also reveal a 8+ year roll out schedule (look at WTP - we still have the old one flying around) or a restriction on where it's going to be put e.g. no deployment on the 747s cos they'll be going out of service in however many years BA keep choosing to extend their lifeline for

But again - that's the cynic in me.

The *really* interesting thing for me is how BA will then choose to differentiate F if they do go with something impressive in J. F can be a serious money leap over J so they'll have to really go hard on service/F&B within F to make it worthwhile.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by MPH1980
Providing they don't also reveal a 8+ year roll out schedule (look at WTP - we still have the old one flying around) or a restriction on where it's going to be put e.g. no deployment on the 747s cos they'll be going out of service in however many years BA keep choosing to extend their lifeline for

But again - that's the cynic in me.

The *really* interesting thing for me is how BA will then choose to differentiate F if they do go with something impressive in J. F can be a serious money leap over J so they'll have to really go hard on service/F&B within F to make it worthwhile.
Yes, that's the key! Understandably it takes time to implement such complex processes/changes however it will be interesting to see the time frame they have in their plans! It would be great to see a reasonable timeframe and a leading hard product too or on par at least. It all sounds very promising and hopeful.

Thanks for the teasing CIHY, BAPilot & Pad!
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Yes, that's the key! Understandably it takes time to implement such complex processes/changes however it will be interesting to see the time frame they have in their plans! It would be great to see a reasonable timeframe and a leading hard product too or on par at least. It all sounds very promising and hopeful.

Thanks for the teasing CIHY, BAPilot & Pad!

Based on the information senior BA managers gave out at the July 4 GGL reception, I wouldn't hold my breath: the rollout (of whatever it is that is being rolled out) will be slow. Much of the fleet will not be updated. So there will be a lengthy period (=many years) of BA operating a product lottery: "will it be the updated product on my flight from A to B? will it be the dated product? Who knows?"

As for exactly what is due to be rolled out: Don't believe everything you read on FlyerTalk.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Guys, please forgive a very personal request, but I suspect that many others believe like me that not every single thread on this forum needs its 'no matter what, some people here will always criticise BA' and its 'no matter what, some people here will always defend BA' posts. Personally, I do not think that it adds anything and I suspect that the forum atmosphere would improve greatly without them. The thread discusses some really interesting changes and innovations and maybe that's what we should focus on rather than the supposed 'bashers' vs 'apologists' silly distinction? I'm not in a position to tell anyone else what to post or not to post, but if people could make a conscious effort to avoid those references, they would certainly have all of my personal gratitude.
710 77345, peanut77 and Oaxaca like this.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:08 pm

Based on the information senior BA managers gave out at the July 4 GGL reception, I wouldn't hold my breath: the rollout (of whatever it is that is being rolled out) will be slow. Much of the fleet will not be updated. So there will be a lengthy period (=many years) of BA operating a product lottery: "will it be the updated product on my flight from A to B? will it be the dated product? Who knows?"

As for exactly what is due to be rolled out: Don't believe everything you read on FlyerTalk.
I think your info is out of date sadly. Plans have been changed very recently, very quickly, and for the better. You'll have to all wait and see....
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:33 pm

In a way, I'm actually hoping they don't get rid of the yin-yang configuration (but do manage to incorporate more storage and direct aisle access). I have good memories of sitting in a K seat and having 3 windows and the novelty of facing rear-wards.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I think your info is out of date sadly. Plans have been changed very recently, very quickly, and for the better. You'll have to all wait and see....
Is this a bit of a tease? How long should we wait?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:45 pm

And that has always been the issue on FT. People want the very best product but still have access to good deals and redemption opportunities.
...and that's the challenge with BA's current value proposition in long-haul club: a relatively uncompetitive hard product and rather poor redemption opportunities and value.

I entirely agree, though, that many on Flyertalk are here because they are interested in maximizing value. So I'm very much looking forward to seeing what they do with the seat.

On the soft-product improvements, I understand that a widespread roll out the new catering concept should be done only after crew are properly trained and the systems work (hello BOB), but it really would be great to get the new bedding rolled out network wide more quickly. IMO, this shouldn't take a year, and could be a quick win for the product.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Back to the here and now rather than a new seat that could also get canned....

Disappointing they are removing the salad option. Often the tastiest thing and invariably the healthiest.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 12:29 am

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Back to the here and now rather than a new seat that could also get canned....

Disappointing they are removing the salad option. Often the tastiest thing and invariably the healthiest.
Yes I would agree with that. Often been my 'get out of jail' option as I am not generally a great fan of overcooked beef or re-heated pasta. So it was usually a choice between the chicken/fish hot main or the chicken/fish salad. Pity the salad is going.

Onwards and upwards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.