Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J Enhancements - LHR-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Correct, the salad option has been removed however there is more choice of starters with a soup course if requested.
When you say the 'soup course if requested', does it mean that it comes in addition to the starter like the F soup/green salad option?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I understand this is on the cards, but not until later in the roll out.
Originally Posted by Padmeister
Hi Orbitmic,

this is indeed the case that the F duvet etc will also improve but not yet.

the new duvet etc for CW is really good and brings the gap very close to the one currently found in F. Talks are already taking place with the White Company who will also end up supplying the even better one that will end up in F.
Thanks, that will be good! ^
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by orbitmic
In fairness, I'd argue that if there is one route on which F has a future, it certainly is LHR-JFK!
Out of interest why do you say that? The competition isn't quite the same as routes to Asia or M.E. in terms of top end. And it's not a super long flight as longhaul goes.

I'd have thought HKG and DXB were more relevant but what do I know. To me JFK seems ripe for an enhanced super hi J product
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by Pascoe
Out of interest why do you say that? The competition isn't quite the same as routes to Asia or M.E. in terms of top end. And it's not a super long flight as longhaul goes.

I'd have thought HKG and DXB were more relevant but what do I know. To me JFK seems ripe for an enhanced super hi J product
I sort of agree with you regarding HKG not so sure about DXB, but also would have SIN was a prestigious route that would want to be on the pecking order for upgrading F with better bedding, one pays enough to F so the gap needs to be much greater than J
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:28 am

Whilst it is all very well seeing some enhancements to CW - it really is cheap and cheerful.
White Company stuff is hardly luxurious and knowing how BA negotiate with their suppliers it would not surprise me if White Company were heavily subsidising the pillows and duvet etc. So pretty minimal cost to BA then.
The food sounds like what BA giveth BA now taketh away e.g. reduced main courses. Changes in style of serving and presentation are all very well but food quality/variety is what needs improving.

Ultimately what most CW passengers want is a new hard product (seat) and tinkering around the edges with cheap bedding from White Company and minimally enhanced catering whilst the new seats are years away might perhaps be a case of too little too late.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (GGL, GFL)
Regarding the new starters and desserts, the trolley display at the recent Fortnum & Mason GGL event showed several of the starters and desserts on presentation stands, with a menu development chef (can't remember the exact job title) explaining the new concept.

I should have asked this question at the time but didn't want to appear greedy: will it be permissible to ask for more than one of each, as the portions looked very small (particularly the desserts, which were not much bigger than bite-size)?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by scillyisles
Whilst it is all very well seeing some enhancements to CW - it really is cheap and cheerful.
White Company stuff is hardly luxurious and knowing how BA negotiate with their suppliers it would not surprise me if White Company were heavily subsidising the pillows and duvet etc. So pretty minimal cost to BA then.
The food sounds like what BA giveth BA now taketh away e.g. reduced main courses. Changes in style of serving and presentation are all very well but food quality/variety is what needs improving.

Ultimately what most CW passengers want is a new hard product (seat) and tinkering around the edges with cheap bedding from White Company and minimally enhanced catering whilst the new seats are years away might perhaps be a case of too little too late.
And that is exactly what you are getting.

For now NEW bedding and Food in CW. 2019 onwards NEW Club World seat to include all aisle access for every passenger along with the bedding it should prove to be a good all round business class offering.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:41 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.

I understand the criticisms to the current product offering but do we have to criticize the planned improvements too before anyone has had a chance to assess them? It may be that the improvements are substandard and I'm sure we will get to that in due course and once they have been implemented.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:42 am

You don't think White Company bedding is luxurious? When was the last time you were in one of their shops?! Granted it's not Frette (horribly overpriced IMO), but their sheets are lovely to sleep between. I think WC is a very good fit with an airlines J product.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Skimo
You don't think White Company bedding is luxurious? When was the last time you were in one of their shops?! Granted it's not Frette (horribly overpriced IMO), but their sheets are lovely to sleep between. I think WC is a very good fit with an airlines J product.
Personnally, I think White Company stuff is cheap tatt. Funny that you mention Frette - I do rate their bedlinen, Pratesi is even better.

I would however agree with you that White Company is a very good fit for BA's J product.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:07 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Any changes to afternoon tea or the evening mutated version of the same embarrassment of a meal slated to be a part of these enhancements?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by golfmad
I understand the criticisms to the current product offering but do we have to criticize the planned improvements too before anyone has had a chance to assess them? It may be that the improvements are substandard and I'm sure we will get to that in due course and once they have been implemented.
I suspect no matter how good these improvements are, there will be many rushing here to complain (justified or not) about how little, how poor, how much better X is and how the race to the bottom continues. BA cannot win, some just like to moan and appear superior. Some people are just never satisfied and enjoy a good moan.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The bedding is really nice and The White Company has pinned BA down with their contracts as have Do&Co.
We will be catered to 180% which I find very unusual but you will be able to get at least two choices from the starter and dessert trolley, if someone asks for three we will offer this should it be available after the first pass with the trolley.
aoyamaguy likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:18 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I suspect no matter how good these improvements are, there will be many rushing here to complain (justified or not) about how little, how poor, how much better X is and how the race to the bottom continues. BA cannot win, some just like to moan and appear superior. Some people are just never satisfied and enjoy a good moan.
I am hopeful for the service improvements but until the hard product changes, BA is going to be at a competitive disadvantage in J.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by BA5E
I sort of agree with you regarding HKG not so sure about DXB, but also would have SIN was a prestigious route that would want to be on the pecking order for upgrading F with better bedding, one pays enough to F so the gap needs to be much greater than J
DOH! - yup SIN also for same reasons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.