Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J Enhancements - LHR-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Sure .... I'm aware of the "new Club World Service 2017" and the relevant main thread which focusses largely on the catering changes. I can see the need for dedicated training on that. But then this thread began as an offshoot, with a more specific emphasis (from the start at least) on new bedding.

The question was posed as to why it could take as long as a year to get the bedding (but not necessarily the catering changes) rolled-out network-wide ; and we were then given to understand that this was down to training issues .....
Old Oct 23, 2017, 1:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
I travelled from JFK to LHR last week, unfortunately in the WT+ cabin so could not experience the CW enhancements. This is the first time I have been through the BA JFK terminal (T7) for several years and I was shocked at what I saw. The terminal is old and looks awful, not helped I guess by the ongoing upgrades.

As a GC holder I used the new First check-in but this is a poor relation compared to the Heathrow First Wing.

The First lounge was also a big disappointment, dark and very crowded with a poor buffet selection (some sandwiches and snacks plus one choice of soup and constantly running out of champagne). I realise that anyone travelling in the First and Club World cabins is invited to dine in the restaurant attached to the CW lounge but still not a great lounge experience.

I look forward to seeing how the improvements are going as I am booked through JFK next July (treating my mother for her 80th to a weekend in NY travelling First) but as the BA premium route JFK really needs to up its game.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 1:54 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by Yellowbelly
I travelled from JFK to LHR last week, unfortunately in the WT+ cabin so could not experience the CW enhancements. This is the first time I have been through the BA JFK terminal (T7) for several years and I was shocked at what I saw. The terminal is old and looks awful, not helped I guess by the ongoing upgrades.

As a GC holder I used the new First check-in but this is a poor relation compared to the Heathrow First Wing.

The First lounge was also a big disappointment, dark and very crowded with a poor buffet selection (some sandwiches and snacks plus one choice of soup and constantly running out of champagne). I realise that anyone travelling in the First and Club World cabins is invited to dine in the restaurant attached to the CW lounge but still not a great lounge experience.

I look forward to seeing how the improvements are going as I am booked through JFK next July (treating my mother for her 80th to a weekend in NY travelling First) but as the BA premium route JFK really needs to up its game.
I quite like T7. If they had to change anything it would be baggage delivery. It is always interminably slow.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I realise that anyone travelling in the First and Club World cabins is invited to dine in the restaurant attached to the CW lounge but still not a great lounge experience.
Anyone travelling in F will be invited in to the CCR and can dine there.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

I agree with you T7 looks very tired, and indeed, GF is one of the saddest F lounges around (in fairness, largely due to its physical limitations, notably its windowless design).

However, in addition to improvements in CW service, BA has a big plan to redevelop T7 and its lounges, which should also lead to some (genuine) improvements at least for departure passengers.

The main issue with the arrivals circuit (to me anyway) is the lack of standard/ESTA kiosks (there are GE kiosks for eligible travellers) which can make arrivals immigration very slow at times although in fairness, the move of CX to T8 has significantly improved things on that front already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.