Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J Enhancements - LHR-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by NoTiersForMe
Before the A350?? Don't be shy...
No. Still starting with the 350 and 787-10. I think people will be very pleased when they see the new design.
NoTiersForMe likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
No A350 and B787-10.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
As ever, there seems to be a lot of 'jam tomorrow' going on. If the new service ever gets rolled out it seems to be new crockery and less choice (only 3 mains for example). And does anyone really think the quality will improve? In a cost cutting culture it will last a couple of weeks at best.

Seriously BA, how long does it take to sort out new blankets and pillows, it's not even network wide.

edit: I really am not aiming any criticism on the wonderful guys supplying this very welcome info, I just dine on a generously proportioned cynicism cake.
Markie likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We will have to wait and see but I think Do&Co have BA by the nuts on the quality of the food.
GaxxyFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
The only think I really don't like are the stemless wine/champagne glasses? Any last minutes changes on this front?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Personally I like them but especially like the wine glasses as they hold 3 times as much as the current ones.
DYKWIA, NoTiersForMe and Pascoe like this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Gomac
The only think I really don't like are the stemless wine/champagne glasses? Any last minutes changes on this front?
I agree. A stemless glass is a tumbler, not a wine glass...
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Get with the times you two.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Personally I like them but especially like the wine glasses as they hold 3 times as much as the current ones.
They are, and decent quality too.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Not a transformation, but certainly a big improvement. It's not just crockery and blankets, there are improvements in the catering too, no bland food such as that served on another airline often lauded here. Having experienced the new product, it is a great improvement on the current offering.
+1. I'm very grateful for any improvements to CW, I really am, but I really wish BAs Marketing Director would stop leveraging incremental improvements quite so hard! If the product is so good and the investment so deep, let passengers advocate it after roll-out - which we already know is delayed by a blanket pantone. A much more powerful promotional strategy IMHO.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I know it's the way forward, lots of airlines are doing it but I'm not convinced. I'll just bring my own GF and ask them to fill me up
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by tigertanaka
Some interesting pics of a Transforming Club World training session have been posted by a BA cabin crew on Twitter. See https://twitter.com/flybyday63
I know it's a mock-up but it's interesting to compare BAs galleys to, say, Qantas where there are espresso machines, toasters...

No-one can say they don't have a high cost base and aren't unionised!
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Make it 'you three'. I don't like wine tumblers either and I don't think that there is anything modern about them. AF used them for a significant period of time and I found it as poor a choice then. There are very good reasons to want stems for wine glasses and Champagne flutes or coupes. The most obvious one is that it prevents your fingers from warming the white/rose wine/Champagne just as a result of holding the glass. It also makes it easier to air the wine properly and a few other things.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
The most obvious one is that it prevents your fingers from warming the white/rose wine/Champagne just as a result of holding the glass. It also makes it easier to air the wine properly and a few other things.
So have you had cold white / rose wine and champagne on BA then?! Red, obviously
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The two great things about the new wine and champagne glasses are they they are more stable and that they also hold more, how long has the champagne coupe been out of fashion and now back in fashio, Babycham anyone?
I do understand the reason for a stem on a glass but I am sure that we will all get used the new glasses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.