Wiki Posts
Search

J Enhancements - LHR-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by orbitmic
No, I certainly tend to agree with you on the mattress, duvet, and hopefully better pillows. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the F version of all of the above will be upgraded too.
The cynic in me was wondering if it's actually going to go the other way and BA gradually deprecate F on all but a handful of routes. But I am just wildly speculating.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Pascoe
The cynic in me was wondering if it's actually going to go the other way and BA gradually deprecate F on all but a handful of routes. But I am just wildly speculating.
In fairness, I'd argue that if there is one route on which F has a future, it certainly is LHR-JFK!
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
No, I certainly tend to agree with you on the mattress, duvet, and hopefully better pillows. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the F version of all of the above will be upgraded too.
I understand this is on the cards, but not until later in the roll out.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
Someone I know at BA said that the bedding wouldn't launch until later this year, it was only the food from 1st September but we will wait and see.

Looking at the menu there is indeed tomato and mozzarella as a starter, they have just tried to disguise it as something more fancy! What is with the obsession with tomato & mozzarella on BA at the moment?
florens likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:26 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by atcer28
Someone I know at BA said that the bedding wouldn't launch until later this year, it was only the food from 1st September but we will wait and see.

Looking at the menu there is indeed tomato and mozzarella as a starter, they have just tried to disguise it as something more fancy! What is with the obsession with tomato & mozzarella on BA at the moment?
It's the cheapest decent food? haha
florens likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It was confirmed yesterday that the bedding was also coming online on the 1st September.
Jimmie76 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Originally Posted by atcer28
S What is with the obsession with tomato & mozzarella on BA at the moment?
Could it be... that it's cheap?
florens likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Looking at the JFK menu posted further upthread, it appears there are now only 3 main courses to choose from, as opposed to the 4 previously offered, so this is indeed yet another enhancement.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:32 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by Can I help you
No but there will not be any other routes until 2018.
Any ideas to which routes 2018
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well ORD was lined up to be the next route but as it's operated by MF and none of them have been trained so it seems unlikely, however we are due to hear which routes will be swapped between fleets and WW could be given ORD to facilitate this.
Jimmie76 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
It was confirmed yesterday that the bedding was also coming online on the 1st September.
Good news. I shall be flying early September so I look forward to checking it out.

I also just noticed that there are only 3 main courses but loads of desserts. I am not in the slightest bothered about dessert and would have rather more main courses. I don't normally have beef so that leaves fish or vegi which is not great.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cosmo74
Looking at the JFK menu posted further upthread, it appears there are now only 3 main courses to choose from, as opposed to the 4 previously offered, so this is indeed yet another enhancement.
Correct, the salad option has been removed however there is more choice of starters with a soup course if requested.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Well ORD was lined up to be the next route but as it's operated by MF and none of them have been trained so it seems unlikely, however we are due to hear which routes will be swapped between fleets and WW could be given ORD to facilitate this.
Thanks, do you think BA 11 and Ba 15 will be on the list for the 'enhancement'
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not for a long time would be my guess.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi Orbitmic,

this is indeed the case that the F duvet etc will also improve but not yet.

the new duvet etc for CW is really good and brings the gap very close to the one currently found in F. Talks are already taking place with the White Company who will also end up supplying the even better one that will end up in F. but for now it is improvements to CW only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.