Wiki Posts
Search

J Enhancements - LHR-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by sts603
I am hopeful for the service improvements but until the hard product changes, BA is going to be at a competitive disadvantage in J.
Very difficult to argue against that ^
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Glad I will get to sample these actual enhancements shortly after implementation when flying to JFK on the 5th. Great news. Will report back with photos if nobody else has by the time I fly.
Jimmie76 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
It was confirmed yesterday that the bedding was also coming online on the 1st September.
Thank you very helpful information.

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Well ORD was lined up to be the next route but as it's operated by MF and none of them have been trained so it seems unlikely, however we are due to hear which routes will be swapped between fleets and WW could be given ORD to facilitate this.
Now if they could get round to BOS next that would be nice :

Last edited by Jimmie76; Aug 10, 2017 at 10:10 am
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by jamesreid978
Glad I will get to sample these actual enhancements shortly after implementation when flying to JFK on the 5th. Great news. Will report back with photos if nobody else has by the time I fly.
I'm flying on the 5th as well ! A bit rubbish at taking photos though....
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
I'm on BA 173 on 5th post #974 gives you my menu
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...thread-65.html
thanks very much - I had missed this ^
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by scillyisles
Personnally, I think White Company stuff is cheap tatt. Funny that you mention Frette - I do rate their bedlinen, Pratesi is even better.

I would however agree with you that White Company is a very good fit for BA's J product.
If you think WC is 'cheap', I'd love to be on your salary! And I didn't say 'BA's J product', I said an 'airlines[sic] J product'.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:19 pm

The WC has a wide price range. £375 for most expensive king duvet cover to about £60 at the lower end.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by scillyisles
Personnally, I think White Company stuff is cheap tatt. Funny that you mention Frette - I do rate their bedlinen, Pratesi is even better.

I would however agree with you that White Company is a very good fit for BA's J product.
Somehow I can't see Frette being very cost effective given the price of the product to begin with, likely wear & tear and pilferage. I've seen the F duvet appear on fleabay for example.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Somehow I can't see Frette being very cost effective given the price of the product to begin with, likely wear & tear and pilferage. I've seen the F duvet appear on fleabay for example.
Some airlines use Frette. AZ use Frette in J and QR in F (they used to in the all J flights too as they had duvets there). However, it's not unusual (and in my view not unreasonable) to try and find 'local flair' by partnering with national brands to try and give themselves a certain image, hence the choice of Liberty for the F wash bags, Severn and Wye for the smoked salmon, etc on BA whereas AF has Sofitel 'My Bed' for their bedding, Carita for the F toiletry bags and Clarins for J and Prunier for their caviar etc.

From that point of view, I think the White Company is not an illogical choice
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:45 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Some airlines use Frette. AZ use Frette in J and QR in F (they used to in the all J flights too as they had duvets there). However, it's not unusual (and in my view not unreasonable) to try and find 'local flair' by partnering with national brands to try and give themselves a certain image, hence the choice of Liberty for the F wash bags, Severn and Wye for the smoked salmon, etc on BA whereas AF has Sofitel 'My Bed' for their bedding, Carita for the F toiletry bags and Clarins for J and Prunier for their caviar etc.

I agree. I think it's great that BA are featuring British brands. Hopefully this will be an improvement. Just think what the J cabin is going to look like after an overnight flight with pillows and duvets everywhere! Poor cleaners!
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:33 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Very difficult to argue against that ^
Agree there, have just booked CX to SYD in J next Jan seats swayed me on that 1 2 1 instead of 2 4 2
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some airlines use Frette. AZ use Frette in J and QR in F (they used to in the all J flights too as they had duvets there).
Well without wanting to go to OT those two airlines you mention are not in the best shape financially. AZ filed for Chapter 15 bankruptcy, and QR (amongst others) allegedly had "interesting" financial transactions. Though I doubt that's to do with the bedding arrangements

However, it's not unusual (and in my view not unreasonable) to try and find 'local flair' by partnering with national brands to try and give themselves a certain image, hence the choice of Liberty for the F wash bags, Severn and Wye for the smoked salmon, etc on BA whereas AF has Sofitel 'My Bed' for their bedding, Carita for the F toiletry bags and Clarins for J and Prunier for their caviar etc.

Fully agree with this support and promote your national/local brands.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Though I doubt that's to do with the bedding arrangements
I think that you can be quite reassured about that indeed!
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by Padmeister
And that is exactly what you are getting.

For now NEW bedding and Food in CW. 2019 onwards NEW Club World seat to include all aisle access for every passenger along with the bedding it should prove to be a good all round business class offering.
That will, for yours truly, again be a meaningful differentiator. I can't stand having to hop over peoples' legs in the middle of the night. And neither do I like the dynamic of the screen being continually raised and lowered during meal / drinks service. I almost always go for a window seat so however annoying it is for me, must be worse for the aisle person. So 100% asile access and presumably a full seat redesign that would need to accompany it, would I think be a welcome if a tad overdue step from BA.

I assume even BA insiders haven't had sight of that seat design yet?? Or have they??

Cmon - tease us...
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by Pascoe
That will, for yours truly, again be a meaningful differentiator. I can't stand having to hop over peoples' legs in the middle of the night. And neither do I like the dynamic of the screen being continually raised and lowered during meal / drinks service. I almost always go for a window seat so however annoying it is for me, must be worse for the aisle person. So 100% asile access and presumably a full seat redesign that would need to accompany it, would I think be a welcome if a tad overdue step from BA.

I assume even BA insiders haven't had sight of that seat design yet?? Or have they??

Cmon - tease us...
Details have been discussed on here. The screen is still staying, and you'll still need to be pretty slim to reach the aisle easily based on whats been discussed. As everything with BA, evolution rather than revolution, so no big seat re-design

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.