Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2019, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by mickputley
Hi member of executive club but just Blue Status.

Flying from San Francisco to London Heathrow on first class ticket - lounge access in San Francisco? Lounge access in London on arrival?

Flying from London Gatwick to Naples on first class ticket - lounge access in Gatwick?

Thanks for your help

M
Blue status provides zero access in its own right.
Everything is dependent on class of travel in your case.

SFO - BA Lounge facilities on departure due to class of travel. This is one large BA branded lounge for First and Club World passengers. As a First passenger you can additionally make use of preflight dining in the dedicated area within the lounge. This area is reserved for First passengers only.

LHR - T5 Arrivals lounge on arrival with optional internal access to the Concorde dining room for a la carte dining (reserved for F class passengers only)

LGW - if connecting same day from LHR for departure to NAP then you'll be entitled to F lounge access at LGW (just retain your SFO-LHR boarding pass for presentation to the lounge dragon).

There is no First Class flying within Europe so you'll more than likely be be flying to Naples in Club Europe (Business).

If breaking your journey in London for longer than same day connection you're able to use the Club lounge at Gatwick if booked in Club Europe. If booked in Economy then no lounge access is granted.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Nov 29, 2019 at 6:51 pm
Old Nov 30, 2019, 1:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mickputley
Hi member of executive club but just Blue Status.
I can't add anything to 1ATL's admirable reply, but I do want to welcome you to the BA forum on Flyertalk. I hope you have a really good trip to Naples, and that you will tell us all about it in due course. Welcome to the forum mickputley.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 11:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Does anyone have the PDF of the BA guidelines that sit at the desk? I used to have it but no idea where i filed it. Had a run-in this morning at arrivals lounge when dragon vehemently tried to deny my access to ccr breakfast room. She relented and then tried to cover her ... after i called ggl and passed the phone over. I would want to make sure i was in the right (i accessed always before but it didnt occur to me i could be in the wrong before)
Old Dec 2, 2019, 2:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Blue status provides zero access in its own right.
Everything is dependent on class of travel in your case.

SFO - BA Lounge facilities on departure due to class of travel. This is one large BA branded lounge for First and Club World passengers. As a First passenger you can additionally make use of preflight dining in the dedicated area within the lounge. This area is reserved for First passengers only.

LHR - T5 Arrivals lounge on arrival with optional internal access to the Concorde dining room for a la carte dining (reserved for F class passengers only)

LGW - if connecting same day from LHR for departure to NAP then you'll be entitled to F lounge access at LGW (just retain your SFO-LHR boarding pass for presentation to the lounge dragon).

There is no First Class flying within Europe so you'll more than likely be be flying to Naples in Club Europe (Business).

If breaking your journey in London for longer than same day connection you're able to use the Club lounge at Gatwick if booked in Club Europe. If booked in Economy then no lounge access is granted.
Question is.. If it's a same day connection.. Will he get access to the gallery first at lgw because he arrived in f at lhr?

Oops my bad.. Over read it. Sorry
Old Dec 2, 2019, 3:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Does anyone have the PDF of the BA guidelines that sit at the desk? I used to have it but no idea where i filed it. Had a run-in this morning at arrivals lounge when dragon vehemently tried to deny my access to ccr breakfast room. She relented and then tried to cover her ... after i called ggl and passed the phone over. I would want to make sure i was in the right (i accessed always before but it didnt occur to me i could be in the wrong before)
Yes you should get access to the arrivals lounge based on based on cabin or Executive Club tier eligibility (you were on CW and a GGL so that's covered). Once access has been granted through criteria above, CCR cardholders have access to the Concorde dining area with a guest.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 1:50 pm

Hi,
Sorry if this has been answered previously
A question on lounge access after a long haul club world ORD-LHR and connecting flight LHR-DUB in world traveller all on BA metal.
Will we have access to the lounge at LHR? This is on separate tickets.
Thanks
Old Dec 2, 2019, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Stujackson
Hi,
Sorry if this has been answered previously
A question on lounge access after a long haul club world ORD-LHR and connecting flight LHR-DUB in world traveller all on BA metal.
Will we have access to the lounge at LHR? This is on separate tickets.
Thanks

Hi,

Yes you will have access to galleries club ( keep hold of your CW boarding passes to show to the lounge receptionist

( LHR-DUB im Y is Euro traveller not world traveller for information)

Regards

TBS
Stujackson likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 1:58 pm

Thanks for that info
Old Dec 8, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Elemis access

Not a lounge question per se but about the Elemis treatments.

If one were to have a 6 hour stopover in LHR flying between 2 segments in F, can one get a treatment in the Arrivals lounge and another one in the Departures lounge?

Asking for a friend
Old Dec 8, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by shuttlerider
Not a lounge question per se but about the Elemis treatments.

If one were to have a 6 hour stopover in LHR flying between 2 segments in F, can one get a treatment in the Arrivals lounge and another one in the Departures lounge?

Asking for a friend
one treatment per pax only, so no your friend cannot have one in arrivals and one in A or B
shuttlerider likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
one treatment per pax only, so no your friend cannot have one in arrivals and one in A or B
Are you sure? I guess arrivals would be via inbound boarding pass and outbound (potentially 4-5 hours later) on a different outbound one? I thought it was one per boarding pass not per itinerary, but very possible I'm wrong
Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Setting aside any rule which may (?) limit the number of Elemis treatments per pax per day ...... given what a challenge it can be to book even one treatment, anyone who successfully manages to book two should definitely buy a lottery ticket the same day
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA
Hello all,

I have a question (and a quick search didn't pull up the answer!). I'm travelling from MAN to LHR on Saturday (arriving 16.00) and on a separate ticket, flying from LHR to LAX on Sunday at 15.00ish.

I am in CE from MAN, F from LHR and a GCH.

Will I be able to go through to departures on Saturday afternoon and access the First lounge?

Thanks - David.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by BCALDavid
Will I be able to go through to departures on Saturday afternoon and access the First lounge?

Thanks - David.
No.

Without a valid boarding pass for that day, you'll not get through into the departures area.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 11:41 am

Can someone clarify on this, I THINK i should have access to the BA Heathrow First Galleries lounge (T5).

Flying from Chicago -> London in First (BA Flight)
6 hour Layover
London to Bangalore in Club World (BA Flight) (no first available).

So because i'm arriving in First, I can access the First Lounges at LHR correct? It doesn't have to be departing on first right? I'm also Sapphire, but I don't think that really matters to this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.