Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2020, 3:54 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by KARFA
I agree, access at all four.

The connection at LHR when on the inbound will be same day unless the OP is overnighting at LHR before taking the final flight
Smart Aleck!

I admit I didn't look up the flight times, but was presuming EWR-LHR to be an overnight - do they do a day flight from EWR as well? If it is an overnight then technically it's on a different day, and I presume their MAN flight is not before 6am, and the quoted oneworld access wouldn't apply would it? Guess it depends on what they mean by "day of travel", when you departed or when you arrived?

However as noted we agree BA count it as same day, so all moot! Maybe it's all these days blending into one that means I can't work a calendar. Or I've had too much Speedbird!
KARFA likes this.
Old May 8, 2020, 3:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Smart Aleck!

I admit I didn't look up the flight times, but was presuming EWR-LHR to be an overnight - do they do a day flight from EWR as well? If it is an overnight then technically it's on a different day, and I presume their MAN flight is not before 6am, and the quoted oneworld access wouldn't apply would it? Guess it depends on what they mean by "day of travel", when you departed or when you arrived?

However as noted we agree BA count it as same day, so all moot! Maybe it's all these days blending into one that means I can't work a calendar. Or I've had too much Speedbird!
Haha

It is whether the connection itself is same day, so if you arrive from the US at 0800 and then depart to MAN at 1000 that is a same day connection.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old May 8, 2020, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Haha

It is whether the connection itself is same day, so if you arrive from the US at 0800 and then depart to MAN at 1000 that is a same day connection.
Good to know thanks, I'd always taken the oneworld rule to mean the (same) day of departure, so that's more generous if it's same day as arrival/connection
KARFA likes this.
Old May 8, 2020, 5:02 am

Thanks, all 4 is how I had interpreted it. Not too fussed about check-in, it'd just be a nice to have

How do I access the arrivals lounge whilst transiting?
Old May 8, 2020, 5:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Keiran Newberry
You just go out through immigration and baggage hall to landside. Follow the signs and go up one floor - as you exit take the left track and use the lifts right in front of you.

When you are done go up to check in floor and through security to get back airside. You need to ensure you get to security no later than 35 mins before your flight's scheduled departure time.
Old May 8, 2020, 5:20 am

I'm going to refer you to KARFA's superb "Connecting at Heathrow" guide for all the gory details:

A Guide to Connecting at LHR T5

And specifically:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25935798-post8.html

In brief my autopilot route is: Through the e-gates at immigration, down the escalator on the left side, past baggage carousels to exit landside, ignore the HEX hawkers , through the tiny "duty free", small double back to the lift and up to Floor 1.....

The one important caveat - you must make conformance, i.e. scan your onward boarding pass at T-35, so 35 minutes before your MAN flight departs or you will be offloaded. So if you are tight on time, go the conventional connections route as that gives you the opportunity to scan it more promptly. If you go landside to Arrivals, don't forget you need to be back airside in time, so that route is often only recommended when you have a more relaxed connection. In practice, the real frequent fliers here probably have it down to the minute knowing when to use what route.

ETA: Beaten to it. Oh well, he did write the book on it
KARFA and wilsnunn like this.
Old May 8, 2020, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
The arrivals lounge is landside in T5, you need to clear UK border and when you come into the arrival hall you go up a level to the arrivals lounge.

If I have a relatively short connection then I do not bother with the arrivals lounge.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:10 am

Travel companion access

Hi. I'm new to having a gold card. My partner has just gone down silver to bronze. If we're both on the same flight and on the same booking, can I guest them into a First lounge? Thanks.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Hi. I'm new to having a gold card. My partner has just gone down silver to bronze. If we're both on the same flight and on the same booking, can I guest them into a First lounge? Thanks.
Yes.

You can guest them even if they are on a different booking, or different flight (but must be a oneworld flight)
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Yes you can
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Yes, provided that 'them' is singular and not plural.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:20 am

Yes.

You can guest them even if they are on a different booking, or different flight (but must be a oneworld flight)
Thank you. If they dropped to blue that's OK also?
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Yes!
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:22 am

That's OK. Your guest doesn't even have to be in the Executive Club....

(They only have to be travelling on a oneworld flight, so in normal times when T3 was operating you could e.g. guest someone into any of the oneworld F lounges in T3 if they flying say Finnair, while you were flying BA)

​​​​
Old Jul 3, 2020, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
That's OK. Your guest doesn't even have to be in the Executive Club....

(They only have to be travelling on a oneworld flight, so in normal times when T3 was operating you could e.g. guest someone into any of the oneworld F lounges in T3 if they flying say Finnair, while you were flying BA)

​​​​
Aaaah, those T3 days...
BertieBadger and EDIwanderer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.