Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
There is a flyer talk BA board meet up thread but overt requests for lounge guesting are frowned upon.

Am sure your mother will enjoy the Club lounge though given your early flight time you won’t have a lot of time what ever lounge you access.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by The Geek
Your mother is so spritely, she is getting younger by the post.

Would love to help you out, but Mrs Geek and I aren't flying until 16:45 to MAD of all places to use a lil break away from the teens as an excuse to check out the new club suites. { Or was that the other way round. } Didn't relish the idea of the stupid o'clock flight you are on though.

:-)
Yeah I remembered she's not 73 until a few days into the break !!
Thanks for the reply.
Didn't realise the lounge only opened at 5am along with bag drop so won:t have really any time in any lounge !!
Old Oct 2, 2019, 5:01 am
McG

Programs: BAEC
I passed through the TP threshold for Silver overnight.
The BA website shows Bronze but Silver achieved. The BA app shows Bronze but only 3 of 4 qualifying flights - I believe this is a bug in the app as I have flown 16 sectors with BA or on a BA codeshare.

I have a flight later tonight from LGW. Will I be able to access the lounge?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by McG
I passed through the TP threshold for Silver overnight.
The BA website shows Bronze but Silver achieved. The BA app shows Bronze but only 3 of 4 qualifying flights - I believe this is a bug in the app as I have flown 16 sectors with BA or on a BA codeshare.

I have a flight later tonight from LGW. Will I be able to access the lounge?
So, this gets asked in some variation or another quite frequently. The timescale is usually that your TPs will post after a couple of days, and the app/website will say "[next level] achieved" but still shows the current level. It will usually take one more day for the status change to fully reflect in the app & website. You may want to try logging out and in again to see if it helps, but it probably won't update until tomorrow.

Now, formally, you're not Silver until BA says you are - and that's when their systems update to reflect that fact. Until that point, you have no formal entitlement to lounge usage purely based on status.

In practice however, many people have reported success by the procedure of showing the earned TPs to the lounge guardians and politely requesting access on the basis that the system simply hasn't updated yet. Acceptance is by no means universal - but anecdotally I've seen more reports of success than failure and I would think LGW is more likely to have a positive outcome as well. If you are unfortunately refused you should of course accept it with good grace, since as noted, the entitlement doesn't exist until the system fully updates.
McG likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 9:34 am

We are travelling DUB-LHR-MIA on Avios reward flights. DUB-LHR is in EuroTraveller with LHR-MIA in Club World.

I read that access is granted to lounges on short haul segments when connecting to a qualifying Long Haul flight in Club,

Will I therefore be granted access to the lounge in DUB given it is not a BA operated lounge ?
Old Oct 11, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Gatwick BA Lounge - Iberia Express Flight

I am BA Gold so on my Iberia Express, booked as a BA codeshare (BA7289), I should get access to the First class lounge I assume even though I2 is technically not Oneworld?

Secondly I have a friend on the same flight, separate booking and no status. He is booked as an Iberia codeshare (IB3717), not I2. So as his flight number is IB (not I2) can I take him as a guest into the F lounge?

Thanks.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
For what I know there should be no problem with lounge access and guesting in this case.
george77300 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 4:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by george77300
I am BA Gold so on my Iberia Express, booked as a BA codeshare (BA7289), I should get access to the First class lounge I assume even though I2 is technically not Oneworld?

Secondly I have a friend on the same flight, separate booking and no status. He is booked as an Iberia codeshare (IB3717), not I2. So as his flight number is IB (not I2) can I take him as a guest into the F lounge?

Thanks.
I2 are a oneworld affiliate (like KA is) so normal lounge access would apply.
george77300 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 8:24 pm

I lost my BA Silver but managed to swing AA platinum (sapphire) through a status challenge.

Right now I have my seats selected for my next trip as a sapphire using my AA number.

But I think I'll earn a lot more miles with BA so I'm thinking of switching The FF number to BA.

I shouldn't expect any problem at the lounge if my boarding pass is my BA blue but I have the card for my AA account should I?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
When somebody has been guested into the lounge can they then enter on their own accord later on? i.e. if I guest somebody in and then my flight leaves, they leave the lounge to do something but then head back afterwards, will they be allowed in given that they have already been in earlier on that day?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by zkzkz
I lost my BA Silver but managed to swing AA platinum (sapphire) through a status challenge.

Right now I have my seats selected for my next trip as a sapphire using my AA number.

But I think I'll earn a lot more miles with BA so I'm thinking of switching The FF number to BA.

I shouldn't expect any problem at the lounge if my boarding pass is my BA blue but I have the card for my AA account should I?
Pretty sure there will not be any issues with this. I have not done it personally but have seen mention of it here before a few times.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 11:42 pm

Programs: Once upon a time...
I think the answer is yes, but the charts are so confused I figured I'd ask.

Flying out of JFK in a couple of weeks with a friend who's AA Executive Platinum (Emerald) and we're flying US domestic in business. AA won't give us lounge access, but if I'm reading the rules correctly, we would be able to access the BA First Lounge in T7 assuming TSA would let us through? We have a ton of time to kill, that's why I asked.

Thanks in advance for clarification, apologies if this has been covered and I missed it.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by veeRob

Flying out of JFK in a couple of weeks with a friend who's AA Executive Platinum (Emerald) and we're flying US domestic in business. AA won't give us lounge access, but if I'm reading the rules correctly, we would be able to access the BA First Lounge in T7 assuming TSA would let us through? We have a ton of time to kill, that's why I asked.

Thanks in advance for clarification, apologies if this has been covered and I missed it.
yes. good idea.

gotta realize .. BA does not have TSA pre. you gotta take out everything from the bag. just leave the shoes on :-)

you can still use the first and C line
Old Oct 31, 2019, 12:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by veeRob

Which airline are you flying on?
Old Oct 31, 2019, 12:54 am

Programs: Once upon a time...
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
yes. good idea.

gotta realize .. BA does not have TSA pre. you gotta take out everything from the bag. just leave the shoes on :-)

you can still use the first and C line
Great tip, thank you. Maybe we'll lighten our loads by checking a bag at T8 before going through security at T7, hmmm...

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Which airline are you flying on?
AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.