Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2019, 12:57 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by veeRob
I think the answer is yes, but the charts are so confused I figured I'd ask.

Flying out of JFK in a couple of weeks with a friend who's AA Executive Platinum (Emerald) and we're flying US domestic in business. AA won't give us lounge access, but if I'm reading the rules correctly, we would be able to access the BA First Lounge in T7 assuming TSA would let us through? We have a ton of time to kill, that's why I asked.

Thanks in advance for clarification, apologies if this has been covered and I missed it.
Without any foundation I’d speculate the chances of a rubber glove interaction would be high. Accessing international terminal when not flying from there, with the renowned customer friendly TSA...

Base case would be getting turned away I think. How’s the bar in the TWA hotel these days?
Old Oct 31, 2019, 1:04 am

Programs: Once upon a time...
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Without any foundation I’d speculate the chances of a rubber glove interaction would be high. Accessing international terminal when not flying from there, with the renowned customer friendly TSA...

Base case would be getting turned away I think. How’s the bar in the TWA hotel these days?
Oooh, now that's a stellar idea as well. We could definitely do a drink at the TWA hotel if the lounge plan doesn't work out. Or even if it does.

Can we really call T7 an international terminal? Aren't all the terminals at JFK a mix of domestic & international terminals? I've had pretty good success with terminal hopping at many airports without much bother. But many airports may not = JFK.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 4:08 pm

Mixed class itinerary

I am hoping you can help clarify lounge access policy ....

I will be traveling on two connecting long-haul BA flights - first from JNB to LHR (T5) in Club World, then LHR (T3) to YVR in Premium Economy.
Since I have a ten-hour layover in LHR, I'm wondering about lounge access with my mixed class itinerary.
It appears I would have access to the Arrivals Lounge. Is that correct? And if so, can I access the Arrivals Lounge in either T5 or T3?
And will I have access to the Departures Lounge in T3?

Thanks for your help.

iii Change log

The following changes have been incorporated to this iteration of the BA lounge access guidelines thread
  • removed reference to Business UK tickets
  • added notes to post 3 re. Gold/GGL access on BA marketed/non-oneworld operated flights
  • updated Bronze card images
  • updated chart in posts 2
  • updated diagrams in post 4
  • added references to Concorde Bar access
  • added references to Concorde Dining access

[/QUOTE]
Old Nov 2, 2019, 4:29 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You would have access to the arrivals lounge in T5 (note it closes at 2pm), but not to the AA arrivals lounge in T3.

technically as you are doing long haul to long haul you don’t get access to the oneworld lounges in T3 (CX, AA, QF) as oneworld rules are only for long haul to sub 5 hour flight. It may be worth trying and be ready to show your inbound J bp.

BA’s own lounge rules seem to allow for entry based on inbound cabin for a long haul to long haul so you should be ok to enter the BA J lounge in T3.

EDI: and also welcome to FT agj58!

Last edited by KARFA; Nov 3, 2019 at 1:33 am
Old Nov 2, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by veeRob
Oooh, now that's a stellar idea as well. We could definitely do a drink at the TWA hotel if the lounge plan doesn't work out. Or even if it does.

Can we really call T7 an international terminal? Aren't all the terminals at JFK a mix of domestic & international terminals? I've had pretty good success with terminal hopping at many airports without much bother. But many airports may not = JFK.
Again. It is not a problem at all.
I was arriving at t8 AA domestic to continue on Finnair to help from t8 as well. Had 5 hours so I went over to t7 and told the by the way extremely friendly security ladies I would like to spend some time in the CCR. First try my phone boarding pass wasn't working. I went back to Finnair t8 and returned in flat 18 min with a new one. So everything is easy. Second officer nice, too. Just no tsa pre for T7!
Old Nov 3, 2019, 1:56 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Scenario 5 and 6 both say the same:

Scenario 6
Transit from a short haul flight in CE or ET to a qualifying long haul flight in First
Scenario 6 needs to be changed to:

Scenario 6
Transit from a long haul flight in First to a short haul flight in CE or ET

Last edited by greg5; Nov 3, 2019 at 2:00 am Reason: long haul short haul switch needed.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I think I understand the rules as described in this very helpful thread, but just want to confirm.

Traveling MCT-LHR-ARN on a purchased J ticket. MCT-ARN segment is upgraded to F using avios. I am BA Gold (and AA EXP).
My girlfriend is traveling CLT-(AA)-LHR-(BA)-ARN on an AA award ticket in Y. (I hate allowing her to travel in Y, but sometimes one has no choice!) She has no status.

If we choose to go landside at LHR, I obviously will have arrivals lounge access, but cannot guest her in. Correct?
Airside at LHR, I can access the Concorde Lounge and the F lounge, and can guest her in to either (or both), correct?
If we do go landside at LHR, I can guest her into the F check-in/security screening area with me, correct?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by Blumie
I think I understand the rules as described in this very helpful thread, but just want to confirm.

Traveling MCT-LHR-ARN on a purchased J ticket. MCT-ARN segment is upgraded to F using avios. I am BA Gold (and AA EXP).
My girlfriend is traveling CLT-(AA)-LHR-(BA)-ARN on an AA award ticket in Y. (I hate allowing her to travel in Y, but sometimes one has no choice!) She has no status.

If we choose to go landside at LHR, I obviously will have arrivals lounge access, but cannot guest her in. Correct?
Airside at LHR, I can access the Concorde Lounge and the F lounge, and can guest her in to either (or both), correct?
If we do go landside at LHR, I can guest her into the F check-in/security screening area with me, correct?
Sounds about right to me.. No guest in arrival unless you are ggl
And lhr arrival and ARN have to be on the same day
Old Nov 21, 2019, 11:56 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Wife (GCH) and I (GGL/CCR) are travelling with a friend (SCH) from T5. Current plan is that we (wife and I) will head first to CCR for the better breakfast options - then when my friend arrives we both will move to GF (we will staying overnight near LHR after arriving from PKX, and my friend always arrives late..)

In that case as I will already have guested my wife into the CCR - can I still then guest my friend into GF? I know that I can guest two people into GF as a GGL - but can I still guest one person in to GF after using the CCR guesting privilege? It seems reasonable to me that this should be allowed, but always best to ask if in any doubt.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by GinFizz
Wife (GCH) and I (GGL/CCR) are travelling with a friend (SCH) from T5. Current plan is that we (wife and I) will head first to CCR for the better breakfast options - then when my friend arrives we both will move to GF (we will staying overnight near LHR after arriving from PKX, and my friend always arrives late..)

In that case as I will already have guested my wife into the CCR - can I still then guest my friend into GF? I know that I can guest two people into GF as a GGL - but can I still guest one person in to GF after using the CCR guesting privilege? It seems reasonable to me that this should be allowed, but always best to ask if in any doubt.
GGL can take up to five guests into GF and GC as long as all are on the same flight as the GGL member.
GinFizz likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 11:35 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
GGL can take up to five guests into GF and GC as long as all are on the same flight as the GGL member.
Thanks - I had forgotten about that. Thinking again about this though it should be okay, as my wife can also guest our friend into GF even if the system cannot decide how many guest I have left after using up one for the CCR visit ...
Old Nov 23, 2019, 2:13 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by greg5
Scenario 5 and 6 both say the same:

Scenario 6 needs to be changed:
I think you are right, I made the point too: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31573726-post608.html

Not sure what the best way to flag up changes is.
greg5 likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
I think you are right, I made the point too: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31573726-post608.html

Not sure what the best way to flag up changes is.
Maybe mentioning Prospero will work?
Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:11 am

Just adding a data point here, as I've just gone through TFW, and am currently sitting in the CCR on separate tickets, with my next flight in ET.

TFW access is fine by showing the arriving flight's boarding pass. Access to security and CCR worked with the ET flight's boarding pass. Though, I reckon it's good to keep the arriving boarding card available.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Lounge Access on Blue Status

Hi member of executive club but just Blue Status.

Flying from San Francisco to London Heathrow on first class ticket - lounge access in San Francisco? Lounge access in London on arrival?

Flying from London Gatwick to Naples on first class ticket - lounge access in Gatwick?

Thanks for your help

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.