Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Slightly better than some of the other ideas above, though though only you can answer the question as to whether it is worth it.

But let me give you another, since you've spent quite a lot of money on the tickets and hotels (etc) so far. Why not book the Plaza Premium lounge for the whole family - not Aspire - and use that instead? It's not CCR but it is quite a good lounge overall, and has good views on to the apron, and you can all stick together, go off shopping together or separately. It can be booked in advance, they don't take Priority Pass, I think some Amex cards work to give free entry.
Thank you for the suggestions, good to hear that my proposal are slightly better now My wife wants to have a Cabana and a Elemis SPA treatment so I guess it is best she do what she likes to do...

I have loungekey which gives me access to Aspire lounge, but I heard that is always full. Good tip to pay access to Plaza Premium, but since I am alone with them I rather go to the hotel for a few hours where we have a hotel room and I can also shower and relax. I know the hotel have a restaurant with children meals so we can eat there also.

I just checked Plaza Premium and there is a limit to 2 children per adult. Then I need to pay for my wife also just to get the children in there

Since we are transitting, we need to clear security again anyway at LHR.

Last edited by TravelManBiz; Aug 7, 2019 at 2:51 am
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
OK. Now here is my little tricky bending the rules proposal.. I would all together immigrate to Britain.
Than all together use the first wing. One f ticket. One gold card.. If you guys behave and look decent I doubt they will turn one child down.
I would then be in galleries f with everyone.
Would threaten the children to behave or they get their phones suspended..
And then I would go with your wife.. Well. You would go with your wife in the ccr.
That is a decent plan that pretty sure will work if you look nice and are thankfully friendly.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Again it depends on how old the children are and all the OP has said is that they are 'quite old' which isn't exactly helpful when we are trying to give accurate advice and workable options
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Again it depends on how old the children are and all the OP has said is that they are 'quite old' which isn't exactly helpful when we are trying to give accurate advice and workable options
They are 7, 11 and 13 when we fly
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by TravelManBiz

They are 7, 11 and 13 when we fly
Oops. Hmmm
Quite old.. For. Me Was like 15,17 and 19. Haha..

Guess I draw back on my proposal
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
Oops. Hmmm
Quite old.. For. Me Was like 15,17 and 19. Haha..

Guess I draw back on my proposal
No seriously. If you think your kids can be alone in a lounge.. I would all go thru first wing. Let ur wife go ahead to ccr.. Spend some time with the kids. And then have her guest u in..
TravelManBiz likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
I don’t think you can leave any children in the lounge under age 18 as alcohol is available free-pour. They would need to be supervised by somebody 18+.
testycal and tilal6991 like this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
I am planning a tier points run from AMS to LGW and back on the same day. I can upgrade the AMS-LGW flight for a reasonable amount to CE which implies that I can access the lounge in AMS but also in LGW? It looks like scenario 3 but technically it's not a transfer but the return leg. If I can spend the layover in LGW in the lounge before the return flight in ET I'll definitely book the outbound in Club.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
I am planning a tier points run from AMS to LGW and back on the same day. I can upgrade the AMS-LGW flight for a reasonable amount to CE which implies that I can access the lounge in AMS but also in LGW? It looks like scenario 3 but technically it's not a transfer but the return leg. If I can spend the layover in LGW in the lounge before the return flight in ET I'll definitely book the outbound in Club.
No you won't get lounge access on the return flight (no technically about it) back to AMS because as you say it is the return leg in a different cabin and not a connection from another flight where you were in a lounge eligible cabin.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:39 am

I tried to sift through the previous 40 pages to see if there’s an answer to my quick query, but couldn’t find one. Most of the scenarios that come up in this thread as well as in the excellent guide here concern connections between longhaul and shorthaul flights; what if one is flying into
LHR in Club on one longhaul flight and connecting to another longhaul flight the same day but in WT+? Can the passenger access the Club lounge in between the flights? The oneworld rules seem to suggest not, but I don’t know if BA allows this in its own lounges for its own flights.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by prof
I tried to sift through the previous 40 pages to see if there’s an answer to my quick query, but couldn’t find one. Most of the scenarios that come up in this thread as well as in the excellent guide here concern connections between longhaul and shorthaul flights; what if one is flying into
LHR in Club on one longhaul flight and connecting to another longhaul flight the same day but in WT+? Can the passenger access the Club lounge in between the flights? The oneworld rules seem to suggest not, but I don’t know if BA allows this in its own lounges for its own flights.
Yes you are right the oneworld rules only cover connections between long haul and short haul. However, BA rules do provide access at the connection point when connection between long haul flights based on the inbound cabin. So in your example of arriving in CW and departing same day in WTP you would get access based on the inbound CW (keep hold of your CW bp as you may need to show it) and you get access to the GC lounges.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes you are right the oneworld rules only cover connections between long haul and short haul. However, BA rules do provide access at the connection point when connection between long haul flights based on the inbound cabin. So in your example of arriving in CW and departing same day in WTP you would get access based on the inbound CW (keep hold of your CW bp as you may need to show it) and you get access to the GC lounges.
many thanks KARFA; I forgot to add that these are separate tickets—don’t know if that matters.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: BA GGL
Quick q I'm sure someone can help me answer.
BA GCH. I know this gives me access to Cathay First at HKG.
I have a colleague also flying. However I'm on BA, he's on CX and headed to a different international destination. Also holds no status.
Am I able to guest him as my +1? Never had this mix before so never tried.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 6:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Quick q I'm sure someone can help me answer.
BA GCH. I know this gives me access to Cathay First at HKG.
I have a colleague also flying. However I'm on BA, he's on CX and headed to a different international destination. Also holds no status.
Am I able to guest him as my +1? Never had this mix before so never tried.
yes, as long as he is on a oneworld operated & marketed flight (which it sounds like he is) you can guest him in to the F lounges.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold
Did I read that one can't access the Concorde Room if arriving at T5 from INV and departing to MIA from T3 in F?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.