Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2021, 1:23 pm

AA flights from T5 are considered equivalent to BA ones under the JV, so all lounge access rules are fully aligned. There will be no issue.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 8:35 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR
Now that Qatar is operating from T5, I have a couple of lounge related questions.

I'm a GGL and have CCR card, so do I have access to the Concorde Room when departing T5 in any class on Qatar?

If I arrive into T5 on Qatar, will I have access to the BA Arrivals lounge?
Old Nov 6, 2021, 8:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Anfield
Now that Qatar is operating from T5, I have a couple of lounge related questions.

I'm a GGL and have CCR card, so do I have access to the Concorde Room when departing T5 in any class on Qatar?

If I arrive into T5 on Qatar, will I have access to the BA Arrivals lounge?
not sure on arrivals, but yes you have access to the CCR when departing.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR
Originally Posted by KARFA
not sure on arrivals, but yes you have access to the CCR when departing.
Thanks for confirming. I suspect I won't have access to the Arrivals lounge as there is no mention of oneworld partner pax having access, though I may be wrong. Qualified AA pax do seem to have access.

I was also very surprised that I could order champagne in the lounge last month as it always used to be a dry lounge.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 11:56 am
formerly JackDann

I'm departing T5 in F on QR. Will this get me access to CCR?

Also, i'm flying back the same, but then am transferring onto EI at T2 - what would my best lounge option be (Got a few hours)?
Old Nov 30, 2021, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by JackDann
I'm departing T5 in F on QR. Will this get me access to CCR?

Also, i'm flying back the same, but then am transferring onto EI at T2 - what would my best lounge option be (Got a few hours)?
CCR LHR is only for BA and AA passengers, per https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=LHR. You can use the Galleries First lounge (or any of the Galleries Club lounges). You will need to check-in at Zone A for QR, but can use the First Wing in Zone J if you so wish to access the Galleries South lounge complex.

Lounge access at T2 when departing on EI is determined by EI rules, as EI is not a oneworld airline per https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-inf...-lounge-access. If you're a BA Gold or Silver member, you can also use the EI lounge per https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/0...r-card-status/.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 1:38 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by Genius1
CCR LHR is only for BA and AA passengers, per https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=LHR. You can use the Galleries First lounge (or any of the Galleries Club lounges). You will need to check-in at Zone A for QR, but can use the First Wing in Zone J if you so wish to access the Galleries South lounge complex.

Lounge access at T2 when departing on EI is determined by EI rules, as EI is not a oneworld airline per https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-inf...-lounge-access. If you're a BA Gold or Silver member, you can also use the EI lounge per https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/0...r-card-status/.
Thank you for this. That’s a shame really. I won’t get be able to use the First Wing either as am departing from BHD.

Looks like not a very First Class ground experience from the look of things both on departure and arrival.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 1:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I would say arriving on a domestic flight and not having to do security at all is even better than using the first wing.
EDIwanderer and MatJarosz like this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 2:11 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by KARFA
I would say arriving on a domestic flight and not having to do security at all is even better than using the first wing.
That will largely depend on the check experience at BHD tbh. Obviously this was going to be the case anyway when I booked the tickets, but just taking note that it makes no difference to me.

I think it's fair to say that the ground experience for me will be pretty 'Meh' considering flying out and back in to Heathrow in First class and only able to use Galleries Lounge on the way out and no lounge at all on the way back.

I could have opted for a connection 2 hrs later on BA on my return, and i'd have obviously got lounge access as flying CE but decided to go for the earlier EI flight. Starting to think with having to transfer over to T2 and no lounge maybe should have stuck with BA. Oh well.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I think it's fair to say that the ground experience for me will be pretty 'Meh' considering flying out and back in to Heathrow in First class and only able to use Galleries Lounge on the way out and no lounge at all on the way back.
For clarity, you can use the Galleries First lounge which is a little nicer than the Galleries Club lounges, but admittedly not like the CCR.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 4:06 am
formerly JackDann

For clarity, you can use the Galleries First lounge which is a little nicer than the Galleries Club lounges, but admittedly not like the CCR.
Yeah thanks, used it when Club lounges were closed due to Covid. Was hopeful for a new experience at T5, is what it is! I'd probably had rather have been able to use the QR lounge in T4 (Although i'm not sure this was ever the case when flying on the A380).
Old Dec 1, 2021, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah thanks, used it when Club lounges were closed due to Covid. Was hopeful for a new experience at T5, is what it is! I'd probably had rather have been able to use the QR lounge in T4 (Although i'm not sure this was ever the case when flying on the A380).
The QR Premium lounge in T4 is excellent - similar to the CCR in terms of service and exclusivity. Not that that helps you at the moment! On the plus side, if you're returning in F from DOH, you'll be able to use the extravagant QR Al Safwa First lounge.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 5:22 am
formerly JackDann

The QR Premium lounge in T4 is excellent - similar to the CCR in terms of service and exclusivity. Not that that helps you at the moment! On the plus side, if you're returning in F from DOH, you'll be able to use the extravagant QR Al Safwa First lounge.
Indeed - I used it when flying MH a few years back and it was superb, was disappointed when I saw we were departing from T5!

Yeah, I was over on the QR forum and having a look at the lounge requirements which seems slightly confusing atm but some great choices.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 1:53 am

Programs: BA - Bronze, Hilton - Platinum
Posted in error

Last edited by Coakers; Jan 13, 2022 at 1:55 am Reason: Posted in error
Old Jan 29, 2022, 5:43 am

I'm hoping to achieve Silver when I arrive in SFO on 3rd March (560 TP's). On my return to LHR on 10th March am I right in thinking I will be able to access the T5 Arrivals lounge? Flights are all I or J on BA or AA with a BA flight number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.