BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2020, 6:11 pm

Programs: BAEC
Wrong thread!

Last edited by u01sss3; Jul 10, 2020 at 6:37 pm
Old Aug 12, 2020, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Anyone had any luck guesting more than one member of a travelling group via F Wing security and FLounge?

Might have to slum it in the GC lounge for a change if not..
Old Jan 13, 2021, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Looking at travel late this year, I am a BA Silver traveling PSA-LHR-IAD (Euro Traveler connecting to World Traveler Plus). I will have my wife and two children (ages 7 and 11) traveling on the same flights.

I understand I can guest my wife into the Galleries Lounge during our layover at LHR T5, but how about the two accompanied children? Will they be allowed entry as well?
Old Jan 13, 2021, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by geo1005
Looking at travel late this year, I am a BA Silver traveling PSA-LHR-IAD (Euro Traveler connecting to World Traveler Plus). I will have my wife and two children (ages 7 and 11) traveling on the same flights.

I understand I can guest my wife into the Galleries Lounge during our layover at LHR T5, but how about the two accompanied children? Will they be allowed entry as well?
Not under the standard lounge access rules, no. You can bring one guest, it doesn’t have to be your wife though.
geo1005 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 6:44 am
tor

If I have two separate bookings, long haul first, and economy on the domestic, can I use the Concorde room in LHR?(supposing post-covid have the same rules are pre-covid)

e.g.

JFK -> LHR (First)

then

LHR -> EDI (Economy)

on a separate ticket on the same day.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 6:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tor
If I have two separate bookings, long haul first, and economy on the domestic, can I use the Concorde room in LHR?(supposing post-covid have the same rules are pre-covid)

e.g.

JFK -> LHR (First)

then

LHR -> EDI (Economy)

on a separate ticket on the same day.
Yes that would be fine. You can use the CCR in JFK and at LHR. You will need to show your inbound F bp at LHR to get access so keep hold of it.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 3:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue Petroleum, BA Exec Club
I recall a number of years back (2016?) that a domestic booking into the "Y" fare class and possibly "B" allowed access to Galleries. Am I right in saying this has now stopped? I seem to recall it tied in with the changes to domestic bookings being classed as ET.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 3:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ABZLocal
I recall a number of years back (2016?) that a domestic booking into the "Y" fare class and possibly "B" allowed access to Galleries. Am I right in saying this has now stopped? I seem to recall it tied in with the changes to domestic bookings being classed as ET.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, this stopped when Club Europe was introduced to domestic services.
KARFA and ABZLocal like this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 11:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Rewards, BAPP
Alaska Airlines lounge access

Good afternoon,

I currently have flights with Alaska Airlines all around the US west coast in January. I have only just realised that AS are now full oneworld members but I'm having trouble trying to work out which, if any, lounges I should have access too.

I will be visiting SEA, LAX, SFO and probably PDX all domestically. The AS website only seems to offer access if AA or AS earned status and on certain routes. I'm BAEC Gold so may have a problem with that.

Has anyone had any recent experience with AS or any ideas?

Cheers

AQ
Old Sep 23, 2021, 11:12 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by alwaysquestions
Good afternoon,

I currently have flights with Alaska Airlines all around the US west coast in January. I have only just realised that AS are now full oneworld members but I'm having trouble trying to work out which, if any, lounges I should have access too.

I will be visiting SEA, LAX, SFO and probably PDX all domestically. The AS website only seems to offer access if AA or AS earned status and on certain routes. I'm BAEC Gold so may have a problem with that.

Has anyone had any recent experience with AS or any ideas?

Cheers

AQ
I have been in the SEA, LAX and SFO lounges in the last 10 days as a BA card holder flying AS. You will have access to all their lounges. You'll also have access to the AA ones too if needed. The decent Qantas lounges at LAX are still closed. I know that because I walked over there to check it out. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 11:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Rewards, BAPP
golfmad,

Thanks ever so much for that, I've got some longish layovers and I'll want to get some work done.

Cheers

AQ
Old Sep 23, 2021, 11:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by alwaysquestions
golfmad,

Thanks ever so much for that, I've got some longish layovers and I'll want to get some work done.

Cheers

AQ
The lounges are good, plenty of power sockets and decent WiFi. Good food and beverages including a pancake machine.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:10 am

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
BA.com, this thread and the covering letter enclosing my CCR card all say access to the CCR lounge requires one to be 'flying with British Airways' or travelling 'on a BA flight'. Does anyone know whether flying in F on an AA flight LHR-JFK (which I think currently goes from T5) under a BA codeshare qualifies for access? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by CCayley; Oct 20, 2021 at 8:10 am Reason: Typo
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by CCayley
BA.com, this thread and the covering letter enclosing my CCR card all say access to the CCR lounge requires one to be 'flying with British Airways' or travelling 'on a BA flight'. Does anyone know whether flying in F on an AA flight LHR-JFK (which I think currently goes from T5) under a BA codeshare qualifies for access? Thanks in advance.

hi

I belive it has been mentioned here that AA F pax to JFK ( it is from t5 all other aa flights are now from t3) get CCR access

Regards

Tbs
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CCayley
In the lounge eligibility guide it was clear the CCR card allowed access to the CCR when on any oneworld airline, and as far as I know the same criteria applies to GGLs now they have access. So I don't see you having an issue if on AA in any cabin from T5. I think there have been reports that AA F allows access anyway.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.