Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Yongie
I know there's a thin chance, but still want to ask: I am holding BA Gold outbound from LHR in CW, inbound (different date) back to LHR in F, both legs on the same reservation. Can I access CCR in LHR on departure day?
If it is within about 24 hours of arrival then you may well be allowed access. If it's a lot more then you will have to slum it in Flounge.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If it is within about 24 hours of arrival then you may well be allowed access. If it's a lot more then you will have to slum it in Flounge.
More than 24 hours, in fact 20 days apart. lol. Fair enough. First lounge will be good enough ;-)
Old Feb 6, 2020, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by squawk
AA platinum is, as I understand it, OneWorld Sapphire - which would grant you access to the BA Galleries business lounges. If you have entered your AA frequent flier number on your booking then your status ought to be on your boarding pass. That, and/or whatever “virtual” cards the AA app provides, should work even if you don’t have the physical cards.

edit: just realised your onward flight is Aer Lingus (I guess T2?), which is not a full OneWorld member and has some funny rules about lounge access even from BA... so you may wish to check with someone more knowledgeable than I!
I overhead something like that on my way into the EDI lounge the other day where staff said politely he wasn't allowed to enter. I would have guested him in myself but he was being a bit aggressive/DYKWIA so left him to it.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
On the assumption that this is a same-day connection, then yes: you should have access to the Galleries Club lounges at LHR T5. This is because you seem to fit into scenario 4 in this post (albeit in the reverse direction): BA lounge access guidelines

There are three of these lounges, but AIUI Galleries Club North in the main building (T5A) is likely to be the most convenient for you because it's likely that your LHR-INV flight will depart from the north end of the terminal (low-numbered A gates). This lounge is at the same level as security in the main building. Turn left when you exit security and walk all the way to the end of the building.

If you want to clear to landside on arrival, you can also use the Arrivals Lounge before clearing security back to airside.
Yes it is same day, and I have about a 4 hour connection. Do I fit into being 75K? Or can I use other OW lounges upon arrival?
Old Feb 7, 2020, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Do I fit into being 75K? Or can I use other OW lounges upon arrival?
There are no other OW lounges at T5, and you don't have time to try to get to any other terminal.

But I don't know what you mean by "75K".
Old Feb 7, 2020, 2:02 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
There are no other OW lounges at T5, and you don't have time to try to get to any other terminal.
Does DEN arrive at T3? Would that bring the AA arrivals lounge into scope? I admit I'm not 100% on the situation there for a non-status passenger in BA J

(Also baffled by 75K I admit)
Old Feb 7, 2020, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Does DEN arrive at T3? Would that bring the AA arrivals lounge into scope?
Sorry, yes - I though that DEN had moved but I see I was wrong about that. ISTR that the AA Arrivals Lounge is then the nominated arrivals lounge if the OP wants to go landside. But I have myself used the BA Arrivals Lounge at T5 in this situation.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 2:22 am

Programs: BA - Bronze , IHG - Spire Ambassador, Hilton - Diamond
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Does DEN arrive at T3? Would that bring the AA arrivals lounge into scope? I admit I'm not 100% on the situation there for a non-status passenger in BA J

(Also baffled by 75K I admit)
Flights from DEN do arrive at T3, and I believe the AA arrivals is open to passengers on any Oneworld flight in J.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:06 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur

But I don't know what you mean by "75K".
Alaska MVP 75K, it's in the poster's profile.

In this case there looks to be access to Galleries Club Lounges. Which is pretty nice considering we BAEC members don't get reciprocal lounge privileges.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by greg5
Alaska MVP 75K, it's in the poster's profile.
I see now, thank you. I think that part of the page can't be seen on the mobile site - although even when it can be seen, it's often useless for being (shall we say) inaccurate, so I think many of us ignore it.
The _Banking_Scot and greg5 like this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Lounge access

I'll be flying World Traveller Plus from ORD to LHR and on to HYD in club world. For now, I am a Bronze member with BA. I wanted to know if I will get lounge access at the BA lounge at ORD.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Manan Agarwal
I'll be flying World Traveller Plus from ORD to LHR and on to HYD in club world. For now, I am a Bronze member with BA. I wanted to know if I will get lounge access at the BA lounge at ORD.
deleted
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Manan Agarwal
Hi Manan, welcome to the forum.

You won't get lounge access in ORD unfortunately. Only in LHR.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
and the really unfortunate thing is that of you were CW from ORD to LHR connecting to WT+ to HYD same day then you would have got lounge access at both ORD and LHR
Old Feb 11, 2020, 4:26 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Travelling with the wife and kids soon. Only I have BAEC Silver, would I be able to guest my wife into the lounge, while I take the kids down to soft play (I think from memory there is some such thing by gate A2 at LHR)? Would save me an absolute fortune in coffee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.