Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
BA850, LHR ✈ WAW, 2018-02-02 @ 11:30 - lunch service

Food menu:

Starter - 3 pieces of smoked salmon:

Main - cod fillet with mash and veggie:

Mains are pre-plated now, so that's the reason they don't look nice any more. I miss pre-changes times when all mains were plated by the crew.

Mixed Fleet crew - a novelty for me on this route - meal service was completed by the time we've reached Amsterdam!
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:23 pm

BA851, WAW ✈ LHR, 2018-02-04 @ 19:45 - dinner service

Food menu:

Starter - infamous 3 prawns cut in half to look like 6:

Main - chicken tikka masala - same as I had on a flight to Helsinki in January:

I didn't like the starter, but chicken tikka was delicious!
I really miss the ET crew - on a dinner service there were no meals offered before the meal; no cutlery with the starter - had to ask for it; service very slow as crew looked like they were not familiar with the service routine; bread rolls offered with the main... no coffee or tea offered, no drink top ups - anything one wanted required a button press. Service completed by when we've reached Amsterdam...
Old Feb 6, 2018, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by megaloman

I had exactly the same on LHR FCO on Saturday. Mine wasn't even as pretty as yours, perhaps my fish couldn't swim!

Old Feb 6, 2018, 2:44 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Mains are pre-plated now, so that's the reason they don't look nice any more. I miss pre-changes times when all mains were plated by the crew.

[/QUOTE]

If you call tipping a pot of whatever onto a plate "plating" good for you. I prefer it the way that it is.

Mixed Fleet crew - a novelty for me on this route - meal service was completed by the time we've reached Amsterdam!

Grief what did they do? Throw it at you? I'll bet there were few aboard or they didn't do a pre-lunch drinks service.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 3:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Am I correctly assuming that my upcoming flight to HEL (11FEB) will be rotation B and therefore this?

Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
If you call tipping a pot of whatever onto a plate "plating" good for you. I prefer it the way that it is.
Plates looked a lot less messy and they were not hot.

Grief what did they do? Throw it at you? I'll bet there were few aboard or they didn't do a pre-lunch drinks service.
5 rows of CE, they did the pre-meal drink run, but all was rushed. By the time we've got to Amsterdam (40 minutes from departure) the service was completed. After service the crew disappeared behind the curtain and were nowhere to be seen.

It's all small things, none of them matters. In the past I would get an aperitif, then would be offered wine with the main, then would be offered a coffee or tea. On this particular flight it was an aperitif, then no wine offered with with the meal, no coffee or tea.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by florens
Am I correctly assuming that my upcoming flight to HEL (11FEB) will be rotation B and therefore this?
What's your flight number? I believe you should get the same service as I got on BA850 on 2nd Feb.
florens likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold

It's all small things, none of them matters. In the past I would get an aperitif, then would be offered wine with the main, then would be offered a coffee or tea. On this particular flight it was an aperitif, then no wine offered with with the meal, no coffee or tea.

(my bold)

My own view is that it’s so often the small things that DO matter, in so many aspects of our travels, where we have paid for what should be higher quality and service standards - whether it be a hotel, airline seat, restaurant etc etc.

I’d say the rushed / abridged service you describe could come as something of a disappointment to anyone who was perhaps flying business class for the very first time ; and equally, to many of those already well-accustomed to sitting upfront.

Poor show overall.

rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
What's your flight number? I believe you should get the same service as I got on BA850 on 2nd Feb.
Thanks for that. It's 794.
megaloman likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by florens
Thanks for that. It's 794.
Yes I think that should be the same menu, all outbound Longs are the same from LHR (and the same but different from LGW and LCY if that makes sense), they changed the meal options in November and I've not updated the rotations. I just got the hang of it when they changed it all.......
florens and megaloman like this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:44 am

]Plates looked a lot less messy and they were not hot.

I have to disagree. I hate it when hot food is put on cold plate - sometimes freezing cold plates

5 rows of CE, they did the pre-meal drink run, but all was rushed. By the time we've got to Amsterdam (40 minutes from departure) the service was completed. After service the crew disappeared behind the curtain and were nowhere to be seen.

Rushed - my Dear you are a master of understatement.. When you say 5 rowa, do you mean that that was the configuration or was it full. If there were three or four of you, I could understand you.

It's all small things, none of them matters. In the past I would get an aperitif, then would be offered wine with the main, then would be offered a coffee or tea. On this particular flight it was an aperitif, then no wine offered with with the meal, no coffee or tea

They were not following the service correctly. They should have offered you wine with meal and they should have offered you tea or coffee. Just out of curiosity - did you ask? When you say that the service was complete, had they collected the trays as well? I'm afraid that sort of service would have me ringing call bells.I really do not like crews flinging stuff out so that they can retire and chat in the galley.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 1:36 pm

Plates looked a lot less messy and they were not hot.
I have to disagree. I hate it when hot food is put on cold plate - sometimes freezing cold plates
I wouldn't like freezing cold plates too...

Rushed - my Dear you are a master of understatement.. When you say 5 rowa, do you mean that that was the configuration or was it full. If there were three or four of you, I could understand you.
It was 5 rows of CE, cabin was 60% full. Trays were cleared when we've reached Amsterdam.

It's all small things, none of them matters. In the past I would get an aperitif, then would be offered wine with the main, then would be offered a coffee or tea. On this particular flight it was an aperitif, then no wine offered with with the meal, no coffee or tea
They were not following the service correctly. They should have offered you wine with meal and they should have offered you tea or coffee. Just out of curiosity - did you ask? When you say that the service was complete, had they collected the trays as well? I'm afraid that sort of service would have me ringing call bells.I really do not like crews flinging stuff out so that they can retire and chat in the galley.
Of course I flagged the cabin crew to get wine and I pressed the button to get a coffee and extra drink. By completed service I mean all trays cleared, yes.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
...Plates looked a lot less messy...
+1. Most airlines are moving towards plating meals, just like we do at home. But not BA! No, sir. They have stopped plating with the new CE catering and also the single plated main in CW has gone with the new catering. One of the reasons CX catering gets the slating it does is because of their notorious casserole dishes!
Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
+1. Most airlines are moving towards plating meals, just like we do at home. But not BA! No, sir. They have stopped plating with the new CE catering and also the single plated main in CW has gone with the new catering. One of the reasons CX catering gets the slating it does is because of their notorious casserole dishes!
Right, at the risk of repeating myself, if you call "plating" slopping that pot of whatever on to a plate that has come from a chilled trolley (which holds the chilled bits of the meal, and if that is what you do at home then Good Luck to you. Chez moi, I put the plates in the oven to warm - which is something that I wish the Spanish and a lot of the French would learn to do, then I put the food on it. Since we buy our food fresh and cook it ourselves, we never have any pots from which to tip it. So - a big Thank You Sir from me. I was sick and tired of hot food being put on cold. To me the whole Long Service CE meal service is a big improvement.

Yes they have stopped Plating and Jolly Good Job too as the plates come from and oven and the food stays hotter longer. I believe that the Pannini which everyone moans about are "plated" as they are served.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Right, at the risk of repeating myself, if you call "plating" slopping that pot of whatever on to a plate that has come from a chilled trolley (which holds the chilled bits of the meal, and if that is what you do at home then Good Luck to you. Chez moi, I put the plates in the oven to warm - which is something that I wish the Spanish and a lot of the French would learn to do, then I put the food on it. Since we buy our food fresh and cook it ourselves, we never have any pots from which to tip it. So - a big Thank You Sir from me. I was sick and tired of hot food being put on cold. To me the whole Long Service CE meal service is a big improvement.

Yes they have stopped Plating and Jolly Good Job too as the plates come from and oven and the food stays hotter longer. I believe that the Pannini which everyone moans about are "plated" as they are served.
LOL! I would rather eat lukewarm food that is better presented than hot but cremated and crusty food served in its cookware (my personal favourite effect being the foil-patterned and perfectly levelled mashed potato) but chacun à son goût! And yes I warm plates at home, the neighbours would talk otherwise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.