Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Chez moi, I put the plates in the oven to warm - which is something that I wish the Spanish and a lot of the French would learn to do, then I put the food on it.
Actually, as long as the plates are at room temperature, I do not mind their not being warmed up. In fact, while I have no issues with plates which are lightly warmed up, I do not like it at all when dishes are served in excessively hot plates, as it means that the food keeps on cooking. It is not an issue with stews and the like but not good at all with grilled meats or other more delicate food. On balance, I prefer the way the food is generally served in France to the way it is served in the UK precisely because of this. While I am in no doubt that you would have your plates at a correct temperature, all too often food is served in the UK on a plate which is just too hot for the food it contains.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Who knew that such a low-maintenance bunch of individuals as GCHs would have strong views on plates?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
My beloved warms plates gently, either in the top (not in use) oven when the main one is in use, or by leaving them in hot water in the sink ... either method at least takes the chill off before serving.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
So does anyone serve their dinner in the dish it was cooked in?
ajamieson likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 3:49 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
So does anyone serve their dinner in the dish it was cooked in?
No. However, I'll bet that most people have reheated food in an oven or microwave - which is what happens on board. I hate lukewarm food - indeed when I started flying the order was that the food had to be delivered hot to the passenger. I could not agree more about steak etc if you like yours underdone (as I do I), which is why it is so hard to get it right on an aircraft. Now with Health and Safety determing that meat may not be served unless a certain temperature is reached, it means that everything is overcooked. Now fish has to be on a warm plate. Lukewarm to cold fish is vile.This is why egg and fish are the hardest things to cook. One minute too little and it's not cooked enough, and one minute too long and it's flaky and horrible.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze

CE 08:00 ATH-LHR BA631.

Quite a nice breakfast I must say. I even had a moment of silence for the poor people in the back of the cabin.

The choice was Full English Breakfast or Vegetarian Breakfast, didn't hear of anyone near me going for the Vegetarian one!
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas

Quite a nice breakfast I must say. I even had a moment of silence for the poor people in the back of the cabin.

The choice was Full English Breakfast or Vegetarian Breakfast, didn't hear of anyone near me going for the Vegetarian one!
Looks pretty good. Glad you enjoyed ^

Must show this to my lorry-driver mate, who was waxing lyrical about a new greasy spoon caff he’s just discovered - where the brekkie special is apparently much like the one pictured but comes with two sausages and toast. £5.99 all-in, with a big mug of tea.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas

CE 08:00 ATH-LHR BA631.

Brekkie is definitely one of the stars of CE (no matter the band) but my goodness those eggs ex-LHR are horrid, even compared to ex-LGW. Hoping breakfast is one thing they don't touch during the supposed CE catering reconsiderations later this year.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:19 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by lostinlondon
Brekkie is definitely one of the stars of CE (no matter the band) but my goodness those eggs ex-LHR are horrid, even compared to ex-LGW. Hoping breakfast is one thing they don't touch during the supposed CE catering reconsiderations later this year.
Indeed - but they are ex-ATH eggs - or have I missed something.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
ISTR a particular BA Breakfast was the best meal on one trip

How sad is that?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
You have indeed caught me, but the eggs in question seem to still be the eggs à la LHR-aise, rather than à la LGW-aise.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by lostinlondon
You have indeed caught me, but the eggs in question seem to still be the eggs à la LHR-aise, rather than à la LGW-aise.
Yes ex-ATH. Either case, tasted great! One thing though, it would be nice to have snacks on board other than cashew nuts. The drinks selection was more than adequate, but I was feeling a bit peckish towards the end of the flight and was only offered 2 packs of nuts (i guess they did not have anything else to give).
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:40 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
They should have some biscuits as well.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Yes, that is the very same. Perfect for the short hop MAN-LHR but woefully inadequate as a ‘lunch’ on any longer service. I actually enjoyed it, but if I was served that on a LUX flight I’d be vigorously bashing out a complaint.
Really enjoyed this as a light meal on the way down from EDI. Turned it into a trio of open prawn sandwiches on buttered brown rolls . Very nice with a glass of bubbles.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 4:14 pm

​​​​​

All catering on shorthaul is ex-London. There are now no catering contracts in Europe, everything is loaded in London. Breakfasts are loaded in insulated boxes and stored on the aircraft overnight. We then have the joys of the 'build a breakfast' putting the yogurts and butter on the trays and loading the hots into the ovens. Always fun when trying to board passengers at the same time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.