Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2018, 4:17 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G

BA819 CPH - LHR CE Prawn salad or chicken Caesar salad (in a roll).

I had the prawn salad and was bracing myself for a single prawn...so was rather surprised when 6 appeared! Picture isn't the best as cabin was still dimmed and I didn't want to use the flash...but you get the idea.

The chicken Caesar (the person in 1A had it) was good but I'm told it wasn't chicken caesar so take from that what you will...I did see some tomato in it so assume it was a mistake by the cabin crew in what was delivered!

Crew was good, busy with 8 rows of CE and rammed full...Watching people all try to cut each other up when group 1 was called was hilarious...what? You know there were 8 rows of CE when you chose your seat but now your surprised that 40+ people are queuing to go in group 1...Had to put a few pushy goldies back in their place when trying to barge past me in the queue as my iPhone BP was only showing a 'Silver' colour ... strange that one can be in CE as a Silver..or gasp! as a non member!
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:19 pm

LHR to LED (St Petersburg) this Friday so lets see what the offerings are. Return on Monday. Have my thermals ready.
Just a thought flight departs at 0925hrs so does it mean breakfast, or a hot meal?

Last edited by calpelion; Feb 21, 2018 at 7:28 pm
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:57 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by calpelion
LHR to LED (St Petersburg) this Friday so lets see what the offerings are. Return on Monday. Have my thermals ready.
Just a thought flight departs at 0925hrs so does it mean breakfast, or a hot meal?
Hope you have a good flight, a great city, especially in Winter when there are less tourists and you can enjoy it more! Definitely need the thermals though!

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but my (general, not LED specific, been too long since I've flown that route) experience in such matters are that the meal is the one that fits in the time slot (so even at 09:25 expected time, which will be later in reality) this will be breakfast.

Hoping someone can confirm this or correct it but that was the case in a few previous flights when it was also close to a change over meal period. (As I hated the afternoon tea but tended to fly at the edges of the time band for it).

Safe travels. If no one more knowledgeable does answer, please come back and let us know for future use and how it tasted please! TIA
calpelion likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by BotB
Hope you have a good flight, a great city, especially in Winter when there are less tourists and you can enjoy it more! Definitely need the thermals though!

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but my (general, not LED specific, been too long since I've flown that route) experience in such matters are that the meal is the one that fits in the time slot (so even at 09:25 expected time, which will be later in reality) this will be breakfast.

Hoping someone can confirm this or correct it but that was the case in a few previous flights when it was also close to a change over meal period. (As I hated the afternoon tea but tended to fly at the edges of the time band for it).

Safe travels. If no one more knowledgeable does answer, please come back and let us know for future use and how it tasted please! TIA
Thank you, and will do.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by BotB

Yes, a 0925 departure will be breakfast.
​​​​​​​
Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:04 am

Thanks for The reply. So for the sake of 5 minutes breakfast is served. Thats fine by me.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Originally Posted by volar
BCN-LGW medium band dinner. Chicken breast with pasta salad (and dressing sachet!) and dessert pot. This was quite tasty and more substantial than some of the LHR offerings of late (halved prawns, anyone?). I'd actually ordered the Kosher special meal as I wanted to try it for a change, but for reasons the excellent crew couldn't fathom, it was't loaded.
I had this meal on the 20:25 GLA-LGW last night. It is definitely a bit more substantial than the normal salad offerings, although the chicken was a little dry.
volar likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Any word or update on the new CE catering expected to be coming ?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond

A very tasty smoked chicken salad flying EDI to LCY on Friday evening. It was only me and my partner in CE which was good... the CSM was however very apologetic when she brought the bread basket as they had only loaded two little slices of bread...
Old Feb 25, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
Had the "pleasure" of sampling the Frit Almonds on my flight to HEL. These almonds are so bland and dry, it's almost like eating cardboard. Won't touch them again. Hope the Out Of Africa nuts will make a comeback.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by MrsBiggles
Had the "pleasure" of sampling the Frit Almonds on my flight to HEL. These almonds are so bland and dry, it's almost like eating cardboard. Won't touch them again. Hope the Out Of Africa nuts will make a comeback.
Had the same privilege coming back from Stockholm last week, absolutely horrid things. Even the name sounds like something they picked up in a multipack from Lidl. Hopefully there’s just supply issues with out of Africa.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
The new nuts would seem to be permanent - the packs are BA branded on the back which they wouldn’t bother with if it was a temporary issue?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
I had a frozen meal KSML from MAN-LCY today. CSM said this was due to the meal being loaded in Chambery. Does'nt make any sense!!! Will get pictures uploaded later.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Originally Posted by Speedbird92A

Had the same privilege coming back from Stockholm last week, absolutely horrid things. Even the name sounds like something they picked up in a multipack from Lidl. Hopefully there’s just supply issues with out of Africa.
They seem to be similar to the ones that Iberia have. I don't mind them but prefer smoked almonds, which have a bit more flavour. My preference would be for cashews though.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
They seem to be similar to the ones that Iberia have. I don't mind them but prefer smoked almonds, which have a bit more flavour. My preference would be for cashews though.
Agree, cashews are way better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.