Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
Here is a guide as to the best and worst seats in First, Club World, World Traveller Plus and World Traveller on the Boeing 777 (all variants). Please ask your questions here, and hopefully someone will be able to help!

The following triple-seven seat maps have been prepared for quick comparison and reference.

MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
777 = 777-200ER (77M, 77R, 77J, 77L,77S, 77T) and 777-300ER (77G)
77W = 777-300ER (77H and 77G (occasionally))

Type 77M 777-200ER
Refurbished four class: 8F 49J 40W 138M; fitted with new Club World Suites
G-RAES G-VIIA G-VIIB G-VIIC G-VIID G-VIIE G-VIIF G-VIIG G-VIIH G-VIIJ G-VIIK G-VIIL G-VIIM G-VIIN G-VIIS (15)
Refreshed 2010 First, 2019 CWS, 2010 WT+, 2018 WT (10 abreast) and Thales IFE

Type 77R 777-200ER
Refurbished four class: 14F 48J 40W 134M
G-VIIV G-VIIW G-VIIY (3)
2010 First, 2006 CW, 2018 WT+/WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Three class 777-200
Type 77L 777-200ER
Refurbished three class: 48J 40W 184M; fitted with new Club World Suites
G-YMMG G-YMMH G-YMMI G-YMMJ G-YMMK G-YMML G-YMMN G-YMMO G-YMMP G-YMMR G-YMMS G-YMMT G-YMMU (13)
2019 CWS, 2018 WT+, 2018 WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Type 77S 777-200ER
Refurbished three class: 32J 48W 252M
G-YMMA G-YMMB G-YMMC G-YMMD G-YMME G-YMMF (6)
2006 CW, 2018 WT+/WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Type 77T 777-200ER
Refurbished three class: 32J 52W 252M
G-VIIO G-VIIP G-VIIR G-VIIT G-VIIU G-VIIX (6)
2006 CW, 2018 WT+/WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Four class 777-300
Type 77G 777-300ER
Four class: 14F 56J 44W 183M
G-STBB G-STBC G-STBI (3)
2010 First, 2006 CW, 2010 WT+/WT and Thales IFE

Type 77H 777-300ER
Four class: 8F 76J 40W 130M
G-STBA G-STBD G-STBE G-STBF G-STBG G-STBH G-STBJ G-STBK G-STBL G-STBM G-STBN G-STBO G-STBP (13)
2020 First, 2019 CW, 2018 WT+/WT and Panasonic eX3 IFE

Related threads:

A guide to BA's 777 fleet
LGW & LHR selected 777s go 10-abreast (3-4-3) in Y 2018 onwards
New BA First Class? [8F configured Boeing 772]
Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Boeing 777

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2022, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to the BA board, Medskis1!
Originally Posted by Medskis1
My problem is, when I log into BA (yes I have an Executive Club account and a nice AMount of Avios) under SEATING it says Seat Selection can only be made at checkin. Wow. I understand seat selection is not free in many categories for BA and I am very willing to pay cash or in Avios to select something decent for this overnight flight. Any ideas…..I have tried several times and cant even see a seat map.
What level membership do you have in BAEC?

On the assumption that your membership level doesn't entitle you to free seat pre-allocation, the problem here is very likely to be that your booking has not yet been ticketed. Cruise lines tend to do this fairly late in the booking cycle, as ticketing is basically the point at which they have to pay the airline. If there is no ticket, then you won't be able to pre-allocate your seat online.

You should be able to do this on the phone, though, if you can get through to an agent. I don't know whether payment by Avios would work on the phone, but IIRC they will happily take a cash payment to do this even though the booking remains unticketed.
Medskis1 likes this.

Last edited by Globaliser; May 27, 2022 at 8:28 am
Old May 27, 2022, 8:08 am

Programs: Many
Globaliser

you are right - we are unticketed. Earliest they ticket is 60 days out and flight is Aug 7.

I need to speak with an agent anyhow because I have to separately buy our LHR to EDI flight (there is a BA flight 2 hours after we land at LHR) to see if I could somehow link the two PNR’s so our luggage can go through to EDI without need to get it at LHR and recheck for the second flight. We had already booked a 2 week Scotland trip before we booked the river cruise. Viking can get us to LHR or Amsterdam and we are on our own for other flights of course. I do hope BA would be able to link the bookings.
Old May 27, 2022, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Globaliser

you are right - we are unticketed. Earliest they ticket is 60 days out and flight is Aug 7.

I need to speak with an agent anyhow because I have to separately buy our LHR to EDI flight (there is a BA flight 2 hours after we land at LHR) to see if I could somehow link the two PNR’s so our luggage can go through to EDI without need to get it at LHR and recheck for the second flight. We had already booked a 2 week Scotland trip before we booked the river cruise. Viking can get us to LHR or Amsterdam and we are on our own for other flights of course. I do hope BA would be able to link the bookings.

hi medskis1

Welcome to flyertalk

A bit ot for this thread but Unfortunately BA will not tag bags through on separate tickets ( it has been policy for 5 or 6 years now so you wilm need to collect bags at Heathrow and recheck in for Edinburgh

( I should point out that some agents may tag bags through but this is not policy and I would not count on it)

I would allow extra time at LHR to collect bags

Regards

TBS
Old May 27, 2022, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I need to speak with an agent anyhow because I have to separately buy our LHR to EDI flight (there is a BA flight 2 hours after we land at LHR) to see if I could somehow link the two PNR’s so our luggage can go through to EDI without need to get it at LHR and recheck for the second flight.
This is OT for this thread, but BA policy is to not through-check on two separate bookings. So you will need to leave enough time between flights to clear immigration, collect your bags, clear customs and then check them in again for your flight to EDI, plus allowing for any delays that might risk you missing your LHR-EDI flight.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 4:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Missing windows 5A/K on 77M

Just booked LHR-NAS for next year. Looks like 77M version.
Currently in 5K. Usually prefer first row and ideally the mini cabin but haven't flown on this version.
It looks like there are missing windows on this seat and the one usable window is right behind you.
Is this correct?
If, so will move to 6 or 7K.
Many thanks
JezzaG likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Dselvan
Currently in 5K. Usually prefer first row and ideally the mini cabin but haven't flown on this version.
It looks like there are missing windows on this seat and the one usable window is right behind you.
Is this correct?
Many thanks

Hi,

From here,

https://www.aerolopa.com/ba-type-77m

looks like you are right ( missing windows on 5a and 5k)

Regards

TBS
Old May 28, 2022, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

From here,

https://www.aerolopa.com/ba-type-77m

looks like you are right ( missing windows on 5a and 5k)

Regards

TBS
Thanks TBS. Yes I looked at the wiki and Aerolopa. Just wanted to make sure if someone can confirm. Have switched to row 6.
Old May 28, 2022, 6:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Is this correct?
Many thanks
5K does have one window but it is perfectly positioned.

I posted some photos of 5K here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33923496-post1153.html

I hope this helps
PETER01 likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Prospero
5K does have one window but it is perfectly positioned.

I posted some photos of 5K here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33923496-post1153.html

I hope this helps
Thank you Prospero. This is the exact info I was after. Moved back to 5K😀👍
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
77G

Our LHR-DEN flight in October has been changed to a 77G with old CW seating. We're in seats 12A & B now. I understand I (in 12A) will have to disturb and climb over someone to get to the toilets. Will I have to climb over my wife in 12B or the passenger in 13B ? The seat map doesn't make this clear. Also, they have blocked off seating in the F cabin. Do those seats remain unoccupied at departure or are CW passengers moved up?
Old Jun 4, 2022, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Our LHR-DEN flight in October has been changed to a 77G with old CW seating. We're in seats 12A & B now. I understand I (in 12A) will have to disturb and climb over someone to get to the toilets. Will I have to climb over my wife in 12B or the passenger in 13B ? The seat map doesn't make this clear. Also, they have blocked off seating in the F cabin. Do those seats remain unoccupied at departure or are CW passengers moved up?
If 12A, you climb over 13B.
If F service are not sold for the flight, F generally remains closed unless BA have oversold and then, they do move people to First but with Club world service. This is a bit hit and miss.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 3:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by richarddd
Are there better or worse seats for couples in J on the 77H / 77W, LHR-JFK? For other CW suite planes, the consensus seems to be that all the EF seat pairs are about the same, but thought I'd check.
same question in case of swap on LAX-LHR
Old Jun 5, 2022, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
same question in case of swap on LAX-LHR
For Club suite, normally the mini cabin is a bit quieter and first row is usually quieter.
We both prefer windows and so usually sit in 5/6A or K on 77M (mini cabin) or 1/2A or K in 77L variants ( not mini cabin)
Old Jun 5, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
If 12A, you climb over 13B.
If F service are not sold for the flight, F generally remains closed unless BA have oversold and then, they do move people to First but with Club world service. This is a bit hit and miss.
That's not going to work- I don't have the strongest bladder. I see 16 J&K are available and I would have direct aisle access. Are those terrible seats?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
That's not going to work- I don't have the strongest bladder. I see 16 J&K are available and I would have direct aisle access. Are those terrible seats?
There are not exactly terrible since 16K has direct access from a window seat into the aisle.
Only think to keep in mind are the lavatories are just behind this row of seats and the bassinet seats for premium economy are just beyond the toilets and also technically 16EF is the couple bassinet seat in Club.
Not a deal breaker but something to be aware of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.