Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
Here is a guide as to the best and worst seats in First, Club World, World Traveller Plus and World Traveller on the Boeing 777 (all variants). Please ask your questions here, and hopefully someone will be able to help!

The following triple-seven seat maps have been prepared for quick comparison and reference.

MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
777 = 777-200ER (77M, 77R, 77J, 77L,77S, 77T) and 777-300ER (77G)
77W = 777-300ER (77H and 77G (occasionally))

Type 77M 777-200ER
Refurbished four class: 8F 49J 40W 138M; fitted with new Club World Suites
G-RAES G-VIIA G-VIIB G-VIIC G-VIID G-VIIE G-VIIF G-VIIG G-VIIH G-VIIJ G-VIIK G-VIIL G-VIIM G-VIIN G-VIIS (15)
Refreshed 2010 First, 2019 CWS, 2010 WT+, 2018 WT (10 abreast) and Thales IFE

Type 77R 777-200ER
Refurbished four class: 14F 48J 40W 134M
G-VIIV G-VIIW G-VIIY (3)
2010 First, 2006 CW, 2018 WT+/WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Three class 777-200
Type 77L 777-200ER
Refurbished three class: 48J 40W 184M; fitted with new Club World Suites
G-YMMG G-YMMH G-YMMI G-YMMJ G-YMMK G-YMML G-YMMN G-YMMO G-YMMP G-YMMR G-YMMS G-YMMT G-YMMU (13)
2019 CWS, 2018 WT+, 2018 WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Type 77S 777-200ER
Refurbished three class: 32J 48W 252M
G-YMMA G-YMMB G-YMMC G-YMMD G-YMME G-YMMF (6)
2006 CW, 2018 WT+/WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Type 77T 777-200ER
Refurbished three class: 32J 52W 252M
G-VIIO G-VIIP G-VIIR G-VIIT G-VIIU G-VIIX (6)
2006 CW, 2018 WT+/WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Four class 777-300
Type 77G 777-300ER
Four class: 14F 56J 44W 183M
G-STBB G-STBC G-STBI (3)
2010 First, 2006 CW, 2010 WT+/WT and Thales IFE

Type 77H 777-300ER
Four class: 8F 76J 40W 130M
G-STBA G-STBD G-STBE G-STBF G-STBG G-STBH G-STBJ G-STBK G-STBL G-STBM G-STBN G-STBO G-STBP (13)
2020 First, 2019 CW, 2018 WT+/WT and Panasonic eX3 IFE

Related threads:

A guide to BA's 777 fleet
LGW & LHR selected 777s go 10-abreast (3-4-3) in Y 2018 onwards
New BA First Class? [8F configured Boeing 772]
Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Boeing 777

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2022, 3:47 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Currently showing an 777-300 4 class with old CW. Allocated 10J/K at the moment. While like the fact no one stepping over the forward facing seat, worried the noise and traffic from the galley will be a lot. I wondered if others could suggest if moving further back is the way to go, albeit not all the way as the back row is on top of toilets!
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
albeit not all the way as the back row is on top of toilets!
I thought the advice in this thread has been to book the last row, in front of the lavatories, to obtain seats with direct aisle access, and that people report no significant issues with light/noise/etc. with the lavs?
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by anabolism
I thought the advice in this thread has been to book the last row, in front of the lavatories, to obtain seats with direct aisle access, and that people report no significant issues with light/noise/etc. with the lavs?
I think that is the majority view here. However, my own experience has been negative, so I have avoided 16AB and 16JK on these aircraft, even though it means having to step over someone to get out from a window seat. There must be at least some other people who have found the same as me.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 9:07 am

Hi all. After years of gleaning advice on this forum I managed to secure a 2-4-1 LHR-NBO in J for our belated honeymoon this summer (25/6 out 9/7 back). MMB shows old club world rows 10-15 (48J) and expertflyer has a blocked out 14F cabin. Is this likely to be an ex LGW 4 class 77R (G-VII- V/W/Y)? Are there any plans for these three to get updated to Club Suite? I appreciate everything is subject to change but just trying to gauge if we have any realistic chance of travelling in CS.

Many thanks

AJ
Old Feb 20, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Hi folks,

Allegedly will have club suites on a 777 flight to Orlando in April. Fully aware that the equipment may change by then but, without wishing to to jinx it, I can currently see that the middle pairs (we’d prefer middle) available are rows 1, 12, 13 & 14. Are any of these particularly good/bad? Row 1 might be good for getting off the plane early if they’re still doing the disembarkation by row number thing (though I assume one departs through door 2L), but not sure if the service/food choices are as good up there… all opinions welcome!
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by aj_flyer
Hi all. After years of gleaning advice on this forum I managed to secure a 2-4-1 LHR-NBO in J for our belated honeymoon this summer (25/6 out 9/7 back). MMB shows old club world rows 10-15 (48J) and expertflyer has a blocked out 14F cabin. Is this likely to be an ex LGW 4 class 77R (G-VII- V/W/Y)? Are there any plans for these three to get updated to Club Suite? I appreciate everything is subject to change but just trying to gauge if we have any realistic chance of travelling in CS.
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum, I hope that we will see more of you here. You question is on one level pure crystal ball stuff since even BA won't know the answer to it. But to be honest I can't see NBO being a priority route for CS. The exception would be if BA decided to do a more widespread equipment change to say the A350, but having slotted in a 777 the chances are they will fill it, and therefore can't easily change it to anything other than another 777. My underyling expectation is that NBO will be one of the last routes to go CS.

Originally Posted by richiejv
Hi folks,

Allegedly will have club suites on a 777 flight to Orlando in April. Fully aware that the equipment may change by then but, without wishing to to jinx it, I can currently see that the middle pairs (we’d prefer middle) available are rows 1, 12, 13 & 14. Are any of these particularly good/bad? Row 1 might be good for getting off the plane early if they’re still doing the disembarkation by row number thing (though I assume one departs through door 2L), but not sure if the service/food choices are as good up there… all opinions welcome!
I wouldn't overthink this. The difference in getting off quickly is in the sub 20 seconds area and given the set up at Orlando is really isn't going to make life any better. CS is very standardised, and so once you have got past the windows versus middle debate, there isn't a lot ot choose between the 4 rows mentioned. Row 14 would be the last to be served food and drink wise, but again it's not going to hugely different from row 1 or row 12.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:42 am

Please help me post,

Hi just joined but can’t find how to post a question . Help!!!
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by emilover
Hi just joined but can’t find how to post a question . Help!!!
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum emilover. You have managed to post the above, so add a new post with your question by pressing the Reply button. Try not to save the post until you are totally happy with the reply - if you then try to amend the question afterwards it may end up in a moderator queue.
emilover likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 5:23 am

[QUOTE=corporate-wage-slave;34010332]Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum, I hope that we will see more of you here. You question is on one level pure crystal ball stuff since even BA won't know the answer to it. But to be honest I can't see NBO being a priority route for CS. The exception would be if BA decided to do a more widespread equipment change to say the A350, but having slotted in a 777 the chances are they will fill it, and therefore can't easily change it to anything other than another 777. My underyling expectation is that NBO will be one of the last routes to go CS.

Thanks for your welcome and reply. I guess I felt some hope of getting CS as they are currently sending the 77M with CS to NBO. I appreciate that June is peak season so maybe they want more capacity with the 77R. Can only hope FLUB opens up although I’m not holding my breath.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 5:50 am

Hello everyone, brand new to this forum so hoping you'll be able to help me. I'm flying to LHR-ATL on 19th March and wondered if you guys could shed some light on whether my flight might have the new Club Suite. It's my first time flying business class so I'm very interested to know!

I'm aware from the above posts that it's a bit of a guessing game until closer to the time, but I've been monitoring which aircraft have been most frequently used on the route in the last couple of weeks and by far the most common is G-VIIY (a 777-200), with the occasional 787-9 and a couple of other 777-200s. Does anyone know the status of G-VIIY in terms of CS refit? I've read conflicting information on a few different sites. One forum said that all Heathrow-based 777-200s with GE engines (which G-VIIY has) have completed refit, whereas info I've got elsewhere suggests that it hasn't been done yet. I also know that the ATL route is one where CS has been/is being rolled out.

Any help is appreciated!
Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by shand28
Hello everyone, brand new to this forum so hoping you'll be able to help me. I'm flying to LHR-ATL on 19th March and wondered if you guys could shed some light on whether my flight might have the new Club Suite. It's my first time flying business class so I'm very interested to know!

I'm aware from the above posts that it's a bit of a guessing game until closer to the time, but I've been monitoring which aircraft have been most frequently used on the route in the last couple of weeks and by far the most common is G-VIIY (a 777-200), with the occasional 787-9 and a couple of other 777-200s. Does anyone know the status of G-VIIY in terms of CS refit? I've read conflicting information on a few different sites. One forum said that all Heathrow-based 777-200s with GE engines (which G-VIIY has) have completed refit, whereas info I've got elsewhere suggests that it hasn't been done yet. I also know that the ATL route is one where CS has been/is being rolled out.

Any help is appreciated!
If you have access to Manage My Booking, you can see the seat map on "Choose a Seat": if it is 4 seats across (1-2-1), Club Suite is planned for the flight. Otherwise, you can check on expertflyer.com. But aircraft changes can happen at any time for operational reasons.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by tosaerba24
If you have access to Manage My Booking, you can see the seat map on "Choose a Seat": if it is 4 seats across (1-2-1), Club Suite is planned for the flight. Otherwise, you can check on expertflyer.com. But aircraft changes can happen at any time for operational reasons.
Thanks. I've checked on BA and it does, unfortunately, show the old 2-4-2 layout at this stage. Fingers crossed the aircraft changes between now and next month but I'll try and keep my expectations low!
flyertalker0013223 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Flying BA289 LHR-PHX today, this is supposed to be a 77L route with the new Club Suite, but BA swapped in the old configuration 77W. Fortunately, we had booked 2E/2F, and the assignments stuck. Meaning we won the aircraft-swap F seat lottery :-)
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: BA, AMEX PP
Originally Posted by Kacee
Flying BA289 LHR-PHX today, this is supposed to be a 77L route with the new Club Suite, but BA swapped in the old configuration 77W. Fortunately, we had booked 2E/2F, and the assignments stuck. Meaning we won the aircraft-swap F seat lottery :-)
I trust that you will look after those seats - we are in 2E/2F on the return BA288 tonight

Interestingly the aisle seats in the CW cabin all appear to have been enhanced away!

Kacee likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Cluster One
I trust that you will look after those seats - we are in 2E/2F on the return BA288 tonight
Absolutely!

Hopefully they'll still have a couple of sets of the F bedding available for you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.