Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA - The 2017 thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by techie
Can we not skew off again to the topic of timings of flights that have nothing to do with the topic of this thread? It dilutes my enjoyment of stories of muppets misbehaving themselves.
+ 1 ... come on, chaps & chapesses, please stay on topic
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Everyone is far too well-behaved at the moment - I think I shall have to throw a loud strop in the lobby between the FLounge and CCR tomorrow
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:29 pm
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Listing to music in a public place without headphones is something which you'd expect from thoughtless teenagers who had not learned empathy, not adults.
Sadly not all people, including people who can buy business class, have any manners at all.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:05 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Right - I shall endure the abuse I deserve, and post my DYKWIA moment.

Flying MH J is my least preferable product to Asia. I slept 3 hours of a 12 hour flight, and reached KL feeling exhausted...knowing I had a 2 hour layover, and then a 45 minute flight to SIN ahead.

I went up to the MH Lounge during the layover, and was told to head to Gate H2, no less than 20 minutes before departure time.

So, 40mins before, I head to H2 and see a lengthy queue. As I was in J, and as I was in a massive mood (phone not working properly, meetings delayed etc), I decided to skip the queue (nobody objected), went through the security machines, and waltzed down the escalator - where I found boarding had commenced already. This further annoyed me, because I was of the belief they would wait to board J

Knowing I needed space for my handbaggage, I promptly walked straight past the boarding queue, flashed my boarding pass, and walked onto the plane to find my seat.

However, I was rudely stopped upon walking onto the plane. Why you may ask? Well, because I was about to board a flight to Bangkok and not Singapore...the SIN gate had been changed to H4, and I hadn't bothered to check.

So, a very very embarrassing walk back up the jetway, past the same people I had skipped past, up the stairs, past security, and over to H4.

I am now ensconced in my hotel in SIN, feeling less tired, and a lot less grumpy.

M
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:37 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

Flying MH J is my least preferable product to Asia. I slept 3 hours of a 12 hour flight, and reached KL feeling exhausted...knowing I had a 2 hour layover, and then a 45 minute flight to SIN ahead.

I went up to the MH Lounge during the layover, and was told to head to Gate H2, no less than 20 minutes before departure time.

So, 40mins before, I head to H2 and see a lengthy queue. As I was in J, and as I was in a massive mood (phone not working properly, meetings delayed etc), I decided to skip the queue (nobody objected), went through the security machines, and waltzed down the escalator - where I found boarding had commenced already. This further annoyed me, because I was of the belief they would wait to board J

Knowing I needed space for my handbaggage, I promptly walked straight past the boarding queue, flashed my boarding pass, and walked onto the plane to find my seat.

However, I was rudely stopped upon walking onto the plane. Why you may ask? Well, because I was about to board a flight to Bangkok and not Singapore...the SIN gate had been changed to H4, and I hadn't bothered to check.

So, a very very embarrassing walk back up the jetway, past the same people I had skipped past, up the stairs, past security, and over to H4.

I am now ensconced in my hotel in SIN, feeling less tired, and a lot less grumpy.

M
You're meant to snitch on other DYKWIA types, not yourself

S
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:04 am
formerly known as lady1964

Programs: BA Bronze

M
Haha, best walk of shame I've heard about in a very long time
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
Poor msm....Bangkok is so much more fun!
Old Feb 28, 2017, 3:30 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Originally Posted by jwhite9185
just so this guy would be sent back and I could give him a smug look as I walked past him...

Sums up exec club members perfectly
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Well, because I was about to board a flight to Bangkok and not Singapore...
Be lucky you were stopped or this could have been you

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...qm-credit.html
Old Feb 28, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
"However, I was rudely stopped upon walking onto the plane. Why you may ask? Well, because I was about to board a flight to Bangkok and not Singapore...the SIN gate had been changed to H4, and I hadn't bothered to check.

I am now ensconced in my hotel in SIN, feeling less tired, and a lot less grumpy."

Excellent ^ but I wouldn't have admitted that, especially on here
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by mike&co
"However, I was rudely stopped upon walking onto the plane. Why you may ask? Well, because I was about to board a flight to Bangkok and not Singapore...the SIN gate had been changed to H4, and I hadn't bothered to check.

I am now ensconced in my hotel in SIN, feeling less tired, and a lot less grumpy."

Excellent ^ but I wouldn't have admitted that, especially on here
Like I said, I'm brave enough to admit things a few hours after the fact...just not at the precise moment!

M
Old Mar 1, 2017, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have done the same thing. Pushed past a queue and then realized it was the wrong queue. When confronted I think I said something appropriately DYKWIA like "Oh course, New York is Wednesday. Today is Monday."

Old Mar 1, 2017, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
I have done the same thing. Pushed past a queue and then realized it was the wrong queue. When confronted I think I said something appropriately DYKWIA like "Oh course, New York is Wednesday. Today is Monday."

Sheesh! Glad I'm not as bad as you

M
Old Mar 1, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Calchas

Impressive, especially on the spur of the moment. I would have just played my 'age card', and got a bit of sympathy [possibly].
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:34 am

In the priority line at Tampa, waiting to board the BA flight to London, us Club World passengers were patiently waiting to shuffle on early, when an elderly couple push past us to the head of the queue. I politely point out that there is a queue. The man retorts grandly, 'we have priority because we are in Club'. I reply that everyone in the queue has the same priority because we are all Club passengers. His dear lady wife chimes in, with an unmistakeable air of triumph, 'But WE are FULL FARE passengers. Most of the people here look as if they have had free upgrades, or are using air miles'. Micro-seconds before a riot breaks out, a staffer appears and insists the couple go to the back of the queue. Which they reluctantly do, amid much huffing and puffing and threats to 'take this insult up at the highest level'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.