Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA - The 2017 thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by yurtripper
I'm Blue on all the best programs. One day I hope to graduate from blue to a subtle shade of aquamarine.
and eventually we will be asking DYKWIA, but more from the dementia than the status
Old Jan 22, 2017, 12:08 pm

Classic DYKWIA at C64 this evening boarding a SH to ZRH - said DYKWIA passenger spots the queue in the Fast Track lane, and proceeds to collar the gate agent from over the glass surround from the aisle outside WH Smith's. Upon his exclamation that he was flying business class and surely all of those gate lice in the priority queue couldn't possibly be eligible to board first, before him! Gate agent rightfully tells him his place and marches in a strop down to the back of the queue, visibly aggrieved.

On board, he plonks down down in 1A after getting himself all hot and bothered.

The gent clearly hasn't been on a ZRH service before where usually the majority of passengers have some sort of status privileges
Old Jan 22, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Trying to be non-DYKWIA, this morning I moved us from BA's allocated 1A/C to our usual 2A/C for JER/LGW sectors. Happy to let the pompous fight for overhead spaces ... for 40 minutes we're very happy to have our carry-ons under the seat[s] in front, and enjoy the 3 tables and centre console to arrange our F&B

Last edited by T8191; Jan 22, 2017 at 12:47 pm Reason: OK, KARFA ... A/C
Old Jan 22, 2017, 12:45 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by T8191
Trying to be non-DYKWIA, this morning I moved us from BA's allocated 1A/B to our usual 2A/B for JER/LGW sectors. Happy to let the pompous fight for overhead spaces ... for 40 minutes we're very happy to have our carry-ons under the seat[s] in front, and enjoy the 3 tables and centre console to arrange our F&B
Is one of you sitting on the table now?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KARFA
Edited
Old Jan 22, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by KARFA
​​​​​​​that would enhance the flight...
Old Jan 22, 2017, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Back in the days of the converter seats in CE, and taking Charity Bears with us on every trip ...
Attached Images  
Old Jan 22, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Back in the days of the converter seats in CE, and taking Charity Bears with us on every trip ...
Trained as a parachutist and reading the safety instructions? Your bear did not have a lot of faith in BA did they?
​​​​​​​
Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Worcester
Trained as a parachutist and reading the safety instructions? Your bear did not have a lot of faith in BA did they?
​​​​​​​
A PARA-Bear still needs to refresh on all the safety details contained therin, as do we all ... including the fact that the Airbus door handle goes UP to open
Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Flew SYD-LHR a couple of weeks ago travelling as a family with two 6 year olds. Just as we reach the front of the priority queue two guys present themselves at the side of the barrier flashing their F BPs and were let through in front of us. My 6 year old said "why are those men pushing in front of us mummy" and the GA explained that they were F passengers, to which my 6 year old responds "so am I"!

Family from hell (parents plus 9/10 year old and teenager) board in SIN and are very put out as they expected to be able to move people out of the E&F seats so they could sit together but found us with younger children in1E/F and 2E/F to mess up their plan. They then set about rearranging the rest of the cabin so they could take 2, 3 and 4K and 4F and once airborne they spent the first couple of hours of the flight shouting across to each other when most of the SYD pax were trying to sleep. Flight ended with mum manhandling one of my kids to get ahead of us to door 1L (it was pretty obvious we were going to be using 2L!) and then ducking under the tense barriers at immigration to get ahead of us. Dad then attempted to use a separate desk to the rest of the family to hold us up behind him but was sent away by the immigration officer and told to join his family. Very odd behaviour at 5am with sleepy kids.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
I didn't trealize that you travelled with Henky in the olden days!
Old Feb 2, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Not really sure where to put this, but for the ultimate DYKWIA if you're using BA in or out of LCY?

They'll deposit or collect you from the aircraft steps in a private car and whisk you to the lounge (for a sandwich I guess )

https://book.londoncityairport.com/p...d4bca/overview

(BA apparently refused to partake in this scheme when it launched last year, but now seem to have relented)
Old Feb 2, 2017, 12:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by bhbloke
Not really sure where to put this, but for the ultimate DYKWIA if you're using BA in or out of LCY?

They'll deposit or collect you from the aircraft steps in a private car and whisk you to the lounge (for a sandwich I guess )

https://book.londoncityairport.com/p...d4bca/overview

(BA apparently refused to partake in this scheme when it launched last year, but now seem to have relented)

As reviewed on HfP in November

http://www.headforpoints.com/2016/11...ge-jet-centre/
Old Feb 12, 2017, 8:27 am

Saw this on a popular Facebook page and had to share here....a LAMINATED First luggage label
Attached Images  

Last edited by Welcome On Board; Feb 12, 2017 at 8:34 am
Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Welcome On Board
Saw this on a popular Facebook page and had to share here....a LAMINATED First luggage label
That's just sad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.