FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA - The 2017 thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:05 pm
msm2000uk
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Right - I shall endure the abuse I deserve, and post my DYKWIA moment.

Flying MH J is my least preferable product to Asia. I slept 3 hours of a 12 hour flight, and reached KL feeling exhausted...knowing I had a 2 hour layover, and then a 45 minute flight to SIN ahead.

I went up to the MH Lounge during the layover, and was told to head to Gate H2, no less than 20 minutes before departure time.

So, 40mins before, I head to H2 and see a lengthy queue. As I was in J, and as I was in a massive mood (phone not working properly, meetings delayed etc), I decided to skip the queue (nobody objected), went through the security machines, and waltzed down the escalator - where I found boarding had commenced already. This further annoyed me, because I was of the belief they would wait to board J

Knowing I needed space for my handbaggage, I promptly walked straight past the boarding queue, flashed my boarding pass, and walked onto the plane to find my seat.

However, I was rudely stopped upon walking onto the plane. Why you may ask? Well, because I was about to board a flight to Bangkok and not Singapore...the SIN gate had been changed to H4, and I hadn't bothered to check.

So, a very very embarrassing walk back up the jetway, past the same people I had skipped past, up the stairs, past security, and over to H4.

I am now ensconced in my hotel in SIN, feeling less tired, and a lot less grumpy.

M