Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Another data point for GGLs getting AA Concierge Key service. Arrived at JFK T8 this week having had various delays, and a missed connection rebooked, turning a scheduled 3.5 hour connection for the TATL (on AA) into less than 40 mins. CK staff waiting for me at aircraft door and whisked me to the other gate and straight onto the aircraft.

I know T8 well enough that as it turned out I would have had enough time to make the connection by myself, but it was nice to know that they'd been tracking my tortoise-like progress across the US that day and had let the gate staff for the TATL know that they would be bringing me over. Made that last connection stress-free.

As an aside, was interesting to note at DCA that I was the only person who got "upgraded" to domestic F, ahead of all the AA pax. Now it wasn't strictly an upgrade, as it was a rebooking due to a missed connection on which I was previously ticketed in F. When they rebooked me, only Y was available on the new flight so they booked that and put me on standby for F. In practice this showed me at the top of the upgrade list at the gate, and this cleared. Didn't hear anyone else called up before boarding. I don't know if this was down to me being originally ticketed in F or in some way related to status. Will also be interested to see what TPs I get for that sector..
That's what's normal on AA. Revenue Premoum class passengers who had to accept a downgraded seat come before upgrade request on AAs priority list. DSR is the code that is used.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Can you use a Joker for a Comair flight?
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:05 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by sts603
Seriously? The answer is in the first post of this very thread on the first line under the section titled "GGL Redemption/Jokers".
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by golfmad
Seriously? The answer is in the first post of this very thread on the first line under the section titled "GGL Redemption/Jokers".
Strangely I can't find the answer there. Nor does searching Comair or Com Air reveal any responses.

It addresses codeshares, not franchisee flights (like Cityflyer, Com Air, Sun Air, etc.).
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:15 pm

Strangely I can't find the answer there. Nor does searching Comair or Com Air reveal any responses.
The answer is no. If you wish to use a gold guest list redemption to open up reward space it has to be on a BA operated flight. Below is the line plus more details from the section in post #1 to which I referred. I don't think it's hiding.

This is by far the most sought after benefit, as it allows you to make two return bookings per year on BA flights with Avios booking into revenue available seats as follows:
Book up to 5 seats using avios even when there are no redemption seats available
Limited to 5 joker seats per cabin per flight (though the GGL can request additional seats on your behalf)
Seats needs to be available in revenue classes (A for first, D for CW, T for WT+)
All flights must be on BA metal (cannot be used on codeshares with AA, CX, etc.), though can be combined with itineraries with seats on other metal if normal availability is available on those flights
May be used for other people, even if the GGL member is not flying
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:25 pm
Suspended

The answer is no. If you wish to use a gold guest list redemption to open up reward space it has to be on a BA operated flight. Below is the line plus more details from the section in post #1 to which I referred. I don't think it's hiding.

This is by far the most sought after benefit, as it allows you to make two return bookings per year on BA flights with Avios booking into revenue available seats as follows:
Book up to 5 seats using avios even when there are no redemption seats available
Limited to 5 joker seats per cabin per flight (though the GGL can request additional seats on your behalf)
Seats needs to be available in revenue classes (A for first, D for CW, T for WT+)
All flights must be on BA metal (cannot be used on codeshares with AA, CX, etc.), though can be combined with itineraries with seats on other metal if normal availability is available on those flights
May be used for other people, even if the GGL member is not flying
So Jokers can't be used on CityFlyer?

I'm not saying that Jokers can be used on Com Air. But the text there is quite ambiguous. Com Air after all is an airplane PAINTED in BA metal. My question is thus quite reasonable under the circumstances. So please drop the attitude.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:36 pm

I'm not saying that Jokers can be used on Com Air. But the text there is quite ambiguous. Com Air after all is an airplane PAINTED in BA metal. My question is thus quite reasonable under the circumstances. So please drop the attitude.
My understanding was that those flights are classed "British Airways (Operated as Comair)" and therefore not operated by BA. I have no direct experience of trying what you're asking and I could be wrong so I'll leave it for someone else to give you a definitive answer.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:43 pm

According to this thread you can.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ker-rules.html

Google search terms were "british airways flyertalk joker comair" and it's the top hit.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:50 pm

The answer is in the first post of this very thread on the first line
The answer is no.
I have no direct experience of trying what you're asking and I could be wrong so I'll leave it for someone else to give you a definitive answer.
Please make your mind up? If you don't know then better to say so....
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by simons1
Please make your mind up? If you don't know then better to say so....
Thanks very much simons1.

I thought I knew and then doubted my opinion which is precisely what I said.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 2:00 pm

Thanks very much simons1.

I thought I knew and then doubted my opinion which is precisely what I said.
Makes the previous sarcasm a tad unfortunate then.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
The treatment of Amex 2f1, GUFs, Jokers etc ... and beyond that ticket construction between BA and BA(Comair) is tremendously variable in practice.

What I did or could do 12 months ago has only a moderate predictor on what tomorrow's agent might be able to magic up.

Amex 2f1 is rarely allowed (per BAEC FT threads) and hence I've not bothered via Jokers, as intra SA availability is pretty good anyhow IME
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:59 pm

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
That's what's normal on AA. Revenue Premoum class passengers who had to accept a downgraded seat come before upgrade request on AAs priority list. DSR is the code that is used.
This is correct. The passengers that have an F fare are going to end up at top of the list in order of status , and then the Y fares will follow in order of status. It is really a beautiful system that they make work very very well. Makes BA look very bad in comparison.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:25 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by skba1
This is correct. The passengers that have an F fare are going to end up at top of the list in order of status , and then the Y fares will follow in order of status. It is really a beautiful system that they make work very very well. Makes BA look very bad in comparison.
Thanks, good to know. Though the Avios/TPs have posted for Y, despite being ticketed in F and (eventually) flying in F. I'm not entirely surprised, I did receive the priority you both mention to get back into F, but somewhere in the AA system they have treated it as an upgrade and the BP showed class X. ORC request coming, let's see what happens.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:51 pm
Suspended

I answered my own question. Jokers can't even be used on CityFlyer!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.